Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

who likes the new 2013 escape

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/12, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured I'd put this in here to stir the pot. In today's USA Today.

who likes the new 2013 escape-image-1583064339.jpg
Old 7/9/12, 07:28 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What pot?? This thread is about how great the new escape is and not about eastern cars. Btw.. Just because they make it here doesn't make it American or mean the profits stay here.
Old 7/9/12, 07:41 AM

Haven't driven one yet, but have seen, sat in and read up on and it seems like a great addition to the Ford lineup.

I won't buy any car simply because someone waves a flag in my face and says to do so solely because it's American made, but I would be more than proud to buy this excellent American made product that is fully deserving of my hard earned money on its own qualities.

Well done, again, Ford.
Old 7/9/12, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
What pot?? This thread is about how great the new escape is and not about eastern cars. Btw.. Just because they make it here doesn't make it American or mean the profits stay here.
Who cares where the profits go? If its made here it puts Americans to work and money in their pocket. If the big 3 build a car in Europe the money goes in Europeans pockets and the profit if any goes in the pocket of a handful of people.
Old 7/9/12, 07:52 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

When did buying ford become a issue? Some of you should of stayed in a prius.
Old 7/9/12, 07:56 AM
FR500 Member

but I buy ford... you can have the awful hitler loving kia
Seems youre the one who started all this madness man. Dont comlain about a thread goin off-topic if youre the one to blame
Old 7/9/12, 07:59 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

No... It was the million dollar man and his kid is cheaper post. You should reread the first page.
Old 7/9/12, 09:05 AM
FR500 Member

No... It was the million dollar man and his kid is cheaper post. You should reread the first page.
Ive read every post in the thread. He said hed take a cheaper option which is perfectly fine. But you said he could have his "hitler loving kia." completely irrelavent and straight insulting to the brand. Yes they dont make the best cars but neither does ford. Oh well. The kia makes more power, down by 1mpg highway, and overall looks the same as the new escape. Not a bad option. If you wanted to keep things on topic you cpuldve made a more comparitive statement between the Borrego and Escape rather than bad mouthing it an startin the whole debate. Just my .02
Old 7/9/12, 09:22 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

the kia is crap plain and simple. One lives down the block and its ugly. The front grill is retarded and its kia. Dont know what you people are smoking but kia and hyundai are crap. The are knock offs.

Last edited by Flagstang; 7/9/12 at 09:24 AM.
Old 7/9/12, 09:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I agree that inflation sucks. But if I had to buy a Economy car I'd go straight for Honda. if it was a truck, suv or muscle car I'd be heading to Ford. I agree that some of fords cars have been lack luster over the years, the expedition, mustang and f150 have been the mainstay I'd say.. but there new cars are excelent, but expensive..
Old 7/9/12, 09:33 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I think a honda crv or a subby foster are on the same level. The korean car makers are still the off brand.

Im thinking of one in DIB. I think I would go with the 2.0 over the 1.6 motor. The 1.6 gives 23 City / 33 Hwy and the 2.0 gives 22 City / 30 Hwy.

The option level im thinking is SE or SEL.
Old 7/9/12, 09:35 AM
FR500 Member

the kia is crap plain and simple. One lives down the block and its ugly. The front grill is retarded and its kia. Dont know what you people are smoking but kia and hyundai are crap. The are knock offs.
Youre entitled to your opinin and so is everyone else here. If we say we like Kia then we like Kia. So be it. But were on a Mustang forum for a reason, were all fans of the Blue Oval.
Byw the genesis coupe is right next to the sixxer mustang and is considered a direct competitor. Its better around a track and just as quick in a straight line. The borrego was a motor trend staff favorite for many reasons, affordability, efficiency, interior cargo room, and very comfortable. The Optima is quickly rising in its class and ill admit is a very sharp looking sedan. The forte koup looks very nice as well. Theres nothing wrong with kia or hyundai. Or any other import brand for that matter.
Old 7/9/12, 09:40 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

the optima has 90% of its styling stolen from other cars. I car shop about 3 days out of the month as a hobby. We go and play with cars and I have been inside of these cars and I can tell you real world that they are still lacking and cheap. keep reading books but get out and touch and feel the cars at the dealers and shows.

also the car rags said hands down the new stang sixxer wins track and street.
Old 7/9/12, 10:01 AM
FR500 Member

the optima has 90% of its styling stolen from other cars. I car shop about 3 days out of the month as a hobby. We go and play with cars and I have been inside of these cars and I can tell you real world that they are still lacking and cheap. keep reading books but get out and touch and feel the cars at the dealers and shows.

Ive gone out and sat in all sorts of cars, new kias included. And every company in the world pretty much (excluding exotic and top level luxury) all use design cues from others. I have yet to find an affordable brand that doesnt have some cues from other car models
Old 7/9/12, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

I'm waiting for you to say that Kia is copying Audi...that would make my day!

(if you don't know why I'm saying this then it looks like you should do some more reading as well as going out to 'touch' these cars)
Old 7/9/12, 11:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gster
and the profit if any goes in the pocket of a handful of people.
A handful of people??? Ever hear of shareholders?

So many Americans don't have a clue about capitalism and our economy.
Old 7/9/12, 11:37 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by CCTking
Ive read every post in the thread. He said hed take a cheaper option which is perfectly fine. But you said he could have his "hitler loving kia." completely irrelavent and straight insulting to the brand. Yes they dont make the best cars but neither does ford. Oh well. The kia makes more power, down by 1mpg highway, and overall looks the same as the new escape. Not a bad option. If you wanted to keep things on topic you cpuldve made a more comparitive statement between the Borrego and Escape rather than bad mouthing it an startin the whole debate. Just my .02
Old 7/9/12, 01:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

A handful of people??? Ever hear of shareholders?

So many Americans don't have a clue about capitalism and our economy.
I understand completely what capitalism is all about and I am for it. Let's just use Apple as an example. I love Apple and have all there products, but everything is made in China. They have 47000 US employees most of them in customer service and retail 12000 are engineers. 1.2 million employees in China just about all in manufacturing. There sitting on 400 billion and make 46 billion in profits every quarter. They just told there share holders sorry no dividends. Just think if apple put 1.2 million americans to work. It might cut there profits in half or they might make more no one will ever know, but hey that's what capitalism is all about. How many people at Apple are going to pocket that money? Not 1.2 million. So ya who cares where the profits go as long as Americans are working. Shame on you for not wanting to give Americans jobs
Old 7/9/12, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

really dig the new escape, i've seen a few of them on the road here in scal.

adrian, did the eb 2.0 feel stout or sluggish at all?
Old 7/9/12, 03:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gster
I understand completely what capitalism is all about and I am for it. Let's just use Apple as an example. I love Apple and have all there products, but everything is made in China. They have 47000 US employees most of them in customer service and retail 12000 are engineers. 1.2 million employees in China just about all in manufacturing. There sitting on 400 billion and make 46 billion in profits every quarter. They just told there share holders sorry no dividends. Just think if apple put 1.2 million americans to work. It might cut there profits in half or they might make more no one will ever know, but hey that's what capitalism is all about. How many people at Apple are going to pocket that money? Not 1.2 million. So ya who cares where the profits go as long as Americans are working. Shame on you for not wanting to give Americans jobs
No I don't think you do 'completely understand capitalism'.

Twisting the subject from your alleged 'handful' of people that benefit when US domiciled Corporations make profit vs foreign domiciled corporations, to a separate issue about outsourcing, is just dodging a bullet and running from your error.

Regardless if it is Ford profits or Apple profits reaching their shareholders, it is consumer purchasing decisions that determine whether US based corporations benefit the US economy vs Korea based or China based or Japan based or European based corporations boosting their respective economies. And all the shareholders benefit - not just the 'handful' you referred to. You sound like a 99er whiner with the OWSers.

As for Apple holding cash rather than paying dividends, you make it sound like the shareholders haven't benefitted. Those cash reserves are reflected in the high stock price. Millions of shareholders have benefited. Apple has about 900 Million shares outstanding with 76 Billion in shareholder equity. Ford has about 4 Billion shares outstanding with 15 Billion in shareholder equity. Whether shareholders own Apple, Ford, other US domiciled corporations, directly or through index funds in their 401k (whole or fractional shares), it is the shareholders who are rewarded when profits increase, and in turn the US economy benefits as well as Treasury. It is NOT just a 'handful' of people at the top.

I may not be able to do much to help the US economy but I do my part. I'd choose the Escape all day long over Kia. All you Kia lovers are sending the corporate profits outside the US economy.

Respectfully.

Quick Reply: who likes the new 2013 escape