05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

GT-H made out of a GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/07, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pitpup
Wow. Nobody mentioned the seats! Classic Soft Trim?
Stan,

As Jeff (my salesman - great guy, straight shooter with great knowledge and advice - I recommend him!), mentioned in the previous post, the seats (and entire interior) are stock. The GT/CS models come with Charcoal and Dove (grey) or Charcoal and Parchment (tan) interiors. I ordered my car with a Charcoal and Parchment so it would compliment the gold stripes.

At least for now, I plan on leaving the interior stock - it's great just the way it is. It's time now to concentrate on the performance mods - nothing crazy, probably just similar to the GT-H mods, since this car is my daily driver...
Old 8/6/07, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hawk
Stan,

As Jeff (my salesman - great guy, straight shooter with great knowledge and advice - I recommend him!), mentioned in the previous post, the seats (and entire interior) are stock. The GT/CS models come with Charcoal and Dove (grey) or Charcoal and Parchment (tan) interiors. I ordered my car with a Charcoal and Parchment so it would compliment the gold stripes.

At least for now, I plan on leaving the interior stock - it's great just the way it is. It's time now to concentrate on the performance mods - nothing crazy, probably just similar to the GT-H mods, since this car is my daily driver...
I agree the stock interior of the GT/CS is great the way it is.....and yes, Jeff is a great guy to buy from. I should know.

You did a great and very tasteful job with that car bro. I never really wanted to mess with the stripes on mine, but you got me thinking about silver stripes on my VB GT/CS now
Old 8/9/07, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wicked!!!
Old 8/15/07, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I will clone your clone

Great Job! Someone finally got up the courage to change perfection. I have an identical GT/CS and have been debating gold or silver stripes. As great as yours looks, definately the gold will be my choice. Like you I admird the Hertz Car and the Shelby. Never wanted to make a clone but I think I will be brave like you. I will also add the hood pins to mine and may place the stripe in the original GT/CS position. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
AB05GT (8/1/21)
Old 8/15/07, 09:51 PM
Cobra Member

Where do you order the hood pins? Straight from Ford?
Old 8/17/07, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by theredliner
... I will also add the hood pins to mine and may place the stripe in the original GT/CS position. Thanks!
Tim,

Glad pictures of my car is helping other people decide what they like for theirs. I can tell you all the pictures on this forum really helped me make up my mind about what I liked. I respect all the cars and what people have done. Life would be kinda boring if we all liked the same stuff!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your car when it's done! I thought about putting a gold stripe in the priginal GT/CS location, but decided against it when I couldn't get one that would fade.

Maybe you'll make me regret putting mine on the rockers! Good luck with your project
Old 8/18/07, 09:58 PM
V6 Member

I don't usually like clones either (esp when you can get the real deal), but you've changed my mind. The scoop hood is technically more correct than the CS6 hood that Shelby uses! Your car is probably one of one with the GT/CS rocker (instead of copying the Shelby logo) - nice job.

ANy thoughts about wheels / rims or are you keeping it stock? When mine comes in, I am thinking of the CS69 - looks similar to the Magnum 500 from the 60s. Keep the pictures coming!
Old 8/20/07, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Benzito
I don't usually like clones either (esp when you can get the real deal), but you've changed my mind. The scoop hood is technically more correct than the CS6 hood that Shelby uses! Your car is probably one of one with the GT/CS rocker (instead of copying the Shelby logo) - nice job.

ANy thoughts about wheels / rims or are you keeping it stock? When mine comes in, I am thinking of the CS69 - looks similar to the Magnum 500 from the 60s. Keep the pictures coming!
Honestly, when I first ordered my car I wasn't real thrilled with the rims. I thought they were OK, but nothing special. The stock rims have grown on me since, and at least for now, I don't plan on changing them. If money were no object, I would change to the GT-40 style rims. I really like the way they look.
Old 8/21/07, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

No, I plan on leaving the grille stock, although I like the idea of the V6 lights with projector beams! I think the V6 fog lights look really cool.

Here is my GT/CS with the grille

It's not easy to modify the stock GT grille but the end results speak for themselves.

