05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trufiber Gts2

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/07 | 01:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is there a reason the Trufiber hoods are all over eBay?
Old 9/22/07 | 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Scotte28516
Hey guys! This is Scott, I am the one with the white/grey GT that is sponsored by TruFiber. I currently have the new GTS2 hood in the paint shop. It will be done by Friday, but I will not be posting any pictures on any forums until Sunday(9/23) night after it debuts at the Mustangs at the Queen Mary show in Long Beach, CA.
The hood fits perfect. It will not however work with hood pins due to the ram air routing for this style of hood. I had FRPP pins on my car with the 67' Shelby GT500 style hood that I am replacing with the new one, but I have removed them. And, yes, this hood will work with any and all twin screw blowers. I have an H.O. Whipple on my car and had no clearance issues with the stock hood, and the new hood has a relief similar to a cowl hood, but is completely finished underneath. It uses all of the factory hardware and is easy bolt-on, and I also use the Steeda hood struts with no issues at all.

Feel free to pm or email me with any specific questions. I'll do my best to keep up here in th eforum. I can regularly be reached on www.mustangforums.com.

Scott

HI Scott,
Is the GTS2 ram air routing the same as the GTS1 hood? Does that mean hood pins will not work with either?

thanks!
Old 9/22/07 | 08:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
HI Scott,
Is the GTS2 ram air routing the same as the GTS1 hood? Does that mean hood pins will not work with either?

thanks!

The hood is identical, minus the hard edges. I'd imagine the same would be for your hood. Hood pins wouldn't work
Old 9/22/07 | 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
The hood is identical, minus the hard edges. I'd imagine the same would be for your hood. Hood pins wouldn't work

hi jonco, thanks for this info.

i been so unclear about this for a long time.

phil from trufiber told me its to have hood pins.

hmmm.....i wonder why it cant fit. i have seen hoods with the pins very wide on near the edges.

trust me, i would rather not drill holes but i guess im worried about this hood flying off the car while im driving! haha

thanks again jonco...
Old 9/22/07 | 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok guys, here's the latest. Today Phil got a call from the paint shop that is doing my hood(why they called him and not me, I have no idea!), andthey told him that the hood was going to take another 3 to 4 days to finish!! I took it to them last week, with them telling me that it would be done by the end of this week for the show. I called yesterday, and was told it was in the paint booth drying and would not be done with the final color sanding of the clear coat until Saturday afternoon. I said I was leaving for Long Beach Saturday afternoon, and needed it in the morning. I was going to have to drive the car there hoodless, bolt it on and haul ***. I am so friggin ****ed right now I can't see straight. There has been much hype about this hood debuting at the show, and no I feel like a turd in the lawn! Phil is mad as hell too, because the shop is supposed to become a new distributor for him, and already they screwed him. I have another body shop I usually deal with, and we decided to let this new shop do it due to the fact that they are a custom Stang shop and do some awsome work. We asked them if they could have it done in time, and they said "definitely"! God****it, I'm ready to go postal on someone right now.

I was told that it should be ready by the end of next week. I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I will post pics the minute I get the friggin thing back from paint and bolt it on.

Scott

If you told them the hood had to be ready for the show and they said it would, and now this, I would grab that hood and head elsewhere. NO WAY I would let them finish it. Pay em what they want and never look back. AZZholes
Old 9/22/07 | 08:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi jonco, thanks for this info.

i been so unclear about this for a long time.

phil from trufiber told me its to have hood pins.

hmmm.....i wonder why it cant fit. i have seen hoods with the pins very wide on near the edges.

trust me, i would rather not drill holes but i guess im worried about this hood flying off the car while im driving! haha

thanks again jonco...
When are we gonna see the finished product?
Old 9/22/07 | 09:25 PM
GTR Member

When are we gonna see the finished product?
Wake me up when you do...I'm very sleepy
Old 9/23/07 | 05:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Sandyman
If you told them the hood had to be ready for the show and they said it would, and now this, I would grab that hood and head elsewhere. NO WAY I would let them finish it. Pay em what they want and never look back. AZZholes
I wouldn't pay them S***!
Old 9/23/07 | 06:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Yeah, I just saw that, but it is only one guy and one posting...unless I missed something!
I dont get it, he must have a connection with trufiber and got a couple some how
Old 9/23/07 | 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT

Probably Trufiber vendors are selling their products on ebay.....
Just like RK sports, Cervinis, Roush...etc....
Old 9/24/07 | 03:17 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Ok guys, here's the latest. Today Phil got a call from the paint shop that is doing my hood(why they called him and not me, I have no idea!), andthey told him that the hood was going to take another 3 to 4 days to finish!! I took it to them last week, with them telling me that it would be done by the end of this week for the show. I called yesterday, and was told it was in the paint booth drying and would not be done with the final color sanding of the clear coat until Saturday afternoon. I said I was leaving for Long Beach Saturday afternoon, and needed it in the morning. I was going to have to drive the car there hoodless, bolt it on and haul ***. I am so friggin ****ed right now I can't see straight. There has been much hype about this hood debuting at the show, and no I feel like a turd in the lawn! Phil is mad as hell too, because the shop is supposed to become a new distributor for him, and already they screwed him. I have another body shop I usually deal with, and we decided to let this new shop do it due to the fact that they are a custom Stang shop and do some awsome work. We asked them if they could have it done in time, and they said "definitely"! God****it, I'm ready to go postal on someone right now.

I was told that it should be ready by the end of next week. I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I will post pics the minute I get the friggin thing back from paint and bolt it on.

