05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/06, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah..... that's the intention. Believe me, i haved swayed back and fourth on this for awhile! I can think of a bunch of reasons why not to do it, I can imagine there's a whole lot of people who would say "why would you do it" others that would say "you can't do it" but in the end, if they would make it so we all had access to them, then this would not be a problem would it! I am just doing the next best thing to make me happy and get what i was after to begin with! The overall apperance! Performance mods will follow.... so with that said, i will enjoy it, and not feel guilty! anyways, back on track, i'm hoping to see the front cover tomorrow if i'm lucky if so, the front end will come off then and there! We'll keep ya's posted!
Old 9/11/06, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by caligrn
I thought those fr500s didnt fit an 05+?
They don't. The offset is incorrect, that's why they stick out under the fender in his pics. Its too bad because I think they look much nicer than the replicas. Take a look at his pics, the tires look like they don't have enough sidewall for an '05+ with 18's- the wheels and tires were probably pulled off a '04 or older Mustang that have a smaller overall diameter tire.
Old 9/11/06, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Huhh, not sure what you mean, however i know they put them on this car New..... I think they look awesome, i was pleased when i first saw it, really stood out from the rest IMO!
Old 9/13/06, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which one is yours Dave?
Attachment 9310

Attachment 9311
Attached Thumbnails And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-p9130151.jpg   And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-p9130152.jpg  
Old 9/13/06, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking I hope one of those is not mine .....

Treat my front end w/ care please. LOL

Man some people are so lucky - he is going to put three up on his Mustang !!
I guess you can call this a three headed monster!!
Old 9/13/06, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Which ever one is not crushed or cracked!

Man, thats how their shipped huh! No Box??? Wow, seems a little risky aint it?

Steve, did they do anything for your trouble? Thanks for helping getting us hooked up!
Old 9/13/06, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

No box. Just blue foam stuff and some clear tape.. Wasn't any trouble just couldn't get my car out of the garage!

GTRacerX, is your name Mark?
Old 9/13/06, 07:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hope it comes out great ..... Keep us posted !!

Post as many pics as you can. Nope my Name is Rene'
Old 9/13/06, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTRacerX
Post as many pics as you can. Nope my Name is Rene'
Then the other one isn't yours. Sorry!
Old 9/14/06, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

For some reason i think after the world tour these things have gone on.... I think he probably does not mind!
Old 9/22/06, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Well guys, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting (mostly due to the anticipation of this conversion) I recieved the rest of my parts today from K/C! So tomorrow it's off to the races.... I hope to have everything test fit and torn down again to get it all off for paint by Monday. From all the stuff i got looks like i have a puzzle of parts to figure out! I'll post up some pix of the progress for all who are interested. I talked with my painter today, and was pleased to find out he is going to paint the stripes for me at a very reasonable increase! That's the upside to changing all these parts (front and rear bumpers, hood, spoiler) He has to prep everything , paint and clear it all anyway, so adding the stripes will not be that big of an increase in price... I was thrilled to say the least! I'll only have to bring the car in for the top stripes to be done. the rest of it will be dropped off by me.

The only tie up is unfortunately the back order of the rear bumper covers, that's the last piece i need. K/C is hoping for 1st week of october, so i'll keep my fingers crossed. Ohhh, and to all of you who are concidering this coversion, there is BIG news on the hood grills for the GT500 hood!! Let's just say it was a HUGE price reduction!!! It was like my birthday when Kevin told me about this!!! I can aford to buy more parts now!! LOL!!! More pix to come......
Old 9/22/06, 07:32 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Good to hear!
Old 9/24/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

was at it all day Saturday.... Sorry about the bad pic, it was dark when i finished. Everything less the rear bumper cover (backorder ) goes off for paint and stripes(painted) TOMORROW!
I removed the rear decklid, and spoiler and pony gas cap..... WAPITA!
so he can paint and stripe the deck as well...... I'll just have to bring the car in for the roof after the parts are installed. Got the new headlamps installed as well as the crash pad. Today, i'll work on extending the fog harnesses and adding the correct plugs for the fogs.

This is actually quite an easy job, i have to say THANKS! to Jess (L28iwon) for his thread and PM's with his tips! The pix on his thread pretty much explain it all! Very easy to do! Hat's off JESS!

Well, i'll post up in a few more days with some FINALLY pics.....
Attached Thumbnails And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00001.gif  
Old 9/29/06, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Got my baby's clothes back today! Tommorow begins re-assembly.... As well as a pleasant supprise from K/C letting me know my rear bumper cover should be here monday or tuesday!! Perfect timing as i am bringing the car in for the roof stripes early next week.... so i can get the bumper cover there and wrap this up!

Got the OEM GT leather seat covers in black on the way today as well..... so looks in like a week or 2 this will finally be wrapped up.... for this year anyway . Next year starts performance mods.....
Attached Thumbnails And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00001.gif  
Old 9/30/06, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Making Progress!!
Attached Thumbnails And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00001.gif   And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00002.gif   And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00003.gif   And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!-image00004.gif  
Old 9/30/06, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lookin Great!
Old 9/30/06, 07:18 PM
GT Member

If you don't mind my asking, how much will you have in it at completion?
Old 9/30/06, 09:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lookin good Dave. Can't wait to see it completed!!!!!
Old 10/1/06, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=OKLACOP;750747]Lookin good Dave. Can't wait to see it completed!!!!![/quote

Thanks Rob. Yeah, me either.... this thing REALLY needs a rear end, without any cover on at the moment, it makes the front end look sooo big! and the rear so small, wayyy, out of proportion. Cover comes tommorow, so off to paint by tuesday. Hey see anything farmiliar?
10.5" stripes.... 1.5" gap...... I'm lovin' it!
Old 10/1/06, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mastersmech1
If you don't mind my asking, how much will you have in it at completion?

Uhhhhh, this is a guesstimate but i think around $3700 or so. However that included all the parts/hardware needed for front end rear end and emblems. Paint/ stripes, and me doing the install. Not too bad considering this really, changes the look of the car!

Quick Reply: And Yet another... Shelby Gt500 conversion!