New **PICS** of my GT v.ScottDrakeHoodPins

Old 2/25/08, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looking good!!!
Old 2/25/08, 06:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got some hood pins installed myself today. I chose to go with the standard shelby pins. I love that last picture. CDC spoiler is my favorite.
Old 2/25/08, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

Love the hood pins and the rims! Looks B.A.
Old 2/25/08, 06:32 PM

Nice work! Worth the extra money, I think. (I have the same on my GT)
Old 2/25/08, 07:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
I got some hood pins installed myself today. I chose to go with the standard shelby pins. I love that last picture. CDC spoiler is my favorite.
I did the install partly myself, mostly a friend of mine did the work as he had already done one set on his Roush...pics of install to come later
Old 2/25/08, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
would I be able to install the hood pins out more? Like more so over the headlights?
Old 2/25/08, 08:25 PM
V6 Member

Hood pins look great. I like the cdc rear black out.
Old 2/25/08, 08:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
would I be able to install the hood pins out more? Like more so over the headlights?
The Scott Drake ones come with a bracket so you cannot really move them. At least that is how my kit is.
Old 2/25/08, 08:49 PM
Cobra Member

I have a question about the pins. It looks like they may rub up against the front lip of the hood. Does anyone ever have and scratches or scuffs there for the hood pin wire?
Old 2/25/08, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If there anything like mine. They have a nice plastic wrapping/coating around the wire. No way you can scratch the hood.
Old 2/25/08, 09:17 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
If there anything like mine. They have a nice plastic wrapping/coating around the wire. No way you can scratch the hood.
everyone that I've seen has a similar plastic wrap on them, so scratches shouldnt be a problem

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
looking good!!!
you took the exact words I was thinking
Old 2/25/08, 09:52 PM

JonCo is correct in both cases--the ScottDrake kit has brackets that predetermine where the pins go. You can flip them over to install them slightly more inward, but I'd prefer not to do that.
And the lanyards are covered in a protective vinyl/plastic so they don't scratch the hood.
Old 2/26/08, 12:08 AM

Radiator Support, black shroud/cover removed:

Vertical Pin Bracket (sandwiches between body and radiator support):

Bracket Mounted, Pin in-place:
Old 2/26/08, 07:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
Radiator Support, black shroud/cover removed:

Vertical Pin Bracket (sandwiches between body and radiator support):

Bracket Mounted, Pin in-place:
I have this set still sitting in the unopened package and am now not sure I was to install them for two reasons. One, I have seen on some Shelby GT's the black bracket was rusting. The pins and plates on the hood where fine but the bracket was rusting. Two, many people in the business down here say they aren't mounted in the best position due to they are to far up on the front of the hood not offering enough support. Most I have spoke to recommend using the FRPP style pins that mount in a similar location but a few inches back from where the holes of the Shelby's would be so you get better support based on where the the pins are actually holding the hood.

Thoughts?
Old 2/26/08, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by GPStang06
I have this set still sitting in the unopened package and am now not sure I was to install them for two reasons. One, I have seen on some Shelby GT's the black bracket was rusting. The pins and plates on the hood where fine but the bracket was rusting. Two, many people in the business down here say they aren't mounted in the best position due to they are to far up on the front of the hood not offering enough support. Most I have spoke to recommend using the FRPP style pins that mount in a similar location but a few inches back from where the holes of the Shelby's would be so you get better support based on where the the pins are actually holding the hood.

Thoughts?
1. I've only had the pins in for a couple days now, no rust present at time of install. I'm not likely to see that issue either, as I live in Arizona--not much rain, and very low humidity.

2. Never looked at the FRPP pins but these are definitely effective above 100mph. The hood is not going anywhere. Also, the piece that mounts to the top of the hood won't warp like the flat metal pieces I've seen on most other kits. In addition, these use a delrin bushing to secure the pins and keep them from vibrating free during travel.
Old 2/26/08, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
1. I've only had the pins in for a couple days now, no rust present at time of install. I'm not likely to see that issue either, as I live in Arizona--not much rain, and very low humidity.

2. Never looked at the FRPP pins but these are definitely effective above 100mph. The hood is not going anywhere. Also, the piece that mounts to the top of the hood won't warp like the flat metal pieces I've seen on most other kits. In addition, these use a delrin bushing to secure the pins and keep them from vibrating free during travel.
Ditto to all that and just adding I've had a set in place for months (in Massachusetts, plenty of rain, snow, etc). Zero signs of rust and no other problems.
Old 2/26/08, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if instead of the bracket I could put the bolts where the hoodstops are. I like that placement better
Old 2/26/08, 09:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
I'll see about getting pictures of mine up. I have the TruFiber GTS2 hood which has the ram air openings up from. So I had to move my pins way out from the normal install. So no premade bracket worked.

Mine are located exactly where the from rubber hood stops are. My bodyshop had to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out to then drill the hole to place the pin.

I'm pleased with how they look. Never been a fan of hood pins. But better safe then sorry. Put alot of money into this hood and I dont want to have it go flying off.
Old 2/27/08, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

How nice are the scuff plates? Check out www.hoodpins.net he's got some REALLY NICE plates. Pricey, but stylish at least. My basic plates look like crap these days.