Scott
bummer, I was talking to the guys of Trufiber at the show and was told the entire story, let me just say this....typical of that shop. Like was discussed with Trufiber, get the hood and move on. They were talking to Ed at SW Customs (who did my car) to fix the situation and have it perfect for you for Stangs on the Bay. Also I dont know if you took a good look at some of that shops work while at the show, but if not then just talk to Trufiber, theyll know what Im talking about. Pick up the hood and get it done elsewhere. Sucks I was looking forward to seeing it.

BTW your car is awesome!
Old 9/24/07 | 04:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Talk to Phil today, beware of the ones on Ebay...if they dont have a real storefront, dont even think about it!
Also, we can use hood pins on this hood.

Scott was very particular where he wanted the pins according to Phil...you can have pins, just have the body shop make a tab to relocate the location...same as the Shelby GT.

Also, waiting for word back on taking deposits for our group buy. phil said the GT 500 hood will be available the very beginning of next year, he said he will not be making a lot of these at all, and they will be around 750-900 bucks a copy!!!
Old 9/24/07 | 05:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by davids2toys
Scott was very particular where he wanted the pins according to Phil...you can have pins, just have the body shop make a tab to relocate the location...same as the Shelby GT.

Also, waiting for word back on taking deposits for our group buy. phil said the GT 500 hood will be available the very beginning of next year, he said he will not be making a lot of these at all, and they will be around 750-900 bucks a copy!!!
Not sure I understood what you said/ment about the hood pins. Yeah, deff let us know about the deposit. Any word on how much we're looking at? Also whose taking the deposit money? Phil or the distributer?
Old 9/24/07 | 05:47 PM

Ok guys, sorry I couldn't post earlier, but out cable got knocked out in our hood. I am picking up the hood and running for the hills! I've got somebody else to do it right! I'm not paying them sh#t! It's still uncertain if pins will in fact work. The shop doing the paint now is going to take a look at it/them. I am only particular about where they go since I don't want them going through the scoops! I am going to see if twist lock type of pins(like the original) can be put on. I promise I will post pics of the hood as soon as I get it and can bolt it on the car!

Rrobello: Don't know if you realize or not, but I was the one sitting and talking with you during that long drawn out trophy ceremony at the show. I was with Phil and Brandon from Trufiber as well as Ed Gomez all day.

Scott
Old 9/24/07 | 09:09 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Ok guys, sorry I couldn't post earlier, but out cable got knocked out in our hood. I am picking up the hood and running for the hills! I've got somebody else to do it right! I'm not paying them sh#t! It's still uncertain if pins will in fact work. The shop doing the paint now is going to take a look at it/them. I am only particular about where they go since I don't want them going through the scoops! I am going to see if twist lock type of pins(like the original) can be put on. I promise I will post pics of the hood as soon as I get it and can bolt it on the car!

Rrobello: Don't know if you realize or not, but I was the one sitting and talking with you during that long drawn out trophy ceremony at the show. I was with Phil and Brandon from Trufiber as well as Ed Gomez all day.

Scott
oh thats ur car? holy crap man....lol! I was impressed by u just talking about it, haha. Ok so u know exactly whats going on then. Only reason I didnt put 2+2 together is because when I was talking to Phil about the problem u werent there.

btw, now I hate u, the hood style I want before mine is done and all that power....boooooooo lol jk man.
Old 9/24/07 | 09:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not sure I understood what you said/ment about the hood pins. Yeah, deff let us know about the deposit. Any word on how much we're looking at? Also whose taking the deposit money? Phil or the distributer?
The distributer will be taking the money for sure!
I guess if you put the pins in the rad support you would come up thru the incoming air path thru the hood, but if you were to put tabs on the radiater support(like the Shelby GT) with the pin at the end of the tab and go up there, you might be clear of the built in air box in the hood, therefore relocating the pin in the hood!
Old 9/24/07 | 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by davids2toys
The distributer will be taking the money for sure!
I guess if you put the pins in the rad support you would come up thru the incoming air path thru the hood, but if you were to put tabs on the radiater support(like the Shelby GT) with the pin at the end of the tab and go up there, you might be clear of the built in air box in the hood, therefore relocating the pin in the hood!

hi david,

i have seen other members here put pins far out near the edge of other hoods. this would clearly not affect the ram air portion.

anyone see those other hoods?

thanks!
Old 9/24/07 | 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

hood pins far out in edge...

here we go...

hood pins!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...wist+hood+pins
Old 9/25/07 | 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just talked with the distributer, he is going to count the GT 500 hoods, he assumed people would not want to wait, I told him they would have no choice because the hood will not be available to anybody on the planet till the beginning of the year.
So, to the Gt 500 guys, if you want to be part of this group buy, you need to understand a few things. the price is not fixed yet, it will be 750-900 dollars, plus shipping(110.00-160.00)...for being part of the group buy, you will be getting about 15% off the price of the hood. You also need to understand this hood will NOT be available till the beginning of 2008 and you will be giving a deposit on this hood now, along with all the people involved in this group buy. if you are good with this, PM me your contact info.
I hope all 3 of the guys who said they were in, stay in...that Gt 500 hood is great looking!!!!
If all 3 stay in, we only need 1 person!
Old 9/25/07 | 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think we have # 10 on board, I am now waiting for his confirmation and info! .
Of course, that is if the 3 guys that want the Gt 500 hood are still in!
So, Larmo, Twisted, and Oklacop...can you please chime in as of your intentions, ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN?
Please send me a PM with your contact info!
Thanks, Dave

PS: Lets get this thing DONE!

Quick Reply: Trufiber Gts2