05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Getting welts! (Not what you think)

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pm sent. Thanks!

mitch
Old 1/24/07, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

I picked up some black piping and am going to install it this weekend. Personally, I think that the black is nice as it gives a "finished" look to the car. Sure, it isn't "noticeable," but that is part of the point.

Not to bash the people that have colors on theirs, as I think that they look great as well (especially when incorporating the exterior to the interior). I'm just trying to offer another suggestion that may not have been thought about.
Old 1/24/07, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Would be interested in the silver tinsel and a co-worker wants the Vista...smaples available?
Barrett,

PM me for a free sample of the silver tinsel. I have not come up with a decent color for Vista Blue, but I will tell you this. I had a little Krylon left over and sprayed it on a small piece of welt and while it is early yet (read: no wear tests) it looks like it would work out real nice. Here's my take on matching VB:

Krylon comes in 'Regal Blue' and it is VERY dark. But it's a nice match to the '07 color chart I have for Ford Cars. Krylon also has a 'True Blue' but it is lighter than VB. BUT. The lighter blue would show up better on a black door. In other words, would 'compliment' the exterior VB. It would show up a lot better on the doors even though it is NOT a 'perfect match'. Regal would be the better match there.

Take an '07 Ford color chart to your local Ace Hardware Store and draw your own conclusion.

Stan
Old 1/24/07, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by WB05stang
Oh man. I didn't see that dark gray before.. Do you have a pic of that on a charcol interior?
Bret,

I shot that dark grey (what I'm calling "Alloy") on a black T-shirt. There's your contrast sample, lol.

I'd show you on my car but it's a little busy supporting my Grabber Orange peeps.
Old 1/24/07, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I picked up some black piping and am going to install it this weekend. Personally, I think that the black is nice as it gives a "finished" look to the car. Sure, it isn't "noticeable," but that is part of the point.

Not to bash the people that have colors on theirs, as I think that they look great as well (especially when incorporating the exterior to the interior). I'm just trying to offer another suggestion that may not have been thought about.
Excellent point! I hadn't thought about it because it's black on black. It WOULD get rid of that gap on the all black doors. STILL, i think the Silver Tinsel would look the best. Just MHO.

Last minute thought. Maybe the 'Alloy' on the black doors of a dark car would fill the gap yet still be (subtle) noticeable.

Good thinking! (FYI: I have no black, hahaha. Talk about a lack of imagination...)

Have a great evening!

Stan
Old 1/25/07, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Bret,

I shot that dark grey (what I'm calling "Alloy") on a black T-shirt. There's your contrast sample, lol.

I'd show you on my car but it's a little busy supporting my Grabber Orange peeps.
Cool thanks..
Old 1/25/07, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I've always liked these insets. Unfortunately with a Black car and Dark Char interior, putting black inserts would seem kinda pointless.

Just like those side mirror inserts you can get.
Old 1/25/07, 02:15 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm putting mine on this weekend. I will post pics. I also have black w/dark charcoal, but I have the IUP so I have the silver dash. But, to me, silver was a little too much. keep in mind, however, that I painted my window switch plates gray as well, so that makes a difference in appearance and "too much" silver

Not that the silver looked bad, but the black just looks nicer IMO b/c it gives a finished look.
Old 1/28/07, 06:29 AM
Cobra R Member

pics of black welting

I installed my welting yesterday. Here are pics of the black, as promised. Like I said before, it's not as noticeable as the colored piping, but IMO it gives a nice factory finish. I wanted to do silver or charcoal originally, but with the painted window plates, it was too much.

Attachment 18252
Attached Thumbnails Getting welts!  (Not what you think)-welts.jpg  
Old 1/28/07, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ready to make an order of silver tinsel for 2 cars. Do you have a PayPal account for this setup?

-danny
Old 1/28/07, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Ready to make an order of silver tinsel for 2 cars. Do you have a PayPal account for this setup?

-danny
I do! You have a PM...

Stan
Old 1/29/07, 12:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ordered mine yesterday...
Old 1/29/07, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Can someone post a picture of silver on a charcoal interior with the doors closed???

I'm trying to see what silver will look like against the IUP.
Old 1/29/07, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Just sent you my order Stan.
Old 1/30/07, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Stan, just sent order.

thanks,
mitch
Old 1/30/07, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

the piping does not work on the non-leather inserts....[tear]

I'm working on an alternative.
Old 1/30/07, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Machine
the piping does not work on the non-leather inserts....[tear]

I'm working on an alternative.
I've racked my brain trying to figure out a way to make the piping work for cars that don't have the IUP. I want the piping to go in the back panels, so it finishes off the look. When you figure out a way for the welts to stay in place (the gap is too large, and it falls out), please post it.
Old 1/31/07, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

working on it...I think I have a solution using interior chrome trim, but you'd have to paint it various colors.
Old 2/3/07, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

What a simple great looking mod. Trying to decide which would look better on a Windviel Blue with a light gray interior?

Thanks,

Rusty

P.S. Stan, just pm'd you...
Old 2/4/07, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rusty
What a simple great looking mod. Trying to decide which would look better on a Windviel Blue with a light gray interior?

Thanks,

Rusty

P.S. Stan, just pm'd you...
Actually, either Windveil Blue or Silver Tinsel would look good. I'm partial to matching the body color except on Black/Tungsten/Silver cars...

Quick Reply: Getting welts! (Not what you think)