05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/08, 01:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Best I could do in my garage at this time of night...I was too lazy to take off the shroud.

Drill out the lanyard ring holes so they will fit around the bolts I circled, then sandwich them in there. Route the cable on the inboard side of each radiator mount, then snake them behind the lower portion of the hood pin pole on each side. Finally, bring the cable out in the groove between the grille and the fascia as shown.
Attached Thumbnails New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins-dsc05486.jpg   New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins-dsc05488.jpg   New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins-dsc05489.jpg   New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins-dsc05490.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/21/08, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the pics. That's an interesting choice for the lanyard mounting I wouldn't have even thought there. Food for thought when I go to tweak it today.
Old 3/22/08, 12:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I got them sorted out finally today, what a PITA installation! I took a wack of pics and if I get the chance I'll do up an install/tips thread. I think not having the instructions was in some ways better as the documentation may have made the install seem more daunting. It's not hard, it's just tedious adjustments over and over again. But I got along better with the tips on here by you kind fellows. I think Shelby or Scott Drake should include the install documentation by default, I mean WTF? Also they reference a template forcutting the radiator cover, also would have been handy. My hack job is far from great but it'll do for now, I may order the precut one they reference depending on how much they gouge for them.

I ended up having to replace ALL my screws for the scuff plates today, I couldn't find the exact same screws at my home depot, they had the #6 1/2" pan head screws but only in a robertson head so I had to back out all the screws and replace them one at a time. In the end though the new screws I put in fit better than the others somehow. They were a smidge shorter which may have helped but the scuff plates are on there good and firm. I've put some pics below from my install, forgive the water drops and mess I didn't have time to take shots after I hosed it down and what not after the install today. I'll hopefully post some new ones in another thread Sunday.

This shows where I ended up mounting my lanyard connections, works pretty well here. I may move them later but for now this will work fine.

This shows the engine bay with the radiator cover back on.

A pic straight on

And showing more of the front

Last edited by Cowtown; 3/22/08 at 12:52 AM.
Old 3/22/08, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Cowtown,

Can yo do me a favour and take a measure of the space between the two Shelby scuff plate brackets on the hood. I am looking at getting a hood stripe painted, and need to know if the Shelby hoodpins are to close to the stripe.

I am looking at getting a single 22" wide stripe down the center of the hood.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 3/24/08, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Should be safe Sean, mine are just a hair under 26.75" apart from inside edge to inside edge. This will vary on your install but no more than a 1/4" if you have them adjusted all the way outward on both sides and the plates are all the way out but this would cause rubbing on the pins so not idea.

Anyways over 26"+ apart so you should be good.
Old 3/25/08, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by retfr8flyr
Hi Ron,
I just ordered a set of your locking pins today. I am replacing the Shelby GT set and wanted to know if you thought the fit would be ok using the Shelby bracket for the pins.

Earl
Hi Earl,

How did the install go? Did the pins work with the Shelby bracket?

Ron
Old 3/25/08, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by formula98
Hi Earl,

How did the install go? Did the pins work with the Shelby bracket?

Ron
Have to wait on the install. I have a Steeda race cowl hood I am putting the pins on and I am going to have to modify the underside to get clearance from my turbo pipe. The pins are here and they look great.

Earl
Old 3/26/08, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowtown
Should be safe Sean, mine are just a hair under 26.75" apart from inside edge to inside edge. This will vary on your install but no more than a 1/4" if you have them adjusted all the way outward on both sides and the plates are all the way out but this would cause rubbing on the pins so not idea.

Anyways over 26"+ apart so you should be good.

Thanks!