Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Will the Shelby be available to the Public?

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Wakerider he isnt telling you anything you shouldnt know already. lets think for a second here. You came here asking for us to tell you that life is going to be ok and we will garuntee you that there will be a Shelby next year for you and not over MSRP. Then you tell us you are first on a list from a dealer who you gave no money to and dont have it in writing. Now who is the idiot??! Not name calling just making you look in the mirror. Im guessing that the experience level you are at in the car buying business is on the low scale? Go and get a quote on the insurance after the dealer gets done putting you on the no money down, no contract at MSRP imaginery list. When you get done having the defibulator applied to your chest come back and see us. We have a bridge, some real estate on Mars, and peace in the middle east to sell you. GL.....
Old 4/11/05, 02:48 PM
Banned

Sorry hayburner... I call it how I see it see it.
Old 4/11/05, 02:48 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I've made some excellent deals with all my Mustangs. Part is due to good negotiations and patience, the other part was dealer ignorance. That is no longer the case. As we have progressed our knowledge through forums such as TMS so have the dealers. The prove is how they are all singing in unison. We are in for some tough negotiating.
Old 4/11/05, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Webba@April 11, 2005, 2:50 PM
Yes Wakerider he isnt telling you anything you shouldnt know already. lets think for a second here. You came here asking for us to tell you that life is going to be ok and we will garuntee you that there will be a Shelby next year for you and not over MSRP. Then you tell us you are first on a list from a dealer who you gave no money to and dont have it in writing. Now who is the idiot??! Not name calling just making you look in the mirror. Im guessing that the experience level you are at in the car buying business is on the low scale? Go and get a quote on the insurance after the dealer gets done putting you on the no money down, no contract at MSRP imaginery list. When you get done having the defibulator applied to your chest come back and see us. We have a bridge, some real estate on Mars, and peace in the middle east to sell you. GL.....

Wow...

Guess your are a fortune teller... Can you read palms? Sure do know a lot about me.. Stalker? lol

anyways... I estimate insurance is going to be somewhere around 2,400 every 6 months (400 per month) for me. Also I will be paying for the car CASH. No loans for me!

Guess your need some more practice with your mind reading skills!
Old 4/11/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mind reading skills? I never said I read your mind I said I read your posts and stated facts. You make no sense.
Old 4/11/05, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wakerider017+April 11, 2005, 3:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wakerider017 @ April 11, 2005, 3:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Webba@April 11, 2005, 2:50 PM

Wow...

Guess your are a fortune teller... Can you read palms? Sure do know a lot about me.. Stalker? lol

anyways... I estimate insurance is going to be somewhere around 2,400 every 6 months (400 per month) for me. Also I will be paying for the car CASH. No loans for me!

Guess your need some more practice with your mind reading skills!
[/b][/quote]
$400 dollars a month for insurance? Are you 12 years old with a tattered driving record? That is way too much. An '03 Cobra for me was $600/year.
Old 4/11/05, 04:11 PM
V6 Member

Judging from the maturity level of his posts, yes he is 12 and it will cost 4800 a year to insure him through his Dad's company who will be paying for the car.

Sorry Wakerider, just calling it like I see it.
Old 4/11/05, 07:00 PM
Banned

Ok I guess its beat up on wakerider week...

I am 18 and I have been saving for a car for 4 yrs. (from various jobs) I have saved up 35K so far and I want to buy a Shelby GT 500.
---
600 a year... Man thats cheap. Do you have basic (no collision and all the goodies). What company do you use?

I priced out a quote on Geico and it was about $325 for a GT. I just figured it would be more. (I did use the word "estimate").
---
I have had no tickets, accidents, etc... Have good grades too. If anyone has any advice on getting cheaper insurance please let me know!
---

By the way, I apoligize if I was short with anyone or offended them.
Old 4/11/05, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

I wish I had saved up that much at 18. You sure you don't want to spend that on college? Then you can get a GT 500 without having to worry about being on a list. Better yet save it for grad school if college is already covered.

I would think that you could get a cheaper rate in FL than what you are coming up with. 500hp + 18= tough luck for insurance though. You could decrease rates by being a secondary or tertiary driver on the car.

35,000 to 40,000 is a lot of money for a car at your age. Seriously consider doing something else with your money that could pay dividends down the road. It is hard to build up and egg like that. Plus, paying cash up front is not always the best way to go especially if interest on the car loan is 4.0% for a shorter term with a high down payment and you can make 10% on the S&P 500.

Just think about it.
Old 4/11/05, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SigMachi@April 11, 2005, 7:16 PM
I wish I had saved up that much at 18. You sure you don't want to spend that on college? Then you can get a GT 500 without having to worry about being on a list. Better yet save it for grad school if college is already covered.

I would think that you could get a cheaper rate in FL than what you are coming up with. 500hp + 18= tough luck for insurance though. You could decrease rates by being a secondary or tertiary driver on the car.

35,000 to 40,000 is a lot of money for a car at your age. Seriously consider doing something else with your money that could pay dividends down the road. It is hard to build up and egg like that. Plus, paying cash up front is not always the best way to go especially if interest on the car loan is 4.0% for a shorter term with a high down payment and you can make 10% on the S&P 500.

Just think about it.
I appreciate the advice. I think I will be a secondary under my father so I can afford the insurance. ( I want that baby to have best coverage out there... just incase)

I got a 75% scholarship plus I have something called Florida Prepaid... I pretty much get paid 6K a year to go to USF. Your probably right about saving up for grad school, but I cant resist that CAR!

For the stock market I am not to keen on that, but hey Im open to new ideas
Old 4/11/05, 08:50 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by wakerider017@April 11, 2005, 9:43 PM
... to go to USF.
... but hey Im open to new ideas

Lo-Jack?

Old 4/12/05, 01:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hope you didn't think I was beating up on you. I was just floored at the price for insurance you gave.

I go through Encompass. It has more to do with me being 38 yr old, perfect driving record, this will be a 3rd car and my kids aren't old enough to drive.
Old 4/12/05, 04:59 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Wakerider, no offense. You're being dumb about your future. It's OK, I was dumb at your age too (but not as well off). Here's something I learned the hard way (over time). If you bought yourself a V6 (or a used cobra) at say $20K instead of $35K, and put the other $15K into the stock market (at a conservative return), by 65 you'd have 1,322,962.27 (compounding interest is amazing). I realize you're young and live in the moment, and don't think much about the future. But when I do math like that, I kick myself for not being smarter when I was your age. That's all without factoring in insurance, maintenance, tickets, gas, and so on.

I'm not telling you to have no fun. Most 18 year old would consider a slightly used Cobra or brand new V6 a pretty awesome ride. It is about balancing you present with your future. If you live at or above your means, you'll never be happy. (You'll always wish you had more). If you can live below your means, and have savings, and not spend every nickel you have on a high power ego-extension, then you stand a much greater chance of achieving financial peace. You'll have learned how to say "No" to yourself -- not to deny yourself, just to see the consequences of your actions, and plan for your future.

So do you want to be a broke kid, that's put every penny he has into his ride and looking cool. Or a young financial wizard (that still lives well) but that's going to be able to retire early and retire well? The choice is yours.
Old 4/12/05, 09:23 AM

DKE speaks the truth, brother. There will always be fast cars to be had, but wisdom is the most precious asset of all. You would be a fool to blow that money on a fairly nice car (I want a GT500, too, but not at a sacrifice of my future). Sock that money away like DKE says, and secure the future. Then, when you're 40 yrs. old, buy 7 GT500's (one for each day of the week).

Or invest all your money, and buy an air force...
Old 4/12/05, 12:50 PM
Banned

I know, I know...

But Cars are my life. I have been waiting for this car ever since I saw the prototype for the 05 mustang, and when i found out it was a Shelby GT 500... I KNEW!

I am not throwing away my future. I'm still going to college, going to get my Masters and Dr. degree as well. (In the engineering feild). My parents say they are going to give me a present for garduation... I told them to help with the Cobra. LOL

I think I will be pretty well off with my Cobra and attending USF. I will get 6K a year from the college (will pay for gas and insurance) and I will work p/t for spending/saving money.

I own my own computer business right now and thats doing well, so I plan on continuing that. If anyone needs a custom built computer check out my site:

(For an accurate quote send me an e-mail, I am working on updating the site)

http://www.nowpcs.com/
Old 4/12/05, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wakerider017@April 12, 2005, 11:53 AM
I know, I know...

But Cars are my life. I have been waiting for this car ever since I saw the prototype for the 05 mustang, and when i found out it was a Shelby GT 500... I KNEW!

I am not throwing away my future. I'm still going to college, going to get my Masters and Dr. degree as well. (In the engineering feild). My parents say they are going to give me a present for garduation... I told them to help with the Cobra. LOL

I think I will be pretty well off with my Cobra and attending USF. I will get 6K a year from the college (will pay for gas and insurance) and I will work p/t for spending/saving money.

I own my own computer business right now and thats doing well, so I plan on continuing that. If anyone needs a custom built computer check out my site:

(For an accurate quote send me an e-mail, I am working on updating the site)

http://www.nowpcs.com/
Wakerider...
Apology accepted. I call 'em like I see them ,too. You may want to reconsider this car for right now. They are going to make several thousand and when you get out of school they will still be there. Call it a graduation present to yourself.
If you take this car to school , some jack hiney is going to "Pimp Your Ride" and not in any kind of good way. ...
Park the money where it will reproduce and get something funky for college the girls will dig and you won't worry about.
If somebody laid a finger on your Shelby(at a college ,they will) you would lose your mind.
Old 4/12/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

My insurance quote was somewhere around $600 a year, however that is in Maine where you put it up for 6 months so being in Florida and using it year round I can see it being more. Plus Im 33 with a clean record so I am sure that helps. I bet the Shelby will be alot more with the HP and all. I assume it is like snowmobiles. You get to the 800 cc and it is outragious, if you can even get it. I had to go through alot of companies before I found one to insure my sled.
Old 4/12/05, 03:07 PM
Banned

I was considering getting the Shelby GT 500 and possibly keeping my old car. Or getting the Shelby GT 500 and mabey even getting an old 66 mustang or early 70's Camaro and fixing it up for my second ride.

That sounds like too much $$$ though...

I wont get the Shelby til my 2nd year of college... I heard there building a parking garage there (USF)... So mabey I'll be able to get in there and my Cobra will be safe (for the most part).

Or... I could swap rides with my dad on college days... (He is also a big fan of muscle cars)

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things go.
Old 4/13/05, 10:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you do buy the car, Please don't take it to college with you. You will regret it. It will get beaten up or stolen. It won't be safe in a parking garage either.
Old 4/13/05, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Where is it gonna be safe? This is gonna be one tough car to park any where and leave it un attended. That first scratch or scuff mark is gonna stink.

Quick Reply: Will the Shelby be available to the Public?