05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trufiber Gts2

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/07 | 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
This hood (GTS-2) is very close if not a direct match for the DCF hood. Red hood DCF, blue hood TruFiber GTS-1

BB
Uh Oh, I think I found my hood...when will this be available? Is it part of the group buy?will the MRT hood struts be OK and workable with this hood?
how much prep before paint? How much?

My car got hit last weekend and will be most probably getting fixed around the week of the 10th or 17th. It would be nice to have the hood and do it at the same time!
Old 8/29/07 | 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm hoping it's priced the same as the GTS. I won't be able to get one for a few months. I don't think TruFiber will have a lot of these available initially, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm basing this on the release timelines of the original GTS hood. It was several months from when they showed us teaser photos of the original GTS hood to when people started posting recieving their hoods.

BB
Old 8/29/07 | 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
That was his PM to me when I asked questions about the back and "nostril" dimensions.

JONCO emailed TruFiber and Phil told him the hood will be available early Sep.

According to previous threads, you can use the hood struts on these hoods...
Old 8/29/07 | 09:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 5150PONY
JONCO emailed TruFiber and Phil told him the hood will be available early Sep.

According to previous threads, you can use the hood struts on these hoods...
He didn't say available but he said we could expect more pictures by the beggining of September. It look pretty good so far. I think the GTS-2 hood has the ram openings alittle bigger then the DCF(or picture is misleading). Either way looks like something I'll look into. I just wish the back of the hood was curved... Can't win em all I guess...

Cant wait to see more pictures
Old 8/30/07 | 06:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
He didn't say available but he said we could expect more pictures by the beggining of September. It look pretty good so far. I think the GTS-2 hood has the ram openings alittle bigger then the DCF(or picture is misleading). Either way looks like something I'll look into. I just wish the back of the hood was curved... Can't win em all I guess...

Cant wait to see more pictures
How do you know it is not curved?
Old 8/30/07 | 07:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

He said it was exactly the same hood as the GTS without the hard lines on the side. Leads me to believe the back stayed the same if its the same hood as the GTS hood.
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Gts2-gts-product-description.jpg  
Old 8/30/07 | 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by davids2toys
How do you know it is not curved?
Here is a photo of the rear edge of the TruFiber GTS hood. Notice the straight edge of the raised intake area. This and the statement from Phil that "The GTS-2 version is pretty much the same as the GTS but with a smoother line..." makes us believe that it will be straight. Notice that the red DCF hood was pretty much the same but not as noticeable when painted.

BB
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Gts2-gts_3-hood.jpg   Trufiber Gts2-dcf-008.jpg  
Old 8/30/07 | 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Now what I'm hoping is that with the smooth lines that the back of the hood wont look so outta place since it'll be a nicer transition. I guess only time will tell, and of course more pictures.
Old 8/30/07 | 10:21 AM
Big Falken Tires

WOW - I am suprised... I am not nuts about the other two hoods because of how sharp the lines are on them.... but this one..... dang that looks pretty sweet so far........

more pics - and would love to see it painted
Old 8/30/07 | 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

They look exactly like the 68 Shelby hood from the back. They had a flat black sticker on the back edge so it wouldn't glare back at the driver.
Old 8/30/07 | 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mustangjack
They look exactly like the 68 Shelby hood from the back. They had a flat black sticker on the back edge so it wouldn't glare back at the driver.
Granted but the 60's mustang hoods had a straight rear edge so it would only follow that the rear of the raised intake would be straight. Fast forward about 40 years and the back edge of the S197 hood has a long smooth curve to match the front windshield. There is no metal vented cowl between the hood and the windshield like the 60's models.

It all goes back to the hood that was originally getting everyone excited and that was the DCF500GT hood. When TruFiber first announced that they would be making a '68 Shelby style hood they posted photos of the actual red DCF hood. When I first saw those pictures I was under the impression that TruFiber had acquired the rights to the DCF hood. TruFiber did modify the trailing edge of the raised intake area and made it a straight edged cutoff. There was a post where they showed an original 68 Shelby hood that was cut off the same way. My only argument is that the S197 is in fact a stylized retro looking Mustang with a less angular look than the 60's models Ford was honoring. It would follow that any retro hoods should also follow with the same logic of being less angular and flow with the curves of the new model. My opinion is that DCF did just that with their hood but unfortunately by the time I ordered my '07, DCF was already out of business. I think that Shelby America also stylized their new KR hood to match the flowing lines of the S197 and will have a winner. Unfortunately they haven't offered to sell it seperately and it would require the GT500 front facia to look right.

I will be waiting to see what the future photos from TruFiber reveal about this GTS-2 hood. It's the closest DCF500GT look-a-like yet and may just work with a little additional after purchase glassing.

BB
Semper FI
Old 8/30/07 | 04:24 PM
GTR Member

I'm gonna buy the gts2 cuz I'm sick of waiting...I just hope I can brace it up in order to allow for hood shocks
Old 8/30/07 | 07:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
I will be waiting to see what the future photos from TruFiber reveal about this GTS-2 hood. It's the closest DCF500GT look-a-like yet and may just work with a little additional after purchase glassing.

BB
Semper FI
Thats what I was thinking. Untill this thread was posted I had my heart set on the CS6 hood from Shelby for its sleek look etc... But I also have plans for a whipple in the far future and was faced with having to have the bottom of the CS6 hood modified. ANYWAYS, Im dont think there should be a problem fitting a whipple under this hood seeing as its raised higher then a stock hood. I wouldn't mind looking into having things changed ontop to look perfect. But who knows. Maybe it isn't so bad once its painted.
Old 8/31/07 | 07:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Any pic of the DCF hood from the back and side so you can see the curved edge?
Old 8/31/07 | 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

just did a Google search on DCF mustang hood, I clicked on the image tab.
the pics i saw of the yellow with black stripes DCF car showed a straight line across the back, NO CURVE!
I'm confused.
Old 8/31/07 | 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

DCF Hood... you make the call on the back line.

-danny
Old 8/31/07 | 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

DCF Hood... you make the call on the back line.

-danny

Me liking it alot...dont look too bad after paint....
Old 8/31/07 | 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

GTS - a lot straighter than the DCF. Best rear edge is on the Cervini '68 but unfortunately I don't like the rest of that hood.
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Gts2-05-gts-web-ready-2.jpg  
Old 8/31/07 | 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Called phil at trufiber this morning, got some info.he refered me to a aest coast dealer, who i called and talked to about a group buy, he is going to talk to his boss and get back to me...it will be a special price plus whatever the shipping cost are to where it is going!
Just talked with the dealer again, it will be 525.00 plus shipping ( 110.00- 150.00), depending on where it is going.
There will only be 5 available, for now anyway, so these are the ones.
This GTS 2 hood, they made 7 , 1 is being tested for fitment, 1 is going on a sponsers car, which leaves 5 for sale.
So, what is the interest in this?
Old 8/31/07 | 02:03 PM

I'm IN!!!

Count me in for 1...

Bill

2006 GT Tungsten Grey

Quick Reply: Trufiber Gts2