05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/06, 03:17 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcranford @ February 4, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
New idea I had for my car....

I brought the lights closer together and put in a 1967 GT350 Grille Emblem

Also I did notice that according to pics, the 67GT350-500 did have small fogs under the regular headlights.

[attachmentid=44476]
[/b][/quote]

I believe those small lights in the bumper on the '67 Shelbys are blinkers, not fogs. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense to me. And it's your car, so do what you want... but I would just put on the running pony tribar emblem instead of the GT350 emblem. That GT350 emblem actually says "Shelby" on it and your car is obviously not a Shelby.
Old 2/4/06, 07:37 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcranford @ February 3, 2006, 10:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
BTW, there is no chin spoiler on this car, the black underneath is a shadow.....guess I should have chopped that out too. ;-)
[/b][/quote]
I just went back and looked at your pic and there is a chin spoiler on the car. It's body color. It's not the Mach 1 style spoiler I assume you're thinking about. It's more of a 90's ricey spoiler. Reminds me of that cheesy Stalker body kit that's available for the 99-04's.
Old 2/4/06, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 4, 2006, 4:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I believe those small lights in the bumper on the '67 Shelbys are blinkers, not fogs. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense to me. And it's your car, so do what you want... but I would just put on the running pony tribar emblem instead of the GT350 emblem. That GT350 emblem actually says "Shelby" on it and your car is obviously not a Shelby.
[/b][/quote]

acadian

I understand the whole" its not a shelby thing. But there are LOTs, and I mean TONS of GT350 clones from the 60s at car shows and stuff all the time, and since my car is going to be a 1967 GT350 tribute much like yours I beleive....and ford is only making the GT500, I figure there is a place for a GT350 Clone Tribute Car. I think if ford was going to make a GT350, I would rethink my idea, but since they arent, why not make it look even more retro than the actual GT500 and REALLY pay tribute to the cars that we all know and love.

I mean does anyone really care if when your at a car show whether its a GT350 clone or an actual GT350, I mean it affects the selling price, but unless you actually look at the VIN# you can tell no difference on most of the clones.

Anyway, its just my thoughts on the matter.

2 cents in.....take however much you'd like ;-)

Also the chin spoiler I do finally see it, and I will NOT be getting this monstrosity, It will be only the Front Fascia. I wonder if the spacing between the lights is the same as the 50resto one. I know the SS is 2" 3/4 or something like that and the 50restore is like 3" 3/4 or something. If I can get the 3dcarbon one faster and its the same spacing I might just go that route. But id have to see it first as I think 50resto did a great job on the looks of this grill.
Old 2/5/06, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

BUMP
Old 2/5/06, 10:02 PM

I can't wait to see it when you get them both installed together. I've been wanting a Roush front fascia ever since AFBlue did that photochop I posted, (I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!) but I can't get the grille I want. After looking at other photochops, I might be starting to like that fascia with the center fogs. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Good choice on the spoiler, BTW. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 08:59 AM
FR500 Member

Even Jason is getting "center-fog light fever". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] I knew you'd come around to the other side.

And Donnie, I agree with what you are saying about since there wasn't a GT350 this year (and may not ever be one either) then having a GT350 tribute is "acceptable" to even some of the worst critics out there. That's the reason I went with GT350 intead of GT500. There is a TMS member (traffic142) who put the official '67 Shelby GT350 badging on his car, and I do think it looks sweet. I just chose to go with the '65 Shelby badging myself. But whatever you do, it's going to look great. I am a lot more strict on myself than I am with everyone else.
Old 2/6/06, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Any more word from 3D carbon on their center fog grille or dimensions?
Old 2/8/06, 07:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ February 6, 2006, 10:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Even Jason is getting "center-fog light fever". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] I knew you'd come around to the other side.

And Donnie, I agree with what you are saying about since there wasn't a GT350 this year (and may not ever be one either) then having a GT350 tribute is "acceptable" to even some of the worst critics out there. That's the reason I went with GT350 intead of GT500. There is a TMS member (traffic142) who put the official '67 Shelby GT350 badging on his car, and I do think it looks sweet. I just chose to go with the '65 Shelby badging myself. But whatever you do, it's going to look great. I am a lot more strict on myself than I am with everyone else.
[/b][/quote]
I guess I'll have to since it looks like no one is going to make the "plain" grille.

The center fog grille has two out the three things I look for when deciding on a mod.
1. It's "different" w/o being gawdy.
2. It's a GREAT price. (shame on you guys at SSE [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img])
3. Of course the third one is simply I have to like it... a lot. And some mods take longer to get used to the "new" look than others.
Old 2/10/06, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I just hope that these lights line up well with my lemans stripes!

Any word on a production date yet?
Old 2/10/06, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did some research in regards to my state laws with lighting, and these in Pennsylvania in the broad terms of the laws on the books, technically, illegal!! In PA, driving lights/fog lights can be no less than 20 inches from center to center. By the looks of these, they will be closer together than 20 inches. Oh well, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I'm not passing these up, and I'll live with them.
Old 2/10/06, 10:56 AM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ February 10, 2006, 8:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just hope that these lights line up well with my lemans stripes!
[/b][/quote]

I was worried about the same thing... but it's going to look good no matter what. Traditionally the center-fogs on the older Shelby's were not "centered" on the stripes. The center-fog grille that I ordered (from Street Scene) has the fogs placed almost exactly like the '67 pictured below, so the lights will be on the inside of the stripes... more historically correct. As for the other grille, the lights are a little further apart, so depending on what size stripes you have, they may be right in the middle. Either way though, it's going to look fine. They don't necessarily need to line up with the stripes.

Old 2/10/06, 11:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 10, 2006, 9:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did some research in regards to my state laws with lighting, and these in Pennsylvania in the broad terms of the laws on the books, technically, illegal!! In PA, driving lights/fog lights can be no less than 20 inches from center to center. By the looks of these, they will be closer together than 20 inches. Oh well, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I'm not passing these up, and I'll live with them.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah. I've heard they're VERY strict in PA when it comes to cars. A little overboard at times.
Old 2/10/06, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Acadian - Thanks for that pic.. I see what you mean.

I have the 10" stripes with about a 1.5" gap so - it looks like about a 11.5" center-to-center measurement on the stripes.

So... If the SSE grill is 10" center to center and this grill we've ordered is further apart - we stand a pretty good chance of it being "close" to lined up..

State laws - you guys got me wondering so I went and checked the DMV website for MN and I'm good to go. Their only issue with auxilliary lighting is the number (two max) and the height above the road - 12" minimum and 24" maximum unless you've got a snow-plow on the front..

Snow plow? Hmmm.. CDC Agressive Chin Spoiler? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 03:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(runfox @ February 3, 2006, 1:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

So my question is why do some of the 67 Shelby's have the fog lights in the middle while others are out to the sides? Was there an option as to where you wanted them or what? And yeah I agree with you all the fogs will look good in the middle, but then I like mine where they are also, so I guess its just another matter of choice. Decisions, decisions.
[/b][/quote]

The 67 center lights wern't fog lights, they were driving lights.... laws mandated "driving lights" should be x inches apart, so only the "early" 67 Shelbys had the inboard lights.
Old 2/11/06, 07:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangNut @ February 10, 2006, 1:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah. I've heard they're VERY strict in PA when it comes to cars. A little overboard at times.
[/b][/quote]

Jason, yes they are. The service manager at my dealership I work at, his B-I-L, is a commander at the local State Barricks, so I can ask him, it they will just pull me over, it I have these on at night. If they are THAT strict, I'll just put the grill on for car shows I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] . This look will be WAY TOO GOOD to pass up, now that my car has its stripes applied. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

It is kind of ironic that PA is that strict about their cars yet has some of the crappiest roads in America.
Old 2/12/06, 06:37 AM
GT Member

For those of you that ordered this, has anyone received theres yet?
Old 2/12/06, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mista_03BlackV6 @ February 12, 2006, 7:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For those of you that ordered this, has anyone received theres yet?
[/b][/quote]

According to the web site, and several posts in this thread, it is going to be mid April before they start shipping.
Old 2/12/06, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

what about the 3D carbon one....when is that supposed to be out?
Old 2/12/06, 03:36 PM

About the same time.