05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Full Billet Switch Plates:...Please...

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/07, 08:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by semperfi65
Marcello,

Please don't forget those of us with verts. You do plan on vert switch plate, right?
+2
Old 6/4/07, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
How are they coming? Getting close?
Old 6/4/07, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
How are they coming? Getting close?
+1
Old 6/4/07, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Seriously though,I bought UPR's covers and took them off after 1 day.I hated them. They scratched so freakin easy too.In fact they came scratched A full piece would be awesome
Amen to that. I havent pulled mine off yet, how did the silicon come off?
Old 6/4/07, 09:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, the OEM plates we have to work from are for the verts, so I'm guessing you will be first

The downside is currently we are way behind in production, but our new machine is here (although not in operation yet) and we're trying to get things moving as quick as possible - first we have to have all production in-house of existing products before we can get these going, but I said we'd do them, and we're going to.

I expect the 4th quarter of this year to be really interesting...
Old 6/5/07, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patiently yet anxiously waiting...

So dang, I have a coupe and will have to salivate as the verts get their first. But aren't the vert plates exactly the same as the couple with an extra hole or is there more to it than that???
Old 6/5/07, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
+2
+3 ...waiting for vert plates!
Old 6/5/07, 09:52 PM
GTR Member

Amen to that. I havent pulled mine off yet,
how did the silicon come off?
I used 3m and was that ever a mistake..it left permanent indentations on the plastic..I even used a light grit sand paper and it didn't work. I painted them the same color as the a/c inner rings so it looks pretty good but you can still see where the tape was
Old 6/5/07, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Sorry Marcello, I've started a monster

Man, I feel for you with all these requests. Sounds like the end of the year for these. Good luck with them, you know we will be there to buy'em off ya! Thanks again!

Richard
Old 6/7/07, 07:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Like I've posted in a couple other spots... we're starting to really ramp up our capabilities here rather than being beholden to contract shops for our supply. We've invested every penny of every purchase back into the company to build it up, and we're getting support from our sponsors, dealers, and of course, you, our customers. AS soon as we're through our backlog, expect to see new products hitting the market much quicker, and with much more frequency than currently is happening.

(Yeah, it's late, but I'm very happy about our progress... and our new software kicks *** with our new machine !!)
Old 6/7/07, 10:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just a suggestion....

I think there should be a seperate thread that only Marcello is allowed to post in. That way he can post updates and you don't have to read through pages of "can't wait", "hurry up", etc, etc. Also if he get's any questions from here he can copy and post those questions into the "Marcello" only thread. Hopefully you get what I'm saying.

Just trying to avoid the nightmare of the "louver thread" which had prototype pics and good info on how things were coming along but it all got lost in what seemed like hundereds of pages.
Old 6/7/07, 10:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, wow, that would make my life easy... but then it wouldn't be in the appropriate forum area (interior, exterior, performance, 2010, etc...) so then what? But I like the idea of having a forum - if I ever get caught up around here I was thinking of adding one to our own website for everyone to check in at... more work though than I have time for at the moment.
Old 6/8/07, 12:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
LOL, wow, that would make my life easy... but then it wouldn't be in the appropriate forum area (interior, exterior, performance, 2010, etc...) so then what? But I like the idea of having a forum - if I ever get caught up around here I was thinking of adding one to our own website for everyone to check in at... more work though than I have time for at the moment.
Oh no not a forum. I meant something like a sticky were only you can post and edit.
Old 9/13/07, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Shameless bump

Hey,

Just try to keep the idea alive for chrome switch plates. Any progress Marcello?
Old 9/14/07, 02:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ugh, i need these bad! UPR switch plates are GARBAGE!
Old 9/14/07, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ugh, i need these bad! UPR switch plates are GARBAGE!
UH. that's kinda harsh. They always have had good stuff for the SN-95's. Let's just say the S-197 ones are not up to their usual standard.

Sooooo, yeah, my friend, and supplier of most all my other mods. How we doin' Marcello, buddy, pal, friend??????
Old 9/14/07, 09:56 AM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, was just about to reply...

It's on the short list - we've just been backed up trying to get ahead on the products we offer before starting another project, and it seems that the more we make, the more people want them. Good problem, but it is holding us back at the moment since we now do all of our CNC work in-house. Add the Saleen Heritage run to the list, as well as Temple Performance and a couple others, and you can see that we're knocking it out as quick as we can without sacrificing the quality any. The A/C ***** are done, just have to come back from finishing and we'll add the fiber-optic and be ready to start shipping them, so at least one project is done!
Old 9/14/07, 10:35 AM
GTR Member

can you give us a ball park figure(months,years,etc)
Old 9/14/07, 12:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
UH. that's kinda harsh. They always have had good stuff for the SN-95's. Let's just say the S-197 ones are not up to their usual standard.
Maybe so, but you know what they say about 1st impressions. They did not included the silicone to install them. They came pre-scratched in the packaging. And they scratch just looking at them. I would yank them off, but afraid of what kind of mess the silicone is going to leave on the factory cover.
Old 9/14/07, 12:26 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Timeframe - ASAP, whatever that ends up actually being... we want them done, just haven't got the manpower / machine time to get them done just yet. That said, we are catching up and getting ahead of some of our orders (not all, but some) and so hopefully within a couple weeks we can embark on a new part for the mills, that being the door switch plate, followed by the overhead console.

Quick Reply: Full Billet Switch Plates:...Please...