Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/07 | 12:10 PM
The Analog Admin!

The Hotsheet Price is For the Basic Kit. Any Additional Adds On Such as Factory Antenna and Extension or Bracket for Trunk Mounting is Additional. Also Depending On Car a New Trunk Trim panel May or May Not Be Needed.

KC
Old 3/8/07 | 05:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Also Depending On Car a New Trunk Trim panel May or May Not Be Needed.

KC
KC, I guess my factory Sirius antenna and extension are on their way to me, because I now see them charged to my credit card, right? BTW, I'm installing the Sirius on my wife's 06, and luckily it already has the newer trunk trim panel. Also, the ribbing on the trunk is already offset, like on your GT/CS, so it doesn't interfer with the location of the new antenna.

Too bad the factory bracket was backordered. However, I found some brackets at Home Depot that will work perfectly. I will post some pictures when I actually do the install, hopefully this coming weekend.
Old 3/11/07 | 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Alternate method of securing Sirius DLR in trunk

I'm in the process of installing Sirus in my wife's 06 stang. Her 06 was built around July 06, so the areas in the trunk, where the Sirius control unit (a/k/a Sirius DLP) mounts, as well as the area where factory antenna mounts, is exactly like an 07, which makes everything a little easier. Only problem was, that KC (at Clevenger) said the factory bracket for mounting the DLP was on backorder and he had no idea when it would become available, so I had to find an alternate way of mounting the DLP.

Here's how I did it..

I purchased 4 Adjustable Arm Brackets from Home Depot, in the Electrical area. They cost me $10. I only need to install two brackets, however, you need the extra two brackets for extra parts. Following is a picture of the four brackets purchased, and a final picture of the DLP securely installed. Plus a picture of the underside of the trunk lid, showing where I installed the factory Sirius antenna. If anyone is interested, I will post more details. All I need to do now is install the new harness, which includes R & R the Shaker 500 Head Unit. So far, this has been fun.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-dsc02905.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-dsc02917.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-dsc02919.jpg  
Old 3/11/07 | 10:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ok KC, looking at most of the pics here i just wanted to know if the bracket you sell will not mess with the amps from the Shaker 1000, i want to buy just the kit and the bracket, no antenna
Old 3/12/07 | 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

A question for everyone

Hey KC and everyone else, I have a question for you all. I have been following this thread and was planning on this Sirius factory kit. I have heard that Sirius and XM are merging and this will be completed by the end of 07. I got an Email from Sirius so this is in the works for certain. My question is, what do you all think will happen when this merger is complete as far as equipemnt is concerned? I want the Sirius factory install, but I'm just a little hesatant now, wondering if , with the merger complete, there will be a new reciever needed to listen to both or the combined progam or what. I am thinking I might hold off a factory install until I find out if I will be able to hear all the channels of the combined XM/Sirius company of will need some other components or what ever.You know how technology continous to change, just when you think you have the lastest setup and then it suddenly changes and you have to get something else.
What has anyone else heard? what do you all think?????
Old 3/12/07 | 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by runfox
Hey KC and everyone else, I have a question for you all. I have been following this thread and was planning on this Sirius factory kit. I have heard that Sirius and XM are merging and this will be completed by the end of 07. I got an Email from Sirius so this is in the works for certain. My question is, what do you all think will happen when this merger is complete as far as equipemnt is concerned? I want the Sirius factory install, but I'm just a little hesatant now, wondering if , with the merger complete, there will be a new reciever needed to listen to both or the combined progam or what. I am thinking I might hold off a factory install until I find out if I will be able to hear all the channels of the combined XM/Sirius company of will need some other components or what ever.You know how technology continous to change, just when you think you have the lastest setup and then it suddenly changes and you have to get something else.
What has anyone else heard? what do you all think?????
According to Sirius' website, you will be able to use ALL old Sirius receivers, even after the *possible* merger (it isn't for certain because it must be approved first by the FTC or whatever part of gov't that deals with it).

So, I'd say go for it now. Honestly, what they'll probably do is just combine both to have ALL programming for either one. So, whether or not you are a current XM or Sirius subscriber wouldn't matter, because you will pick up the same information from either company's satellite. (For example, whether you have Dish Network or Directv doesn't matter, because they both have the same programming; I think the same will be true for XM and Sirius)
Old 3/13/07 | 04:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think eventually there will be a new breed of reciever that takes advantage of the added bandwith of having both satellites, they have made mention of offering TV channels at some point, but both XM and Sirius equipment of this generation are going to work for quite some time. They can't afford to lose any subscribers.
Old 3/13/07 | 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I guess you all are right, Our current XM or Sirius recievers should continue to work, I just hope we do get all the channels.I geuss they are both same technology so we should be able to recieve all the channels. I would expect if and when they do finalize the merge they will offer some new recievers that get more or do more. I was not surprised to hear they were merging as they are too similar to compete and yet both continue to exist. And the new HD radio channels are already touting CD quailty " without the subscription fee" , so you know they are all trying to compete with satalite radio, but they will probably continue to have commercials which still puts satalitte radio alone at commercial free. By the way does anyone have a HD ready radio? Do they play commercilas on the HD channels as on the regular FM channels?

See that the one other bug in all this, if all radio goes HD, as they say it will, just like all TV channels are to eventually go HD, then it would make sense to watch HD radio, and some where down the road get a new head unit that is HD radio with satalitte XM/Sirius built in!!

Now I didnt know that Dish Network and Direct TV both can recieve the same programming, I guess they are both same tecnology just different companies.
Old 3/13/07 | 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

HD is going no where. Sirius is going all the way, Go sirius as you can have a lifetime membership for 500 bucks right now. Don't wait or you will miss out, they may have already stopped since the word of xm and satellite merge they may have stopped it , but I just got sirius a few months back and would never change, they are talking about video at some point. I would get the lifetime and be guaranteed some great deals I am sure when all is said and done. Later. good luck
Old 3/16/07 | 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Factory Sirius Install Complete!

I finally finished the install. Yesterday, I pulled the radio and connected the harness, but just left the part of the harness that goes to the Sirius DLP in the trunk coiled up under the dash near the fuse box. Today, I did the final part, running the harness back to the trunk area and plugging it into the Sirius DLP. The last part took only about 45 mins, which included removing the panel covering the fusebox, the sillplate, bottom rear seat cushion, rt. rear inside panel, which made it so easy to piggyback onto the existing harness with tie-wraps, all the way to the trunk. After plugging it into the Sirius DLP, I just turned on the radio and pressed the AUX button, now I have factory Sirius! I purchased my Sirius DLP on ebay from a guy who pulled it out of his new 07 F150, so it still has at least 3 months of free Sirius subscription. Now I have to decide what type of subscription will be best for me, the month to month or the lifetime. In case you're wondering, I bought everything ala cart, including DLP from ebay, Bracket hardware from Home Depot, Visteon harness from Anco Auto Specialties, Factory Sirius Antenna & extension from KC at Clevenger. In total, I spent $325, including shipping costs. The install was really easy and fun, thanks to Sodaman's great write-ups and pictures.
Old 3/17/07 | 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Glad it helped man. But couldnt have done any of it without KC's help. He is the best. Glad you got it all up and running. I figured the lifetime was paid for if you had it for like 3 1/2 years. So it was no question to me to buy the lifetime, and now that sirius and xm should merge, its going to be hot down the road. Good luck, and I liked your bracket set up, home depot always comes thru, LOL.
Old 3/29/07 | 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTEUPP
Here's an alternative mounting location which worked well for me. There's just enough space to the right of the OEM radio mount bracket and the left passenger kickplate panel to mount the tuner in a vertical orientation...
Just got my SIRIUS unit from KC last night (Thanks KC, you rule!) and did the install the same as GTEUPP! Great idea, GTEUPP! As for the 15 ft of cable, I wound it up with zip ties then put it in the void on the left side of the head unit (same place as the SIRIUS just on the other side) and zip tied it up top so it wouldn't shift. It just wasn't working for me to ball it up behind the A/C controls. My rule of thumb is that if you have to force it, you shouldn't be doing it. Anyway.. it's not the factory install but it's neat.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-siriusunit.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-siriuswires.jpg  
Old 4/20/07 | 08:07 PM
The Analog Admin!

