Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/08, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumeye
I do have one problem that I just noticed...I'm getting some engine noise thru the sirius. Anyone else who has installed this have that issue? I'm not having any engine noise thru the iPod just the Sirius. Any thoughts?
Engine noise through the speakers usually means you have a grounding problem. I guess you could start by checking you connections to make sure they're secure and that none of your wires are frayed. If that doesn't work, you may want to try installing with the sirius casing connected to something metal on the car.
Old 1/28/08, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

I checked all the wiring and saw no bad connections, this units a plug and play so there was no splicing done at all. I do have the sirius unit mounted in the trunk, using a metal bracket thats firmly attached to the metal of the car. I'm afraid it may have something to do with the sirius unit itself, only b/c the regular radio works fine + the iPod plays fine without any engine noise at all. I used the Brandmotion adapter which piggy backs off the sirius adapter. I would think if it had something to do with wiring then both the iPod and Sirius would have the engine being as they are using the same aux input.
Old 2/3/08, 02:58 PM
V6 Member

i guess no one is having/had this issue?? I'll have to get in touch with KC and get his thoughts.

well I got in touch with KC and he forwarded my problem to brandmotion who will be sending me "one of our noise filter harnesses for certain post factory sat radio equipped vehicles"
thanks for all your help KC!!
Old 3/25/08, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Have you installed the new harness and if so, did it fix the problem? FYI, I have no engine noise through my speakers.
Old 4/6/08, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

yes i did install the new harness, that had a noise filter spliced into it. It fixed my problem with the sirius but i am still having a weird noise thru the ipod. Only way I can describe it is it sounds like a cassette recording and when the ipod goes to the next song i can hear a spinning like the ipod hard drive spin, at least thats what it sounds like. Its actually not as bad now that the weather warmed up but I can still hear it. I havent had to time to troubleshoot with brandmotion yet.
Old 4/7/08, 04:22 PM
V6 Member

I talked to Jon from brandmotion today and he's going to be sending me a new updated unit that he said should take care of the noise I'm hearing. I sure hope it works!
I will say this tho, the customer service has been great! I havent had much time to get in touch with them about this and they actually called me today to see how I was making out with the issue, cant beat that
Old 6/25/08, 01:41 PM

KC, I've sent you an e-mail. I'm not sure if you'd check the boards first, but just in case you do, are these Sirius kits still available? I've been desperately looking for one for the past couple of months but came up empty-handed. Today, I found this forum and was so excited to hear that you have sold these to many people that visit here. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 6/26/08, 08:00 AM

Anyone? I've been really desperate for one of these.
Old 6/26/08, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

SilverGT06,
I'm pretty sure he still sells 'em, otherwise we would've seen something that says he doesn't or he would've removed the link to this thread in his HOTSHEETs thread. KC is a really busy guy and sometimes it takes a few days to hear back from him via e-mail. But he's a super cool dude, and will hook you up when he does get back with you.
Old 6/26/08, 09:02 AM

Found my answer. Thanks guys.

Last edited by SilverGT06; 6/26/08 at 01:40 PM.
Old 6/26/08, 02:04 PM

Hopefully this will be my last question. I'm not that great at taking things apart and installing them. I will admit that. I really want to know where else I would be able to mount the antenna without having to mount it on the decklid. Will it work just as good if it were on the rear shelf? Or will it be a weaker signal?
Old 6/27/08, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Rear shelf has worked fine for me. I've had it installed there for over 2 years now.
Old 7/5/08, 07:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

My system is also still working perfect after a year and and a half. The lifetime Sirius subscription is really paying off!
Old 7/22/08, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by spike
Rear shelf has worked fine for me. I've had it installed there for over 2 years now.
+1. I actually installed my antenna under the felt of the rear shelf and it works perfectly!
Old 7/29/08, 10:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

So as usual I missed the boat on this one, I want to get sirius, do I just need to get one of these kits? And I see that for the Ipod I have to add something else? Is this a home mod, or take it to a car stereo installer?
Old 9/17/08, 01:30 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,902 Posts
These are Still Available. Listed in Hotsheets.

KC
Old 10/12/08, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sodaman
I finished the antenna installation today. Went ok. I had already drilled a hole about 8" from the front of the trunk lid/glass area in the center. I already have stripes so a little bit easier to find center than those that arent already striped. I used a unibit that goes up in sizes to drill the hole. It was on the 5/8" step when I slowed down. I then had to drill the smaller placement peg hole I dont remember what size that was but pretty small you can eye it up easily. I placed the antenna in the big hole with a little bit of touch up paint on the little peg to get a mark for where to drill the next hole. Once I got that I center punched and drilled the second smaller hole. Like I stated in my previous posting the 07 has no crossmember in the way for the antenna install, but my 06 does have a center small beam. I unfortunately ending up having to cut it. First I drilled it the same size as the big hole in the lid itself. But there is a clamp that bolts down from the trunk side that wont fit through, So I had to cut out a small section. I don't think it will harm anything. I applied a small bead of silicon around on the bottom of the rubberpad and popped the antenna through the hole, then applied the bolt and clamp from the other side and tightened slowly until nice and tight and the plastic clips on the antenna have popped up after going through the hole. You will understand what I am saying when you do it. Wallah, second part done. Third and final step is the wiring harness, probably wont get that done today. Will follow up with new pics as avalable, here are a few.
It is possible to install the factory installed Sirius antenna on an early style trunk lid without cutting the brace but it is very time consuming and care must be taken to correctly position the holes. I used a unibit.

Can anyone provide me the part number of the antenna extension harness?
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-102_0002-medium-.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-102_0003-medium-.jpg  
Old 10/16/08, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just FYI - the 4 nuts (not shown) that mount the DLP (18806B) to the factory mounting bracket (18888) are 5mm x .8. The 4 nuts (HN3) that mount the factory mounting bracket to the fenderwell are 6mm x 1.0

I will be using nylock nuts with hardened flat washers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Sirius Receiver Mtg.pdf (122.6 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by tmcolegr; 10/16/08 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10/25/08, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am installing one of Kevin's Sirius kits in my 05 GT which has a Shaker 1000 but no provision to mount the factory mtg bracket for the Sirius DLP. Fortunately my wife's 06 GT which has a Shaker 500 is already set up with the mounting studs and holes already drilled in the body from the factory. I snapped some pictures and took some dimensions. Just an FYI, if you have a Shaker 1000, the OEM bracket w/DLP mounts behind the amps. The subwoofer enclosure and amps w/mtg bracket must be removed to gain access to this area.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-102_0002-medium-.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by tmcolegr; 10/25/08 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2/23/10, 03:29 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,902 Posts
I have one of these kits still floating around with the OEM Sirius Box and Long Harness so you can mount the Same as OEM.

Give me a call if you want it. $375.00 Shipped to Lower 48

1-800-570-5554

Ask For Kc

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang