05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Getting welts! (Not what you think)

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/07, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright i have recieved the silver welt (thanks stan!) now how do i get the two ends to meet, and stay together? am i missing something?
Old 3/29/07, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by firestang
alright i have recieved the silver welt (thanks stan!) now how do i get the two ends to meet, and stay together? am i missing something?
Sounds like you started with the end that I did NOT install the connecting pin in. Then, when you got back to the start, you cut off the 4 inch piece with the pin in the other end. If you still have the surplus pieces, examine them both for the pins. I can guarantee you they did not fall out in transit!

Stan
Old 3/29/07, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Just received mine. Thanks for the quick shipping, Stan.
Old 3/29/07, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine the other day too! I installed it and it's looking good!

I tried doing the speakers too, but can't get them to fit flush, they keep wanting to slip out... So for now, I don't have those in until I figure a way to seat them in there better...

Thanks Stan!!
Old 3/29/07, 12:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RUgoinUp?
Just received mine. Thanks for the quick shipping, Stan.
You're quite welcome...

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I got mine the other day too! I installed it and it's looking good!

I tried doing the speakers too, but can't get them to fit flush, they keep wanting to slip out... So for now, I don't have those in until I figure a way to seat them in there better...

Thanks Stan!!
Pics, baby! We need pics... (if you get around to it!) Meanwhile, enjoy. It's just a shame that people only get to see it when they peek inside your car. (Kinda like my GO seats I installed. They look sweet, but not always seen by the simple passerby...)
Old 3/30/07, 12:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey Stan got mine too I can email you the pics they look great, Thanks for everything
Old 3/30/07, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Hey Stan got mine too I can email you the pics they look great, Thanks for everything
You're welcome, Lou. I sent you a PM. Send me your pics and I'll post them here...

Later, Gator!

Stan
Old 3/30/07, 08:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
You're quite welcome...

Pics, baby! We need pics... (if you get around to it!) Meanwhile, enjoy. It's just a shame that people only get to see it when they peek inside your car. (Kinda like my GO seats I installed. They look sweet, but not always seen by the simple passerby...)

They're not the best pics, but here they finally are! It looks a lot better in person! It's subtle, but definitely noticeable! I am digging 'em!
Attached Images   
Old 3/30/07, 11:24 PM
GT Member

I'm going to replace the vista blue I did. The paint I used isn't bonding to the rubber welt in the Heat and was starting to melt. Give me some ideas here on what would look good in a Vista Blue car with Light Gray interior. I was thinking either black or a smoked gray.
Old 3/31/07, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Just ordered some Redfire welt from pitpup. I'll post some pics when it's done. What type of tool do I need to install this?
Old 3/31/07, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xlayedoutx
I'm going to replace the vista blue I did. The paint I used isn't bonding to the rubber welt in the Heat and was starting to melt. Give me some ideas here on what would look good in a Vista Blue car with Light Gray interior. I was thinking either black or a smoked gray.
I've got a VB CS and was interested in someone doing the first VB welts...I save the bleeding edge stuff for my job.....

Sorry it didn't work but I vote for light gray or silver. My interior is dove/black and I think it would be a subtle blend between the black panel and gray door.

(...ask the rhetorical questions -- so why don't I do this myself?... ...no good answer...)
Old 3/31/07, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Geos05GTvert
Just ordered some Redfire welt from pitpup. I'll post some pics when it's done. What type of tool do I need to install this?
The only thing you'll need is an exacto knife or really good pair of scissors to cut the extra welt off to make it match up perfectly... Other than that, you just stuff the welt in between the door panel and the leather insert... Easy as cake!
Old 3/31/07, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Welt, I just got done experimenting with some more welt. I have a few other ideas I'm playing with but here's the latest.
I thought of putting it here also:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...0&d=1174260663

But the airbag on the passenger side might be effected by the thickness of the welt. Be careful!
Old 4/1/07, 04:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man
I thought of putting it here also:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...0&d=1174260663

But the airbag on the passenger side might be effected by the thickness of the welt. Be careful!
I thought about that to but I'm pretty sure the force of the airbag would push out with no problem. Those things are explosive! And if not, I never sit in the passenger seat anyways:-)
Old 4/2/07, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

has anyone ever thought of putting this stuff around the panel outline in the rear sides? it seems to be plastic to plastic. how would you get it to stay. my partner (at work not life) suggested the rear look like the front. it made sense.
Old 4/3/07, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by firestang
has anyone ever thought of putting this stuff around the panel outline in the rear sides? it seems to be plastic to plastic. how would you get it to stay. my partner (at work not life) suggested the rear look like the front. it made sense.
To this date, I know of no one who has successfully got the welt to stay in the back. The IUP give you that leather insert and a place for the welt to 'grab' onto. There is no leather insert in the back. And I would NOT recommend gluing!!!!!!!!

I personally don't have an issue with it not being in the back. But that's just me.
Old 4/3/07, 09:41 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered some Electric Blue from MrMikes yesterday, I'll post pics of it on my parchment door with black insert. in my Vista Blue car.

I've been wanting to get more black vinyl to glue onto the rear panels, then the welt should work fine back there. Don't know when I'll get around to trying that though.
Old 4/3/07, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Does anybody know of a source for the aberdeen vinyl or leather with the embossed pattern? It's the stuff that is used for the IUP door inserts. It would be cool to get some and apply it to the rear interior panels so they have inserts to match the doors...
Old 4/4/07, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

PM sent to PUP...
Old 4/5/07, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

Got it, futuresvt... thanks!

Quick Reply: Getting welts! (Not what you think)