Great job on your custom.
Attached Thumbnails GT-H made out of a GT/CS-dsc0017a.jpg  
Old 8/21/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nickpurcell
Did you just remove your grille and bolt on the shelby one??

How did you secure the pony badge? That's where I ran into a heap of trouble, but got it done thanks to Ray Man from the boards.
Old 8/21/07, 01:47 PM
FR500 Member

i suggest u get a tri-bar pony badge to fill the gap in the fender
Old 8/21/07, 06:19 PM

Question

Originally Posted by RaGsHoCkEy88
i suggest u get a tri-bar pony badge to fill the gap in the fender
Yeah, I've been considering adding the pony emblem. I'm not familiar with how the emblem attaches - does it use double sided tape or does the car need to have holes drilled into it for pins? I'm not sure I want to drill the fenders! (Now for hood pins, that's another matter! )
Old 8/21/07, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I've been considering adding the pony emblem. I'm not familiar with how the emblem attaches - does it use double sided tape or does the car need to have holes drilled into it for pins? I'm not sure I want to drill the fenders! (Now for hood pins, that's another matter! )
Hey bud, its Jeff, you can just take off the GT emblem with dental floss, and there are 2 guide pins and 2 holes in the fender. The pony tribar emblems would mount in the same holes with their own guide pins. A simple switch. If you want a set, let me know.
Old 8/22/07, 02:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
Where do you order the hood pins? Straight from Ford?

Shelby has hood pins that they sell aftermarket - same as on the GT and GT-H. Sparco makes a set for about $36. I was at the local Ford dealer today and the parts guy told me that they also have a factory set.

colbymh - if you are in the Portland area, you can call Landmark in Tigard and see if they have any in stock.
Old 8/22/07, 05:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hawk,

Car looks great! I like how you kept the car clean, and didn't try to put too much on it. Congrats on a great looking car.
Old 8/22/07, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Benzito
Shelby has hood pins that they sell aftermarket - same as on the GT and GT-H. Sparco makes a set for about $36. I was at the local Ford dealer today and the parts guy told me that they also have a factory set.

colbymh - if you are in the Portland area, you can call Landmark in Tigard and see if they have any in stock.
Ahhh, another Oregon person. I am actually in Salem, but buying mine from **** Hannah...How bout you?
Old 8/23/07, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, its Jeff, you can just take off the GT emblem with dental floss, and there are 2 guide pins and 2 holes in the fender. The pony tribar emblems would mount in the same holes with their own guide pins. A simple switch. If you want a set, let me know.
Jeff,

Thanks for answering my question. So the answer is that you DO have to drill holes to add an emblem to the side of a GT/CS car. (Remember - you sold me a GT/CS, not a GT!!!
Since I would have to drill, I'll keep the side without any additional emblem...
Old 8/23/07, 10:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
Ahhh, another Oregon person. I am actually in Salem, but buying mine from **** Hannah...How bout you?
How to put it politely . . . I don't deal with **** Hannah dealerships any more. Too many bad experiences, which is too bad, because they cover just about every make and model in the Portland area.

It will be nice to see another SE Mustang on the roads around here! I think I've seen a GT 500, only one CS, and one Hertz other than my own in the past few months (no Shelby GTs).
Old 8/23/07, 10:55 AM
Cobra Member

Care to share your experience with them, either here or pm?? I went to the new Ford dealership off broadway. Ive had a few problems, but honestly it hasnt been there fault, its been Ford in general when they decided to stop building 07 GT/CS's.

I dont see any GT/CS's around, which is odd since they sell so fast if they hit a dealer. There isnt to many dealers that had 07's.

I do see alot of pony's and a few GT's.
Old 8/23/07, 12:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for answering my question. So the answer is that you DO have to drill holes to add an emblem to the side of a GT/CS car. (Remember - you sold me a GT/CS, not a GT!!!
Since I would have to drill, I'll keep the side without any additional emblem...
My bad buddy. Still recouping from my hospital stay. What you can do though, is just take the pony emblems, get a dremel, and grind off the 3 mounting posts. I did this for a friend on his 2005 V6. I just took measurements off a Pony Package V6, and applied them. The 2 sided tape has held perfectly on his car.

Quick Reply: GT-H made out of a GT/CS