Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Factory Engine Cover $$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/06, 08:44 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFChief
Thanks for the pics. I wasn't so hard over on a color matching tube so i'll probably go with the black and dress it up with a emblems or something. The engine cover is too cool!
Yes, I would give anything if my tube were Black or silver.
Old 7/12/06, 09:06 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Maybe I should see if I can get the Color Codes for the Engine Cover for those wishing to Color Coordinate other under hood Items. Bet it is the same as the 05/06 Bullits.

kc
Old 7/12/06, 09:09 PM
The Analog Admin!

FYI, Starting to Ship Batch 2 Of Engine Covers. Batch Three Should Show up Soon Enough. Now if the Hardware will Keep Pace we will be Doing Fine. Don't Panic If I have not contacted you for your C/C Info Yet, I do it Right before Shipping Usually.

BUSY BUSY BUSY!
Old 7/12/06, 09:13 PM
The Analog Admin!

To Order Cover!

email to clevparts@aol.com

In the Subject Line Put ENGINE COVER ORDER
If you Posted your Desire to order your Cover in Forum please put post #
Please Submit
Name
Shipping Address
C/C Billing Address {indicate if same}
Daytime Phone Number!

I will contact you for C/C Info as or if Needed.

Thanks!
KC

Be Aware I have a Backlog of emails at the Moment and I will answer asap. You Guys are Really Keeping me Hopping!
Old 7/13/06, 04:55 AM
V6 Member

If it's scratched...

Got mine a week ago and the thick bar in the middle was pretty scratched up.

FYI.

Home Depot
America's Finest by Rust-Oleum
Fast Dry
All-Purpose
Interior/Exterior
HD2815 Aluminum

Perfect Match
Old 7/13/06, 07:43 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by brian
Got mine a week ago and the thick bar in the middle was pretty scratched up.

FYI.

Home Depot
America's Finest by Rust-Oleum
Fast Dry
All-Purpose
Interior/Exterior
HD2815 Aluminum

Perfect Match
Good Info. I take it you purchased this Locally. A scratched part can be Returned to your selling dealer for replacement. The Packaging is not the Best on these covers. I inspect all of mine before shipping and add Bubble Wrap to avoid and Damage intransit. Also your Paint mentioned is for the text and Relief Area Correct? Not the Darker Main Color.

kc
Old 7/13/06, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Ordered from fordparts.com, which I believe is actually just some dealer in Tacoma. Is that correct?

> Also your Paint mentioned is for the text and Relief Area Correct? Not the
> Darker Main Color.

Correct.

And since the metal bushings were too large for the stock bolts, I replaced the metal bushings with washers. I'll probably take your nut/bolt part #'s to the dealer though.
Old 7/13/06, 09:55 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Ordered from fordparts.com, which I believe is actually just some dealer in Tacoma. Is that correct?

> Darker Main Color.

Correct.

And since the metal bushings were too large for the stock bolts, I replaced the metal bushings with washers. I'll probably take your nut/bolt part #'s to the dealer though.

Thanks for that paint code. I have decided I am going to paint my intake tube tomorrow.
Old 7/13/06, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I AM SO JEALOUS. BUT, i just spoke to KC and he said 7-10 days and I'll be a proud owner of one of those. YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
Old 7/13/06, 01:55 PM
The Analog Admin!

I have Ford Looking for Both Factory Paint Codes for thr Relief and the Lettering.

kc
Old 7/13/06, 01:58 PM
The Analog Admin!

> Darker Main Color.

Correct.

I would recommend getting the correct Hardware ASAP.The Bushings on the cover Take Up Thread engagement and you could pull the Threads out of the Intake if you are using the stock bolts.

kc
Old 7/13/06, 03:44 PM
V6 Member

any updates on the brace? did you have a chance to try it out on your ride?
Old 7/13/06, 06:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

I have one one the Way to a Member for a Check out of Clearances Under Hood! I will do a post on the Results. Should be Soon!
Old 7/14/06, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

KC and TMS, I have just received the Ford Strut Brace, the Engine Cover and the Console Lid. Will begin the install and post pics (hopefully) within the hour. Super quick shipping...THANKS KC!
Old 7/14/06, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by delz05
KC and TMS, I have just received the Ford Strut Brace, the Engine Cover and the Console Lid. Will begin the install and post pics (hopefully) within the hour. Super quick shipping...THANKS KC!
We can't wait to see if the Ford Shelby strut tower brace fits over the engine cover! If so, KC is going to be selling a ton of those as well ! Please post the pics when you can, and also be sure to see if the brace is hitting the hood or not. Thanks in advance!

Buster
Old 7/14/06, 03:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Is this the frpp strut tower brace or the one bar shelby brace you are trying to put it under. I am interested to see if it fits under the ford racing two tube brace, not the one tube shelby brace.
Old 7/14/06, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

cant wait to see the pics.how much was the console cover?
Old 7/14/06, 06:50 PM
V6 Member

Took those step stud/flange nut part #'s to the dealer near my office today.
Dude was like "what are these for? I don't see them in stock anywhere."
<sigh>
Guess I'll keep lookin'.
Old 7/14/06, 07:52 PM
The Analog Admin!

I can sell hardware to anybody in need!

kc
Old 7/14/06, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good News...Bad News...Good News!

Items installed on GT 'Vert

PICS WILL BE POSTED WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK...doing a split shift 730pm til 4am. Took photos, just no time to get them on TMS before work.

First the good news... engine cover fits like fingers in a glove and the Shelby Strut Brace (single bar) clears the cover with no problems. They look great togther.

Bad News...the brace will not fit under a stock 05/06 hood. It makes contact with the hood re-inforcement, just to the left and right of the fake hood scoop cut-out (you have to remove the insulation pad to see this).

Good news again...it took me about 45mins to get the brace to fit. I pulled the insulation pad...used some plumbers putty (any type of clay or playdough will work) and placed it on the bar, just above the fuel rails for a length of 6 inches, towards the strut towers. Close hood as able, lift and you will see they clay marks. Add about 1/4 inch all around, out line with marker. I used an air-powered cut-off wheel (standard body shop tool) made the cuts, removed the pieces (about 4 inches long x 2 inches wide) filed and painted the openings, and then closed the hood with no problems! Put the Insulation pad back on and off to work. I had a chance to drive it pretty hard on my way in, and on a bad piece of road, off the highway, it pushed through an area straight and true, (this being where the potholes, sewer covers, bridge grates and chewed up road surface all converge) that usually knocks the car all over. When I head home at 0400, I'll get a chance to really push it through some tight turns, but I can feel the difference right away. NOTE: This is installed on a 'VERT, hardtops may not have same results!

I will check out the insulation pad and report on damages, if any, when I post pic. I expect to see a crease whre the cut-outs are.

As for cutting/fabricating, I spent more time hooking up the compressor, finding my cut-off tool and disc and prepping than actual labor (less than 30mins). If you are not afraid of tools, then you should have no problems doing this yourself. I called the shop I used to work at and they figured about 50.00 for the labor and materials for install.

FYI...last post was at 1700, install of cover and bar, along with fabrication was completed by 1815, off to work at 1840

Quick Reply: Factory Engine Cover $$$$$$$$$