05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/06, 05:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iv'e seen those.... I'm not to fond of them on a black car tho.... i have seen pix of them on Red cars and they look sweet! Thanks for the assistance on trying to help spend my $, but i think iv'e got that out of control.... Uhhh, i mean under control!
Old 10/29/06, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Can you post any of the pics of them on Red cars? I have been thinking about them for my TR GT but still havent made a final decision.
Old 10/29/06, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

There's a thread here somewhere on TMS, just run a search and i'm sure you'll find it..... don't remember what thread it was on, but there were some pix of it on a red one... i really liked the look of them on there.....
Old 10/29/06, 08:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Have you thought about adding these clear bumper lights to your Stang? It will make it extra stealthy!

( I'm just trying to help you spend your money )
How much are those??
Old 10/30/06, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

They are about $150 a pair for the lenses at MrBodyKit.com

http://www.mrbodykit.com/lights/05mustanglights.htm

Then... if you want clear stealth bulbs to go with them, it looks like they are about $40 a pop - OUCH!

But they look really cool.
Old 10/30/06, 06:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

.... or buy the lenses without bulbs for $89.99 here:

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Lighting.htm

and if you still want the stealth bulbs:

http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/Pro...roductid=SBCA2

Willie
Old 10/30/06, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Exclamation thanks Willie...

It's amazing how prices can vary so much from one vendor to another!
Old 11/18/06, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Guys, This probably sounds crazy, but if anyone in the Chicago Illinois area is interested, i am selling the car...... I have since installed the explorer expresss X-Charger on it, so it's supercharged as well... Has about 600 miles on it, and am looking to basicly get back what i have invested in it. If anyones interested PM me and we can discuss priceing. Thanks! Dave
Old 11/18/06, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dave,

Any chance of trying to sell the body parts? I am interested in pretty much everything..

Fitz
Old 11/18/06, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dave,

You didn't buy a "real" one did you????

I just finished my conversion today, except the hood (and over-the-top striping)..... really changes the overall look....

Willie
Old 11/18/06, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lokius
Dave,

Any chance of trying to sell the body parts? I am interested in pretty much everything..

Fitz

LOL... SURE!! Just pick them up with the rest of the car!!! LOL!!!
No, thanks tho..... i sold all the old stuff already so she is what she is.....
Old 11/18/06, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Willie
Dave,

You didn't buy a "real" one did you????

I just finished my conversion today, except the hood (and over-the-top striping)..... really changes the overall look....

Willie
Nope.... Getting the wife a new Lexus, and my son will be driving next year soooo, since i had my fun, i figured i would grant both their wishes......
Old 11/18/06, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

O.K. looking for some serious opinions on this from all the mustang enthusiasts here...... I have invested roughly $35K in the entire car/project, including the supercharger, leather, wheels, tires, exhaust, suspention, i-pod adaptor, Shelby complete conversion(parts, paint, etc.) Is trying to refund my $ on this an unreasonable asking price for the car? Keeping in mind there is no labor included in the price of all the work that was done... so i am not even paying myself for all the work....... I know some are going to say it's a v-6, but it is X-Charged now, and is just an increadible car..... what do you guys think? E-bay??? I just preparing for what the dealer is going to try to insult me as a trade in.........
Old 11/18/06, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

You will be able to sell this car as is, for a small fraction over the book value of a regular V-6 mustang. I bet you get $1500 more for the aftermarket parts. If you are honestly trying to get the most possible amount of your money back, you would have to part it out. There is no way you should take this car to the dealer, trying to get some $$$ back from then just isnt going to happen.
Old 11/18/06, 09:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lokius is right, I tried to sell mine a few weeks ago and didni't get one bite. OKLACOP went through the same thing, trying to decide on price. You're never gonna get the $$$ out of it.

OKLA and I ended up keeping ours... good luck though

Jesse
Old 11/18/06, 11:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm definently down to get those pieces, I would even give you my black GT parts...

Let me know

Fitz
Old 11/19/06, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Lokius.... thanks but i'll pass.... i'm sure it will sell, i may not get what i hope for but i know it will sell. I had a guy snapping pix the other day of it as i walked out of a store, and offered to possibly take it if i sold it... but at that time i was not certain of what i wanted to do..... wish i would have grabbed his phone #! Anyways, i don't feel like doing all this again anyway! LOL........ I was talking with another guy who has an X-Charger on his 05 stang and was offered 30K for it. Mine is an 06 with only 600 miles and a brand new x-charger just installed, with the complete Shelby package so i see it being a fair asking price at 35K w'ell see, LOL.... it will be interesting tho once i get some ads out there, even just setting outside w/ a for sale sighn should be interesting!
Old 11/21/06, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Price lowered.... to 33K with that price i will ship up to $1000 in shipping costs... E-bay ad updated....
Old 11/21/06, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Are you serious? You dumped all this money into the car in the span of two months and now you're selling? I would seriously consider selling some of the parts off the car. You'll do much better that way. Either way, you're taking an enormous loss.
Old 11/21/06, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Phorty, well.... if you knew me you'd understand the way i am..... idono, always looking for something new to do....LOL, anyways, naaa, i won't take a huge loss, i am not making anything on the deal that's for sure, all my labor, time, etc go unpaid but i did it for the fun of it anyways.... i was told i could not have something, and i made it myself! LOL, guess i'll chalk it up as an accomplishment, someone is going to wind up with a hell of a ride tho! As far as parting it, naaaa, too much work... i'm sure it will sell as i have had quite a bit of interest in the short time it's been up, i have not even put a sighn on it or put it outside yet..... we'll see what happens. It's not like i'd be upset if i hung on to it anyway! Just moving on to what ever my next challange may be! LOL.....

Quick Reply: And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!