05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT-H made out of a GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/08, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iwant those

hey man i want my car to have those same stripes but i want the mettalic silver so i was wondering what type of stripes those are and what size they are because i want it exactly like yours bumper to bumper it looks really good
Old 2/5/08, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Reediculous
hey man i want my car to have those same stripes but i want the mettalic silver so i was wondering what type of stripes those are and what size they are because i want it exactly like yours bumper to bumper it looks really good
The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors, including silver. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain. If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

Hope this helps!

Hawk
Old 2/5/08, 08:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Any new pics?? Looking Great!!
Old 2/6/08, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweeeeeeet looking ride. I too like the GT-H and tried to rent one but could never get one so I bought a '07 GT/CS.

Looks really nice...great job with the stripes
Old 2/7/08, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by slowjoe24
Any new pics?? Looking Great!!
Sorry, no new pics yet. With the Pennsylvania winter, the car isn't getting washed as often as I would like it, and it certainly isn't getting detailed the way it should be! (Although my wife thinks I'm nuts when I wash it in 40 Degree weather)

I am still having a blast driving it, but I avoid the salt and sloppy days. So much for it being a 100% daily driver! My old Suburban still gets the nod when the roads are nasty...

I do plan to install a cold air intake and reprogram the computer very shortly, although that won't change the appearance.

One appearance mod I am considering is changing my exhaust tips to larger ones that fill the openings in the bumper better. I am worried about changing the mufflers, because I do not want to make the car louder at highway speeds. (If I want LOUD, I've got my Roadrunner.) Does anyone know if just exhaust tips are available?

Thanks,

Hawk
Old 2/8/08, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Hawk
Sorry, no new pics yet. With the Pennsylvania winter, the car isn't getting washed as often as I would like it, and it certainly isn't getting detailed the way it should be! (Although my wife thinks I'm nuts when I wash it in 40 Degree weather)

I am still having a blast driving it, but I avoid the salt and sloppy days. So much for it being a 100% daily driver! My old Suburban still gets the nod when the roads are nasty...

I do plan to install a cold air intake and reprogram the computer very shortly, although that won't change the appearance.

One appearance mod I am considering is changing my exhaust tips to larger ones that fill the openings in the bumper better. I am worried about changing the mufflers, because I do not want to make the car louder at highway speeds. (If I want LOUD, I've got my Roadrunner.) Does anyone know if just exhaust tips are available?

Thanks,

Hawk
I have not seen just tips but I am sure they are out there. I love the Ford racing exhaust on my Shelby though. I didn't want a loud car unless I was stomping on it. That is exactly what I got too. It is quite with just a slight burble (Is that really a word?) and gets deeper the more gas you give it but still quite a bit softer than some of the other aftermarket ones. That and the tips fill out the bumper VERY nice.

There are pics of my car in the Shelby GT section if you want to see what they look like. Good luck and I love what you did with the car!

Old 2/8/08, 11:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,

Hawk
Hey Hawk, its Jeff. How have ya been? You can get a set of Ford Chrome Tips. That would help a little. The just bolt on. In regards to the car being louder at highway speeds with new mufflers, here is what I can tell you. Before I added my headers, the car at highway speeds wasn't bad at all. In 5th gear, it was downright quite with only the Borla Stingers. If you ever want to, just give me a call. I can take you out in my car on the highway, and you can see how it sounds. Even with my headers, the car in 5th at highway cruising speeds isn't bad at all. I can easily hold a conversation in it, without having to raise my voice.
Old 2/11/08, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Hawk, its Jeff. How have ya been? You can get a set of Ford Chrome Tips. That would help a little. The just bolt on. In regards to the car being louder at highway speeds with new mufflers, here is what I can tell you. Before I added my headers, the car at highway speeds wasn't bad at all. In 5th gear, it was downright quite with only the Borla Stingers. If you ever want to, just give me a call. I can take you out in my car on the highway, and you can see how it sounds. Even with my headers, the car in 5th at highway cruising speeds isn't bad at all. I can easily hold a conversation in it, without having to raise my voice.
Jeff,

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I guess the best thing is to listen to a few cars before I make any move on mufflers. I am guessing that it will be spring or summer before I go shopping for mufflers, and I'm sure we'll touch base before then - perhaps at a car show!?

1st order of business is to purchase the CAI and tune. I guess I need to finalize which "package" I should get. I definitely want to get the CAI and tune together, so they are made to work with one another. I also want a tune for both 87 and 93 octane, so I can do both. I don't really plan anything wild for now (maybe in a few years).
Old 2/11/08, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MilStang
I have not seen just tips but I am sure they are out there. I love the Ford racing exhaust on my Shelby though. I didn't want a loud car unless I was stomping on it. That is exactly what I got too. It is quite with just a slight burble (Is that really a word?) and gets deeper the more gas you give it but still quite a bit softer than some of the other aftermarket ones. That and the tips fill out the bumper VERY nice.

There are pics of my car in the Shelby GT section if you want to see what they look like. Good luck and I love what you did with the car!

Brian,

First of all, your car is SWEET! It must be a blast to drive!

Thanks for the details regarding the Ford Racing Exhaust. I will be sure to add those to my list of mufflers to check out when the time comes late spring or summer.

What I want to avoid are mufflers like my Roadrunner has. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the sound. The car sounds wicked, but not too loud. BUT, when you put your foot in it the car rattles the windows of the whole neighborhood. It is great fun, but if I started the car regularly at 5 AM my neighbors would chase me out of the neighborhood! Furthermore, the Roadrunner gets very tiring on a long drive. The exhaust drone makes it hard to have a conversation.

We'll have to keep the Mustang more timid...

Regards,

Hawk
Old 10/23/23, 01:12 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,736 Likes on 2,026 Posts
The Guests Like This thread So Be Free Fly Legacy Thread!

A Center Fog Grille on the Op's Car and That Would be The Look For me if I Had Kept My Black 05!

KC
Old 10/24/23, 12:54 PM
GT Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I am really excited. My long wait for my Mustang is finally over, and I picked it up July 12.
I love the Hertz Shelby GT-H cars, so I made my own. I ordered a black GT/CS, manual, parchment and black interior, 3.55 rear, and all options except navigation, shaker 1000 and satellite. As soon as I got it I pulled the black GT/CS stripe off the car, and put on gold decals. I didn't want to pass mine off as a GT-H, so it still proudly wears "GT/CS" on the gold side stripe. I striped the hood scoop, since 1966 GT-H cars had that. I tried to make it as close to a 2006 GT-H as possible. I'm having an absoulte BLAST driving it, and I think it looks better in real life than pictures!

Thanks also to this forum for helping me with many decisions about my Mustang. In that light, I'll post my pictures here for anyone considering the same thing as I did, so you can decide if you like it or not...
That is a sharp looking car