Thanks for the Kudo's! Love it! Glad to Help!

KC
Old 4/25/07 | 05:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

has anyone done the install with a shaker 1000 or have pics of it, really want to do this mod
Old 4/26/07 | 04:27 PM
The Analog Admin!

The Sirius From the Factory on a 1000 Mounts Behind the Subs. My Brackets are on Terminal Back order at the Moment with no release Date from Ford. But A substitute is easy enough to Make. It would be no Different Than Sodamans Install other than Pulling the Subs out to get Access.

KC
Old 5/19/07 | 04:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey can you all tell me where does the factory Sirius antena mount? I dont quite see that, does it mount under the trunk lid or where? I have not seen a new Mustang with the factory Sirius install yet so I'm trying to understand where the antena mounts, I'm going to be ordering my Sirius factory package from KC soon , so I'm trying to understand how it all mounts.
Old 5/19/07 | 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

SIRIUS antenna placement options

Hey can you all tell me where does the factory Sirius antena mount?...
Tim, for a clean look I suggest one of the 3 following options;

Option #1 factory install:
If you’re trying to do a factory installation, you’ll need to pop a whole in the top of the trunk and ask KC specifically for the OEM factory antenna (it’s different than what normally comes with the SIRIUS unit). See sodaman’s posts for pics:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=100
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=101

Option #2 on top of rear deck:
I wasn’t to keen on putting a hole in the trunk and I don’t particularly like the pimple on the back of my car so I just put it on the rear deck in the window.. I don’t think it looks bad and reception is good.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...77&postcount=3

Option 3# under rear deck:
You can get the SIRIUS mini antenna and it will fit under the rear deck. (Same place as option #2 but under the deck so it's invisible).
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...2&postcount=10
Old 5/20/07 | 03:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike I agree, I sure dont want any black bump sticking out of my trunk lid, where did you get your Sirius antena you put on the back deck under the rear window? Did you get it from Sirius radio or where? You say the recption is good?
Old 5/20/07 | 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike I agree, I sure dont want any black bump sticking out of my trunk lid, where did you get your Sirius antena you put on the back deck under the rear window? Did you get it from Sirius radio or where? You say the recption is good?
Everything I used to install the unit came from KC in the basic kit including the antenna. If you go to this link it shows a picture of everything that comes with the basic kit.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...0&postcount=70
Note that I did the install like GTEUPP and mounted in the center stack (this is not the factory install which is in the trunk). This way there was no need for additional mounting brackets, you just need some zip ties and two bolts. GTEUPP install and my install are here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...6&postcount=89
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=172

As for reception, I don't have anything to compare it to since that's the only mounting location I've used but yes the reception is good. I only have drop outs when moving slow under bridges or if I'm in a heavily wooded area and even then the drop out is only for a second (and I'm not sure that's any different than any other mounting location). Sound quality obviously isn't an issue in the reception discussion b/c satellite is digital so it's either on or not.. thus the use of the "drop out" term. Anyway.. I'm extremely pleased with it and so glad I got rid of my external plug and play unit (actually.. it's in the wife's car now).
Old 5/20/07 | 09:50 PM

I have a 2006 w/ the Shaker 1000 and the factory Sirius. Got mine directly from a buddy at Sirius. it looks just like this one. as far as mounting is concerned, I just threw in on top of the sub in the trunk and put the magnetic antenna on the trunk lid.

anyway, like many of the people in this thread, I'm looking for an ipod solution that works with this Sirius radio. has anybody found anything that works? everything I've found says it disables the Sirius. I was considering just installing the trip tunes wired fm modulator (does ths thing even sound good?) but I'd really prefer a real ipod hookup. anyone have any sucsess?

PS: new to the site and I'm finding a ton of useful info. thanks

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang