Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/06 | 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Probably not. While I don't know that for 100% I remember seeing a disclaimer that PIE and Peripheral Electronics adaptors do not work with factory installed satellite radios and those need to be disconnected. I recommend you check with Precision (PIE maker) to be sure. Also, why would you want to go for this option if you already have PIE? Sound quality won't improve. You will get an option of controlling you sat via factory stereo of course, but is it worth it?
Old 11/30/06 | 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AvtoLubitel
Probably not. While I don't know that for 100% I remember seeing a disclaimer that PIE and Peripheral Electronics adaptors do not work with factory installed satellite radios and those need to be disconnected. I recommend you check with Precision (PIE maker) to be sure. Also, why would you want to go for this option if you already have PIE? Sound quality won't improve. You will get an option of controlling you sat via factory stereo of course, but is it worth it?
Yea, I want to be able to control my Sirius through the stereo and remove my dash mounted starmate. I'm not sure if I am going to do it, just gathering info for now.
Old 11/30/06 | 09:48 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by WERKED 66
That is the Trunk Exhaust It allows Air out when you Slam the Trunk lid.
Old 11/30/06 | 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Got mine installed this afternoon.

It is so much better and easier to use. The only drawback that I have found so far is that if you want to see the artist name and song title, you have to hit the arrow up or down button next to where you insert cd's in order to see this info.

Another plus though is that you get 3 bands x 6 buttons = 18 presets.

Definitely worth the $$ so far.
Old 12/1/06 | 03:07 PM
The Analog Admin!

UPDATE.

Be aware that My Kit is a plug and play Unit. Many of the Kits out there offered by Ford Dealers may Require Additional Wiring to an existing plug in your factory wiring Harness. Also Be aware that I will be offering all the Neccessary Additional Components to Make as close to an 07 Style Install as Possable. You can Simply Get the Bracket and Hardware for Mounting. Or You can Also get the OE Antenna and Wiring Extension also if Desired. It has also come to My Attention that Some Early 06 and 05 Mustangs have a Different Luggage Compartment Trim Piece that Recesses into the Trunk Wall. If you Use the factory Mounting Bracket you may also want to get the Late 06/07 Style Finish Panel. Shaker 500 and 1000 Use Different Panels. Since the 1000 Covers this Area you may want to Just Trim the Panel. Anyway Just an FYI! I want these conversions to be a breeze and I appreciate your Patience while I get all the in's and outs of this Upgrade. Also Be aware that the UPGRADE Pieces are in Short Supply as of course Ford Did not see these Parts being Sold for Upgrades! They merely project sales for replacements only. Not the First time I did this to them! Also i am Told Instructions will hopefully be available in Two Weeks!

Keep Checking this Post for Updates! We are Very Close!

KC
Old 12/1/06 | 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

KC,

I got the hotsheets but which one is the Sirius Plug and Play on?

Never mind I found it. It were a snake it would have bit me.
Old 12/1/06 | 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kirby,
It's the one that says "FordNavigation-SiriusUnits.rtf".

Kevin,
Thanks for the update. I will definately go with your suggestion.
Old 12/1/06 | 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by f1-cobra
Kirby,
It's the one that says "FordNavigation-SiriusUnits.rtf".

Kevin,
Thanks for the update. I will definately go with your suggestion.
Thanks, I found it right after I posted the question.
Old 12/6/06 | 01:48 PM
The Analog Admin!

BAD PIC LINK REMOVED!

UPDATE!

5R3T-18C815-GB Verified to Work!

Here are the Lists of Radios Checked to Work with the Sirius Unit. These are not Just Mustang Radio's BTW. It Looks Like Most the Radios will work with the exception of Early 4r3t Numbers which are Early 05 Radio's Hopefully Most of our Members had the Radio TSB Done which should have put the 5r3t Radios in the Majority of 05's. Here is the Deal. If you want to Try a Sirius Kit on an 05/07 Mustang and your Radio is not on the list I can Sell you one and if it is not compatible I will take it back as long as it is not Physically Installed. You Just send me back an Unmolested unit and I will Issue Credit Minus Shipping Costs. All you have to Do to Test is Remove the Radio and Plug everything in. No Taking everything apart and Then Being Disappointed. Procedure for Getting Radio # is on Post62. Also See Post 125 for UPGRADE Info. FYI Just because a Number is on the Will Work List is not a 100% Guarantee that your Radio is going to Work but That Number Was Bench tested and Did work at my Supplier.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/21/23 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12/6/06 | 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

KC thanks for all the work on this Radio

THanks for seeing this through, I hope it works with my radio, but even if it doesnt thanks for all your efforts KC.

The number I got on my radio was 6R3T-18C8-156A. Looking at the list Im wondering if I'm mistaking a 6 for a G? Maybe my number is 6R3T-18C8-15GA? Its realy hard to tell with the digital weather its a G or a 6? I'm thinking my radio will work, and when I get the money and a price I'll try it. I'm crossing myfingers , I really want this to work, would love to have a factory install and get rid of my UGLY Sirius Sportster I got stuck on my dash. Do we have a total price yet?
Old 12/7/06 | 07:16 AM
The Analog Admin!

The Last two Digits After the 5 are always Letters.

The Kit is Priced but Ford still has not priced the Antenna extension for the OE Antenna. This only Effects those wanting to use the Factory Antenna.
Old 12/7/06 | 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

So are the odds pretty good that it will work with mine? The list says 5R3T-18C815-J works and my radio is 5R3T-18C815-GB.
Old 12/8/06 | 03:43 PM

Whats the pricing for this system? I already have a portable set-up but I would like to ditch it for a stock look. The antenna is already routed so all I think I'd need is the box and the wiring harness (and what ever for mounting it).

EDIT: Ok, after looking at the pics again it looks like it gets mounted in the trunk area... I was hoping that I wouldn't have to rerun the antenna wire again but I guess I do if it's mounted there.
Old 12/10/06 | 07:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Whats up KC

Hey there bud,
any word on the antenna extension deal, and the trunk insert piece? Would love to finish it all up. trunk still apart. When you do send it please send a few more plastic hold down tabs as well, you pretty much ruin them when taking the panel off. Thanks again, sirius rocks.
Old 12/11/06 | 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin,

My current shaker is 4R3T-18C8-15GG. I am taking it to the dealership to have the radio TSB done and they are going to replace it with an updated model. Hopefully that one will work with the Sirius unit.

Should I just e-mail you for my order or do you want me to call you. I want to get mine with an antenna that I can place on the parcel shelf, not on the trunk.

Thanks
Steve
Old 12/22/06 | 11:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Alright the installation is finished. I am very pleased with the factory install after the factory that is, LOL. I think I came as close as your going to get. I got the last pieces I needed from KC, the antenna extension wire for factory antenna, and the new grey panel insert for the trunk, as the satellite reciever takes up the space the old insert went into. I had to trim the bottom piece that covers the spare as it is designed to go into the cubby hole as well. That was a breeze, just used a straight edge and cut with a razor. Turned out perfect. I did use the factory conduit that is already coming from the trunk lid. I just undid the snap ins and the electric tape and pushed in the new wiring into the conduit. There was exactly enough space left. I then retaped the conduit like factory and added a few extra just for good measure. I followed the conduit all the way down to the sirius receiver area then I finished it off with tie straps. There are a few snap in areas you have to undo the tape to continue in the conduit, so just have some electric tape ready to go and all is good. I am very impressed, this looks exactly like factory, but even better with a trunk lid cover, as you cant see the antenna or wiring at all from the trunk. If you are going to do the factory antenna location you will need a trunk lid cover or organizer from cdc would work too. Hope all this helps. You can get an awesome install I think if you take your time. Good luck to all. KC is the man, thanks for coming through with all the diff parts KC. Ill chat at you soon, now lets go rock the SIRIUS, seriously, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1010032.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1010033.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1010035.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1010036.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1010037.jpg  

Old 12/22/06 | 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great, sodaman Very clean install.

I finished mine last night. Big thanks to KC for all his help. I bolted mine at an angle behind the wheel well frame and reused the same trunk insert. It wasn't the best solution, but it works for me.

Oh, and by the way. Sirius rocks!!!
Old 12/23/06 | 03:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

KC will you have a kit that will work with the Shaker 1000 cause i think the area in the trunk panel is taken up by the two Amps from the subs, or does for place the unit somewhere else away from the subs and Amps?
Old 1/10/07 | 04:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

bump KC any help
Old 1/10/07 | 04:20 PM
The Analog Admin!

My Gt C/S has Factory Sirius and Shaker 1000 It Fits behind the Woofers!

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang