05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT-H made out of a GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/07, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-H made out of a GT/CS

I am really excited. My long wait for my Mustang is finally over, and I picked it up July 12.
I love the Hertz Shelby GT-H cars, so I made my own. I ordered a black GT/CS, manual, parchment and black interior, 3.55 rear, and all options except navigation, shaker 1000 and satellite. As soon as I got it I pulled the black GT/CS stripe off the car, and put on gold decals. I didn't want to pass mine off as a GT-H, so it still proudly wears "GT/CS" on the gold side stripe. I striped the hood scoop, since 1966 GT-H cars had that. I tried to make it as close to a 2006 GT-H as possible. I'm having an absoulte BLAST driving it, and I think it looks better in real life than pictures!

Thanks also to this forum for helping me with many decisions about my Mustang. In that light, I'll post my pictures here for anyone considering the same thing as I did, so you can decide if you like it or not...
Attached Thumbnails GT-H made out of a GT/CS-gtcs_back_3qtr.jpg   GT-H made out of a GT/CS-gtcs_front.jpg   GT-H made out of a GT/CS-gtcs_front_3qtr.jpg   GT-H made out of a GT/CS-gtcs_side.jpg   GT-H made out of a GT/CS-gtcs_top.jpg  

Old 8/1/07, 10:07 AM
Cobra Member

That is a really great color combo. I really like the GT/CS rocker stripe.
Old 8/1/07, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Very cool! I like it a lot. Good color combination.
Old 8/1/07, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great. Now drop it about an inch and it'll be perfect!

-danny
Old 8/1/07, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hawk, the car looks KILLER!!!! Can't wait for you to bring it by the dealership so I can take a few pics of it! Glad your having fun with it, and was a pleasure ordering it for ya.
Old 8/1/07, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very well done...I like!
Old 8/1/07, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

That looks great, now you need some 4" double walled GTA tips on the rear.
Old 8/1/07, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Looks very sweet. the overhead shot is one of the best, being able to see the flow of the stripes over the entire car, plus your parchment interior.

9 1/2" stripes? Did you buy a roll of the tape or a kit? Either way, can you advise where you got it.

Is that the standard hood scoop or the shelby scoop?
Old 8/1/07, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together. ConGrats!
Old 8/1/07, 11:55 AM
CAL
GT Member

Man, I'm not usually a fan of clones, but I love what you did. Preserving the CS/GT via rocker stripes. I'm jealous.......love the look.
Old 8/1/07, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Darn that looks hot I would like to do the same but with a dark grey strips, love the look.
Attached Thumbnails GT-H made out of a GT/CS-haloween06_mustangcruise-014222.jpg  
Old 8/1/07, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Holy Moly! This is hot!

Oh Wow!! I'm more of a big fan of the white GT/CS Stangs. But Holy Moly, this new Pony is so very hot looking!! Congrats Hawk! I don't think of it as clone at all. More like a totally one off black and gold creation done by the owner!! Love the gold GT/CS side stripe. You killed it. Total home run in the looks department!! Too Sweet. Don't hurt yourself smiling too much. Hope there are no wrecks as folks are watching you cruise by.. "RC"
Old 8/1/07, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Great job when I got my car I really wanted one of the Shelby GTs I just could not see the money. I was going to do something like that & put Ford Racing on the side but I like what you did a lot better than my idea.
Old 8/1/07, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by colbymh
Looks very sweet. the overhead shot is one of the best, being able to see the flow of the stripes over the entire car, plus your parchment interior.

9 1/2" stripes? Did you buy a roll of the tape or a kit? Either way, can you advise where you got it.

Is that the standard hood scoop or the shelby scoop?
Colby,

The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain. If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

The hood scoop is the standard scoop.

Hope this helps!

Hawk
Old 8/1/07, 07:15 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome looking car Hawk! very tastefully done!
Old 8/1/07, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

really nice job.
Old 8/1/07, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hot looking car!
Old 8/1/07, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Clean car. That is how I want my car to look like.

Will you be getting the grille too?

You did a great job!
Old 8/1/07, 09:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
As mentioned ...a nice drop would really set it off.The car looks great! Your disiplined manor of keeping the GT/CS logo on the car is first class.
Old 8/1/07, 11:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hawk
Colby,

The stripes came from Baltimore Street Mods (http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...ndex&cPath=6_2) and are their 10" stripes. They come in tons of colors. Note: THE STRIPES ARE NOT EASY TO INSTALL. Hood and roof aren't too bad, but the bumpers and hood scoop are a pain. If you don't have experience with this, I'd recommend professional installation. You have to be able to stretch or shrink the stripes in various places. I've installed stripes several times before on other cars, and these were by far the most challenging. Rocker stripes are easy, so you may want to cut your teeth on those first and see how you do. (On the other hand, for $140, it ain't gonna kill you if you mess one up - just email Rob and he'll cut you the piece you need at a reasonable price.)

The hood scoop is the standard scoop.

Hope this helps!

Hawk
Thanks for the info bud...Actually I dont have any experience with adding stripes..But the good news is, is that I negotiated the stripes and other things into the price of my car before it leaves the dealership, so its something they have to do.

I have called around to a few mod shops and none have been that cheap. I think the cheapest I have heard is about $500 for 9 1/2", which is the same as the GT500.

Guess I will call my dealer tomorrow and let them know about your place..

Thanks again...

Quick Reply: GT-H made out of a GT/CS