Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/06, 11:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last few pics

here are the final pics of the antenna install.

Since I have a trunk lid Cover this is not a big deal for me to make a cut there It was going to be almost impossible to drill the hole in the subframe big enough to allow for the clamp and bolt without ruining the other hole for the lid itself, I could always add a bracket If I think it needs it , but I dont think it does. So I will reinstall trunk lid cover once new harness is installed. I will have to run it through the conduit, so until then I will leave it uncovered.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000843.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000844.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000845.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000846.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000847.jpg  

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000849.jpg  
Old 11/22/06, 01:35 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
UPDATE!

As Soon As Sodamans Install is Final I will put together an OE Upgrade Package with All Hardware Necessary to Make an OE Style Install! You Guys are Great! Thanks for the Patience and Sodamans Great help on Making your Sirius Install Painless as Possible!

KC
Old 11/23/06, 12:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good news. Got it all installed today, except for the wiring harness that goes from the factory antenna to the sirius unit in the trunk. Soon as I have one I will install and post pics. Antenna is already installed tho. So to finish up the factory antenna all I have to do is plug in the extension harness run it through the conduit already in the trunk lid down to trunk, and plug up so pretty much done with that anyway. I did not take pictures of taking out the radio as there are numerous posts plus a how to in the working install pictures on the site. I removed radio, then I plugged up new wiring harness, which basically has piggy back plugs that the original wires plug into. So just unplug factory wires plug them into new harness, plug new harness in radio. Then I just followed the wires all the way to the trunk. routing it behind the radio underneath the dash, around the fuse panel area. I had to remove the door sill on the passenger side. then removed the kickpanel/fuse panel. still following and tie strapping to the orig harness all the way to the back. The back quarter panel cover s held in with three plastic plugs, and then clips to the side. Again just remove the plugs first then pull like you think you would, and it will unclip. Make sure when you go back together to keep the seat belt from the back area clear of it when installing, I had to do it twice as I left the belt behind it as it snapped in. I used a wire running tool as the wire goes under the rear seat for a minute. I ran the wire tool from the trunk backside underneath the seat then I taped the new harness to the tool, and pulled it under the seat carefully. Still following the orig harnesses and tie strapping all the way. Its pretty much just plug and play after that. I got it all back together, and hit aux, and immediately it said SIRIUS SAT, and you could hear there new channel. It says call sirius and gives you the number. Wallah I called, got a lifetime membership for 500 bucks, the rest is history. I am jammin if you know what I mean, "bob marley", oh yah I love this thing. I will post pics, and I will post a short video of finally. Follow link to see video. Thanks KC this thing is awesome. KC has figured out something for the wiring extension for the antenna hopefully. I am using temporary magnetic antenna sitting on back lid for now. Also will need a new trunk panel as the satellite reciever takes up space that normally the trunk insert does. So a few last minute details, but all went well. The only thing I wish I didnt have to do is cut the trunk lid framing. But it is a small piece and does not seem like it will hurt anything. If you want the antenna in the center of the trunk lid you have to cut this for clearance of the bolt,clamp, 10 mm socket to tighten. There is an area that I could have tried right near the rear windshield where there is somewhat of some hollow frame work, that I might have been able to use a router and gotten enough room for a socket. But with my Trunk Lid Cover I wasnt really worried about it. Good luck to all the rest. If you need any help just give me a holler
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-001.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-002.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-003.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-004.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-005.jpg  

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-006.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-007.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-008.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-009.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-010.jpg  

Old 11/23/06, 12:15 PM
Cobra R Member

More pics

more pics
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-011.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-012.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-013.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-014.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-015.jpg  

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-016.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-017.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-018.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-019.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-020.jpg  

Old 11/23/06, 12:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Last pics and video

I will post a link to a video in a little bit.

P.S. I posted a short video link down below
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-021.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-sirius-pics-022.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11/23/06, 06:46 PM
Cobra Member

what is that black box??????????
Old 11/23/06, 10:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Its your side marker I think. Take off your cover and you will see one on each side. Nothing to do with the sirius.
Old 11/24/06, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bought 06 Gt Used Has The Sirus Sat Equipment?

Hey I Bought An 06 Gt With The Sirus Salt. Radio Stuff In It. How Much To Get It Hooked Up Is It Worth It? Somebody Let Me Know, Or Should I Just Sell The Stuff If I Don't Want It? Thanks Rob
Old 11/24/06, 12:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Well the 06 gt didnt come with sat from the factory. So not really sure what you have. You mean just a portable unit etc? If its still in there, it should still be on, at least till there membership runs out. Why dont you take a pic of what you have. satelilte is 12.95 a month or 500 for a lifetime subscription.

Here is a link to the video of it working.
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...4&ctime=112526
Old 11/24/06, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I asked my local dealer (where I got my 05) about seeing if they would sell me the unit and they put me in touch with the guy that they subcontract all their installs with.

I just got off the phone with him & he said he could sell me the unit for $340 and that also INCLUDES installation. He will come to my work & do it in the parking lot for me.

What do you guys think, being that it is winter and all, I really don't want to mess around in the cold and why not have a professional do it (then I get a warranty).
Old 11/24/06, 01:49 PM
FR500 Member

Well, not knockin your installation Sodaman, I know you wanted to duplicate the factory.

The antenna should have been on the inside of the car on the rear deck area not hard mounted to the trunk like that. That would saved you from having to cut a hole in trunk and there are no issues with signal going through glass like that.
Old 11/24/06, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In Car Already

My Want Come On? It Has The Power Cord And Button, When I Do Aux. On The Radio And It Does Nothing? So Not Sure If It Doesn't Work Or If It Doesn't Have Subscription
Old 11/24/06, 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Yep

Yah I know about doing the deck thing. But I honestly like the look on the trunk lid. I hated to do it but I had already committed by drilling the right size hole. Then I figured out that with the brace I couldnt get the little clamp that bolts it too the hood, on properly. So sort of live and learn. But like I said it is a very small piece of framing. So didnt really seem to disturb anything. I also have a cover and thats why its not a big deal to me. For those that are not doing some sort of cover etc, will want to try up front on the hood or like anyone else can put it on the decklid over even up front some have done. But I am loving it. I just need the extension harness and I will have my trunk lid back on. Sirius Rocks!
Old 11/25/06, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NOTIFY WHEN AVAILABLE.

Thanks for all your hard work, KC and Sodaman.
Old 11/25/06, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Sodaman some questions

Hey Sodaman a few questions. I have been following along and cant wait to get one.

1. Now that you have the unit installed, can you use the preset buttons on the radio to preset Sirruis channels? Please say yes because this will be useless if we cant preset Sirius channels. Sirius has way too many channels to try and seek/scan through.
2. I'm not following what this trunk cover is your talking about. Is this in the trunk on the underside of the trunk lid or outside on the trunk lid?

3. THe pictures you have are so close up I cant really tell what I'm looking at. THen I have not torn intoi my car yet so I'm not familiar with all the wiring harness paths and all.When you get this all togehter could you maybe add some text to the pictures or something and tell me what we are looking at? Like some distrciptions.

Oh by the way, nice torch red color there I see, are those strips white or silver, cant quite tell.
Old 11/26/06, 03:13 AM
Cobra R Member

1. yes you can use the presets for the satellite, several times over.
2. I have a custom made trunk lid cover from grand design mat, It covers all the uglieness of the trunk lid. If you want to do the mod this way you will need something to cover it up. CDC, and grand design mat have things you can put there.
3.Yah I was in a hurry when taking pics. Not the best picture taker. But you will understand it all once you take the rear trunk passenger side carpet. It all goes in that corner. The rest is just plugging up front and following the lines to the trunk. The antenna wasnt a big deal either, just wished I didnt need to do it. But like I said it is covered for me. If you dont have a cover you may want to do the rear deck lid for the antenna. But yes this unit operates exactly the way I wanted, factory. It is awesome. I love the jam channel, raw dog, howard,etc. Love it. It is costly, especially the way I did it, with all the factory parts, bracket, kit itself, antenna, antenna harness, and I will need a new trunk insert for that side, as the sirius fills up the hole, so it requires a new trunk insert. I believe KC is working on all of it. I am sure he will post when he has the kit finalized.
Originally Posted by runfox
Hey Sodaman a few questions. I have been following along and cant wait to get one.

1. Now that you have the unit installed, can you use the preset buttons on the radio to preset Sirruis channels? Please say yes because this will be useless if we cant preset Sirius channels. Sirius has way too many channels to try and seek/scan through.
2. I'm not following what this trunk cover is your talking about. Is this in the trunk on the underside of the trunk lid or outside on the trunk lid?

3. THe pictures you have are so close up I cant really tell what I'm looking at. THen I have not torn intoi my car yet so I'm not familiar with all the wiring harness paths and all.When you get this all togehter could you maybe add some text to the pictures or something and tell me what we are looking at? Like some distrciptions.

Oh by the way, nice torch red color there I see, are those strips white or silver, cant quite tell.
Old 11/29/06, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Getting mine installed tomorrow by the company that does the installs for the local dealer.

They are coming to my work & doing it in the parking lot (mobile unit).

Old 11/29/06, 05:01 PM
Cobra R Member

You will love it, dont know how I ever survived without it. I love the jam on station, shade45, the blues, and of course howard. Sirius Rocks! Highly recommend, and if you got the flow, get the lifetime membership 500. There going to be around for a long time to come, 3 1/2 years and its paid for. Good luck to all.
Old 11/29/06, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
You will love it, dont know how I ever survived without it. I love the jam on station, shade45, the blues, and of course howard. Sirius Rocks! Highly recommend, and if you got the flow, get the lifetime membership 500. There going to be around for a long time to come, 3 1/2 years and its paid for. Good luck to all.
I know, I have the Xact Visor unit right now. I am getting tired of unplugging it every time I leave the car. All I need to do is transfer the account over to the new unit.
Old 11/29/06, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know if you can still use a PIE aux adapter with this installed?

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang