Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/07, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earlier today I emailed LogJam asking about their ipod adapters. by the time I made this post, they got back to me. According to them, this 3 Aux input adaptor can be used with shaker & the sirius. it lets you choose between the factory sirius & 3 sets of RCAs.

It's not what i was looking for but it's better than the wired FM modulator. this won't control the ipod but it should sound good.

$60 unit - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3auxconv.html
$30 harness - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3frdp2.html

can be used with a RCA to 1/8" headphone jack or you can get a iPod to RCA adapter

$40 iPod2RCA - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxpdrca.html
Old 7/27/07, 01:28 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
bump!
Old 8/23/07, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Kevin, I snet you e-mail too, but what's the part number for harness with Sirius connector? Is Shaker systems pre-wired for Sirius or do I need to order the harness too?
Old 8/23/07, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SFNMutt
Earlier today I emailed LogJam asking about their ipod adapters. by the time I made this post, they got back to me. According to them, this 3 Aux input adaptor can be used with shaker & the sirius. it lets you choose between the factory sirius & 3 sets of RCAs.

It's not what i was looking for but it's better than the wired FM modulator. this won't control the ipod but it should sound good.

$60 unit - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3auxconv.html
$30 harness - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3frdp2.html

can be used with a RCA to 1/8" headphone jack or you can get a iPod to RCA adapter

$40 iPod2RCA - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxpdrca.html
I have a New Ipod Interface which allows you to Control Ipod From the Radio Controls. I am Currently Testing it in my GT-500. I will Start a Forum on it When I am ready to Offer Unit.

KC
Old 8/23/07, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by mvon919
Kevin, I snet you e-mail too, but what's the part number for harness with Sirius connector? Is Shaker systems pre-wired for Sirius or do I need to order the harness too?
The Sirius Kits I sell Are not exactly The Same as The Factory Units. I believe they use a Different Harness Which May Not Work with the Factory Sirius Reciever. I will verify this with My Contact asap. The cars are not Prewired for sirius to my knowledge.

KC
Old 8/23/07, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
The Sirius Kits I sell Are not exactly The Same as The Factory Units. I believe they use a Different Harness Which May Not Work with the Factory Sirius Reciever. I will verify this with My Contact asap. The cars are not Prewired for sirius to my knowledge.

KC
Thank Kevin... based on the picture in this thread the Sirius Receiver box looks the same, so does the connector in harness..

Question! The harness included in your retrofit kit replaces the whole factory harness behind the factory radio, correct? If it's so, then it should work, just PM me the price for the harness only. Thanks man, you rule!
Old 8/24/07, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I have a New Ipod Interface which allows you to Control Ipod From the Radio Controls. I am Currently Testing it in my GT-500. I will Start a Forum on it When I am ready to Offer Unit.

KC
thanks, looking forward to it
Old 9/17/07, 02:18 PM

bump!
Old 9/19/07, 05:59 PM
Cobra R Member

The kit I bought from kevin works flawlessyly with my factory 06 shaker 500 system. If you look early in the thread it shows pretty much everything. But behind the radio you unplug the factory harness thats already there, plug in the new harness, which has a piggy back, so that the orig factory wiring plugs in the back of the new harness. The other end it hooks right up to the sirius box in the trunk. From there the antenna cabling goes up into a conduit, which goes to your trunk lid and plugs into the factory antenna if you purchase it. Most are just putting the mobile antenna on the back shelf I believe. This is probably the best mod I have done to date. I love sirius blues, jam on, and the shady45. Couldnt live without it now. Get it and you will love it.
Old 9/19/07, 06:33 PM

Where do I buy this kit?
Old 9/21/07, 02:03 PM

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...80#post1009080

MY NEW IPOD INTERFACE TOPIC!

KC
Old 10/15/07, 02:15 PM

Christmas is coming get yourself a Sirius Gift you will enjoy all Year!

KC
Old 1/1/08, 05:48 PM

Registration with Sirius

Anyone had a problem or issues registering these add-ons with SIrius?
Old 1/6/08, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

Sirius & Brandmotion ?

Has anyone installed the Sirius and the Brandmotion iPOd interface? I'm getting the Sirius from KC but I was curious if the Sirius and the iPod interface work together.
Thanks
Old 1/7/08, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mumeye
Has anyone installed the Sirius and the Brandmotion iPOd interface? I'm getting the Sirius from KC but I was curious if the Sirius and the iPod interface work together.
Thanks
They Have a Kit That will Work with that Install! I do Stock them!

KC
Old 1/16/08, 08:53 PM

Slightly different Sirius install

I ended up recieving a slightly different kit than did 05stangkc, in so much as the harness was only about 4.5' long, or about 1/3 of what you really need.

Since patience is not one of my virtues, I plunged into it with the intention of mounting the Sirius reciever in the area around the radio enclosure. Since it became clear that the unit was a bit oversized and would require some metal cutting to get it to the side of the radio I contemplated locating it in the area above or below the radio where it would fit quite well. The issues here were finding a suitable mounting point.

In the end, I ran the harness beneath the center console and into the area beneath the rear seat sqaub; this was as far as my harness would "stretch"! So on my initial install, I have the Sirius unit mounted below the seat squab plastic frame.

When putting things back together, I did notice lots of space beneath the drivers (and passenger) seats, and I think I might look at mounting the unit there instead (more air flow, maybe).

KevinC was really helpful and sent the parts within a few days - certainly can recommend using his services. I would def recommend adding the SAT system via the factory radio verses the add on, stand-alone units.

Install time was a "slow paced" 65-minutes, an it would be hard to make too much of a mistake. Had I recieved the correct harness, I would expect it would have added about 2-hours to the install by having to route the harness under the sill plates and having to remove the Shaker 1000 in the trunk.
Old 1/18/08, 10:27 AM
V6 Member

just recieved my Sirius and brandmotion kits, will be installing today
thanks KC !!!

Old 1/18/08, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

got everything installed and works GREAt!
Old 1/26/08, 04:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mumeye
got everything installed and works GREAt!
I do have one problem that I just noticed...I'm getting some engine noise thru the sirius. Anyone else who has installed this have that issue? I'm not having any engine noise thru the iPod just the Sirius. Any thoughts?
Old 1/26/08, 05:45 PM
V6 Member

I had one of these kits installed in my 07 Roush Coupe.

They ran the harness behind the dash and under the passenger side kick panel and installed the unit under the passenger seat. They used a magnetic antenna that I could not stand. I spliced all the wires in the harness and moved the unit to the trunk so I could install the factory antenna. Didn't have any problem with noise.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang