Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/07, 05:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome because i was afraid that that the amps would bash into the sirius bracket but i guess not, i am really thinking about this now, might even drill a hole in the panel under the rear windsheild where the speakers are at instead of the trunk
Old 1/30/07, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Questions and Concerns: Need some advise on this one.

1. I checked and the lifetime Sirius subscription is $500. However, it will cost you $75 to transfer the subscription to another radio and that can only be done 3 times. (XM will transfer the subscription to any radio without a cost and it can be done really easy online). CONCERN

2. For those that had XM and Sirius, which programming is better?

3. If I were to go with Sirius and since I have the Shaker 500 I would probably go with the factory equipment. Is this the best idea or should I go with an aftermarket HU? Suggestions?

4. If I go with the Factory, should I have an Authorized dealer install it for warantee purposes or do it myself? I have NEVER done any audio installs and I am not sure what is involved?
Old 1/30/07, 02:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sirius is awesome and worth the price of transfering, also if you want to take it inside, i would recommend a sepreate unit but if you only use it in your car then the factory would be nice, and if you do not feel comfortable doing the install then take it to a ford dealear that has installed these before
Old 1/30/07, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
Sirius is awesome and worth the price of transfering, also if you want to take it inside, i would recommend a sepreate unit but if you only use it in your car then the factory would be nice, and if you do not feel comfortable doing the install then take it to a ford dealear that has installed these before
I checked with the local dealer and it will cost me $475 to get it installed using my shaker 500 HU. It seems a little pricey, but if it is worth it then I may take the plunge. I have XM in my car now with a portable unit. I really like the satelite radio. For $475 I could get a better HU installed with maybe new back speakers. Still up in the air about this one.
Old 1/31/07, 01:57 PM

I just completed the installation using Kevin's factory kit in my 05. I followed the same procedure as Sodaman, except for the antenna location, put mine in the back deck. System is as close to factory as you can get on a 05.
Thanks to Kevin for making this option available to us.
Old 2/3/07, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I know that the factory Shaker 500 can be used with the Sirius kit, is there a way to use a XM tuner with the Factory Radio? Just curious. I use XM now with the Auxilairy and a portable tuner, but would like to install XM by using a kit if it is available. Just curious.
Old 2/4/07, 11:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i know crutchfield.com sells the XM kit to connect it to your AUX button but you still need a sepreate HU for XM, Ford is partnered with Sirius but i know chevrolet is partnered with XM, very few companies partner with both XM and Sirius
Old 2/4/07, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

That is what I thought, the Shaler would probably only work with Sirius. I don't want to change the HU. So, I guess I may go with getting the Sirius kit installed. I will just put the XM portible unit in my daughters car. It is already paid for.
Old 2/7/07, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

one question i have is with the factory sirius will the PIE adapter still work?
Old 2/8/07, 05:31 AM
Bullitt Member

I have been following this thread since the beginning and Im still waiting for a total price for the whole package , do we have one yet??

OFStang what was your total cost and did you ge the whole package from Kevin??
Old 2/8/07, 05:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Email KC for hot sheets. It is listed on there
Old 2/8/07, 12:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NJJOE
1. I checked and the lifetime Sirius subscription is $500. However, it will cost you $75 to transfer the subscription to another radio and that can only be done 3 times. (XM will transfer the subscription to any radio without a cost and it can be done really easy online). CONCERN
When I first got Sirius, I hated the unit I originally had and got a new one. They had no problems switching me over for Free. I'd contact them to find out what the transfer fee is exactly is...I don't think its changing units
Old 2/8/07, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT98
When I first got Sirius, I hated the unit I originally had and got a new one. They had no problems switching me over for Free. I'd contact them to find out what the transfer fee is exactly is...I don't think its changing units

Thanks...I am going to call the dealer to get it installed. for $425 they will install it and I will get a warranty with it. I am not much of a DIY type of person.
Old 2/24/07, 12:52 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sodaman
1. yes you can use the presets for the satellite, several times over.
2. I have a custom made trunk lid cover from grand design mat, It covers all the uglieness of the trunk lid. If you want to do the mod this way you will need something to cover it up. CDC, and grand design mat have things you can put there.
3.Yah I was in a hurry when taking pics. Not the best picture taker. But you will understand it all once you take the rear trunk passenger side carpet. It all goes in that corner. The rest is just plugging up front and following the lines to the trunk. The antenna wasnt a big deal either, just wished I didnt need to do it. But like I said it is covered for me. If you dont have a cover you may want to do the rear deck lid for the antenna. But yes this unit operates exactly the way I wanted, factory. It is awesome. I love the jam channel, raw dog, howard,etc. Love it. It is costly, especially the way I did it, with all the factory parts, bracket, kit itself, antenna, antenna harness, and I will need a new trunk insert for that side, as the sirius fills up the hole, so it requires a new trunk insert. I believe KC is working on all of it. I am sure he will post when he has the kit finalized.
Sodaman -- I tried reading through all of the posts and your write up of the install and I have one question yet. Where do you get the power for the Sirius receiver? Is it part of the wiring harness? I have the Sirius One now and had it wired up so that the power is controlled by the ignition, but want to go with the "factory" install like you did (because I have a convertible for one thing, plus I don't like the Sirius One hanging from the windshield, especially since a cop may mistake it for a radar unit if I get stopped).
Kevin, on the hotsheet price, is that for the whole kit to do the install like Sodaman did?
Old 2/24/07, 12:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Kevin, on the hotsheet price, is that for the whole kit to do the install like Sodaman did?
KC: +1 (thanks!)
Old 2/24/07, 01:05 PM
Cobra R Member

...I have the Sirius One now and had it wired up so that the power is controlled by the ignition, but want to go with the "factory" install like you did (because I have a convertible for one thing, plus I don't like the Sirius One hanging from the windshield, especially since a cop may mistake it for a radar unit if I get stopped).
Jim, how do you like the Sirius one. I'm considering it, because of the price. I'm thinking about just placing it in the cupholder on its side when in use, and placing it inside the console when not in use. That's how I had my XM wired.

Is the Sirius one nice, and would it fit in the cupholder lengthwise on its side.

I am also considering the factory kit, but it's a little much $$ for me. I've seen kits on ebay for the tuner and antenna, but don't know what's involved for trying to wire them up to the radio. Plus, I don't know if my radio is compatible, because it's ID is not listed on KC's list (it's neither on the go nor no go section)
Old 2/24/07, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a Sirius one for a while, it's not good, but it's not bad either. I usually just put it on a station that I liked and tossed it in the console compartment. For the price though, it' can't be beat.
Old 2/24/07, 03:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Jim, how do you like the Sirius one. I'm considering it, because of the price. I'm thinking about just placing it in the cupholder on its side when in use, and placing it inside the console when not in use. That's how I had my XM wired.

Is the Sirius one nice, and would it fit in the cupholder lengthwise on its side.
The Sirius One isn't bad, especially at the price. But I found that I had to use the inline FM modulator in the back of the Shaker. It didn't work using the wireless FM very well (I had to keep jumping around to different stations). Once I put in the in line FM modulator though it worked great.

It will drop into the cup holder when you pull it off the mount; I pulled the bottom piece out of the rearmost cup holder and the unit dropped in no problem. I had it there today while I was checking to see if it was my antenna or the unit that was causing signal problems (my wife has a Sirius Sporster in her car and so I was moving the units between cars to check and determined somehow my antenna has gone bad on my car). It will also lay down lengthwise running the length of the cup holders if the bottom piece is left in the rear most holder.
Old 2/24/07, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

The Sirius One isn't bad, especially at the price. But I found that I had to use the inline FM modulator in the back of the Shaker. It didn't work using the wireless FM very well (I had to keep jumping around to different stations). Once I put in the in line FM modulator though it worked great.

It will drop into the cup holder when you pull it off the mount; I pulled the bottom piece out of the rearmost cup holder and the unit dropped in no problem. I had it there today while I was checking to see if it was my antenna or the unit that was causing signal problems (my wife has a Sirius Sporster in her car and so I was moving the units between cars to check and determined somehow my antenna has gone bad on my car). It will also lay down lengthwise running the length of the cup holders if the bottom piece is left in the rear most holder.
Thanks for the info. I just purchased one (at $30, it can't be beat). Wow, that thing is even smaller than I imagined. It's smaller than my radar detector.

I've had an XM roady with the wireless FM transmitter, so I know what to expect with that.
Old 2/27/07, 07:50 AM
Cobra R Member

well the power is all through the wiring harness that plugs in the back of the shaker etc. when you get it from KC, you have to get a new trunk side panel, it is shaped differently for the sirius unit being in the side cubby hole area. This will make it look factory. kit is great. You can get it with just a normal magnetic antenna/ can put it on rear deck etc. Or you can get the factory antenna. I installed everything as close to factory as a I could. If you have any questions give KC a call he is a cool cat and can let you know anything you need to know, plug n play, except for factory antenna, have to do some modding if you want it in factory location on the trunk lid, see my pics to illustrate what I am talking about. Good luck.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang