Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Will the Shelby be available to the Public?

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming@April 7, 2005, 2:50 PM
With all the Jay Leno types and dealership owners taking the first few shipments, I would hazzard to guess half to three quarters of the production will be available to us the general consumer. I would love to have one of these cars, but I also refuse to pay over sticker on it. I'll let someone else do that, they want/or need it worse than me. I would however pay sticker and that would be the first time ever.

Now, this is strange to say but, in defense of the dealers. If your house was for sale and you marked it up 25,000 over market value and someone was willing to pay it. I would say none of us would say oh no pay the 25,000 less the house just isn't worth it.

It is all in what the market will bear, if people are willing to pay it then more power to them and the dealers.
Some good points there. The dealers will get whatever they can. It is the consumer that will dictate the price of these cars. Also homes are considered an investment and that is why people are paying so much for homes these days. New autos are never or should never be considered an investment. Even Jay Leno knew better than to pay above sticker for his GT, which I read he did not.
Old 4/7/05, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, I would have thought he paid whatever it took.

A dealer here(Indiana) sold one to a guy in Texas for 225,000.00 and they had people offering more on the phone for it.

I was told Salesman commission on it was 10,000.00 just for being the lucky so and so that answered the phone.
Old 4/7/05, 05:23 PM
Banned

Sooo... You think there will be enough made for me to get one at sticker? I want one sooooooooo bad and am willing to wait a year or 2 if need be. I just want some comforting so i dont have to worry about not being able to get one.

There are no other cars out there that can comete with the Shelby GT 500. It's a monopoly!
Old 4/7/05, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will be available. The hype will die down.
Old 4/7/05, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by crazyhorse@April 7, 2005, 5:32 PM
Thats good news to hear... I am going to call 4 more local SVT dealers tommorrow and attempt to get on some kind of a list. Hopefully there are some decent dealers out there!
Old 4/7/05, 11:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wakerider017+April 7, 2005, 5:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wakerider017 @ April 7, 2005, 5:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@April 7, 2005, 5:32 PM
Thats good news to hear... I am going to call 4 more local SVT dealers tommorrow and attempt to get on some kind of a list. Hopefully there are some decent dealers out there!
[/b][/quote]
The dealers are going to have lists a mile long and go through a ton of people to sell 3 cars. I'm on 3 "lists" for example and will buy one car.Guys,remember the Miata,the P/T cruiser...the new Beetle ferpete'ssake!!
A Shelby made in a Ford factory is not necessarily worth more than a Shelby
made in a Dodge factory. Is it now 5 or 6 recalls on the Ford GT? They had better
get this one right. I will wait (with great hope) to make sure they do, and not pay too much. I'll buy mine after Ford learns how to build it and spend less for a better car. All this hand wringing....chill,guys.
Old 4/8/05, 05:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming@April 7, 2005, 2:50 PM
With all the Jay Leno types and dealership owners taking the first few shipments, I would hazzard to guess half to three quarters of the production will be available to us the general consumer. I would love to have one of these cars, but I also refuse to pay over sticker on it. I'll let someone else do that, they want/or need it worse than me. I would however pay sticker and that would be the first time ever.

Now, this is strange to say but, in defense of the dealers. If your house was for sale and you marked it up 25,000 over market value and someone was willing to pay it. I would say none of us would say oh no pay the 25,000 less the house just isn't worth it.

It is all in what the market will bear, if people are willing to pay it then more power to them and the dealers.
Bad example. A house is an APPRECIATING asset.

If you're dumb enough to pay $25K over MSRP for this Shelby, then you deserve to get poled in the bum a second time when you go to trade it in and they REFUSE to factor in the mark-up you paid for your trade in allowance.
Old 4/8/05, 05:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@April 7, 2005, 5:32 PM
Of course it will. This whole conversation is nonsensical.

Remember, too, that Ford doesn't want to annoy its core enthusiast buyers by seeing this car only go to dealership owners, collectors and those willing to pay ridiculous mark-ups.

What about everyone else? Ford priced it within reach so that those who want one will be able to get one.

Everybody just relax. It's all propoganda to whip us into a frenzy.
Old 4/8/05, 06:45 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Robert@April 8, 2005, 6:12 AM
Of course it will. This whole conversation is nonsensical.

Remember, too, that Ford doesn't want to annoy its core enthusiast buyers by seeing this car only go to dealership owners, collectors and those willing to pay ridiculous mark-ups.

What about everyone else? Ford priced it within reach so that those who want one will be able to get one.

Everybody just relax. It's all propoganda to whip us into a frenzy.
I agree Robert. I've come to the conclusion that I should not even consider getting one until 8-10 months after they come out. The hype, speculators, and I-gotta-be-the-first-one-on-my-block types will have come and gone by then.
Old 4/8/05, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert+April 8, 2005, 6:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ April 8, 2005, 6:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Eleanor Dreaming@April 7, 2005, 2:50 PM

If you're dumb enough to pay $25K over MSRP for this Shelby, then you deserve to get poled in the bum a second time when you go to trade it in and they REFUSE to factor in the mark-up you paid for your trade in allowance.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, a house is an appreciating asset, but the example was who will not sell something for the amount it will bring. Unfortunatly there will be some poor fool who will think this car is an investment. Also, 25,000.00 over market should have told anyone that the statment was just that an example.

Fine if I can sell a condom for 3 bucks, why would I sell it for 1 dollar?
Old 4/8/05, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming+April 8, 2005, 7:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eleanor Dreaming @ April 8, 2005, 7:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Robert@April 8, 2005, 6:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Eleanor Dreaming
@April 7, 2005, 2:50 PM

Yes, a house is an appreciating asset, but the example was who will not sell something for the amount it will bring. Unfortunatly there will be some poor fool who will think this car is an investment. Also, 25,000.00 over market should have told anyone that the statment was just that an example.

[/b][/quote]

ok... Lets keep it simple and just call it supply and demand.

BTW I called a dealer in Clearwater Florida... And the manager said I am first on "THE LIST" and... I will be getting it at MSRP! Shows there are some decent people out there!
Old 4/8/05, 09:13 PM
GT Member

A friend of mine who lives in Dearborn said his dad (a huge Mustang fan and Ford employee who owns a pristine '93 LX 5.0) just got on a waiting list for the Shelby at a local dealer. I queried my friend via email to see which dealer it was, and to see if any prices were promised, down payments required or if A-plan was discussed. Haven't heard back yet.
Old 4/8/05, 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wakerider017+April 8, 2005, 7:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wakerider017 @ April 8, 2005, 7:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming@April 8, 2005, 7:37 AM

BTW I called a dealer in Clearwater Florida... And the manager said I am first on "THE LIST" and... I will be getting it at MSRP! Shows there are some decent people out there!
[/b][/quote]
You are joking ,right?...The dealer says you are first on his list(ask him about his list in a week and see if he remembers you) and you think he is being a good guy by selling at MSRP. Which part is believable??
Old 4/9/05, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

if I have to I will buy a 2004 cobra and wait till the prices come down in the future
Old 4/9/05, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming+April 8, 2005, 7:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eleanor Dreaming @ April 8, 2005, 7:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
"Fine if I can sell a condom for 3 bucks, why would I sell it for 1 dollar?"

Let me answer that in a way that I hope you'll understand: Because the three ultra polite Japanese guys across the street from you are selling much better quality condoms for a buck fifty...and consequently outselling you two to one. You're also often a ***** to deal with and word has gotten out about your poor service and price gouging, so less and less people are wanting to buy from you. Oh, and there's also the little issue of those condoms of yours breaking at an inopportune time.

Get the message?
Old 4/9/05, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by hayburner+April 8, 2005, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hayburner @ April 8, 2005, 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by wakerider017@April 8, 2005, 7:50 PM

You are joking ,right?...The dealer says you are first on his list(ask him about his list in a week and see if he remembers you) and you think he is being a good guy by selling at MSRP. Which part is believable??
[/b][/quote]
:nono: :notnice: :angry:

No offense, but you are an idiot... Everyone knows there are no definites yet, but... The Manager of the dealer I talked to said "He does not sell above MSRP... I will be the first on the waiting list if I put down some sort of a down payment."

Buddy, dealers don’t forget about you after you put money down on the car... Your idiotic remarks with out knowing the circumstances of the situation are ignorant.

Call the guy up yourself and call him a liar...

I will try and get some sort of an agreement on paper when I put money down.
Old 4/9/05, 07:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You people should go for a long walk and think about whats important in the world what ever happens will happen right ? If one is lucky enough to get to order and pay what ever agreed upon price take it do the wait and be happy after all are we not all grown up now that we'd be able to dispence with calling each other names. I'm sorry but I had a bad day and after reading these posts I needed to vent a bit. Be Happy !
Old 4/10/05, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wakerider017+April 9, 2005, 6:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wakerider017 @ April 9, 2005, 6:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by hayburner@April 8, 2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by wakerider017@April 8, 2005, 7:50 PM

:nono: :notnice: :angry:

No offense, but you are an idiot... Everyone knows there are no definites yet, but... The Manager of the dealer I talked to said "He does not sell above MSRP... I will be the first on the waiting list if I put down some sort of a down payment."

Buddy, dealers don’t forget about you after you put money down on the car... Your idiotic remarks with out knowing the circumstances of the situation are ignorant.

Call the guy up yourself and call him a liar...

I will try and get some sort of an agreement on paper when I put money down.
[/b][/quote]
Hey Wakerider...try to take a breath and relax with the namecalling.
Or maybe get your meds. upped.
Unless you put money down and have it on paper...you have nothing.Period.
I've done this drill with other "waiting list" cars. Car dealers have well deserved
reputations and until he has money ,he'll tell 10 guys they are first on a list that does not exist. When he can take orders in Jan. or Feb. you had better be there or somebody else will get his first car unless you are dealing with "Saint Joe Isuzu"
Old 4/10/05, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

i got on the waiting list with no problem
Old 4/11/05, 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

What we should take away from all of this discussion is not to pay anything above MSRP for ANY car, including the GT500. I intend to buy one and don't care if I'm the first or the last to get one as long as I get the car the way I want it for MSRP. If I can't, then I'll wait or buy an '03 - '04 and mod it to death. It won't be the end of the world if I can't buy a Shelby. There will be other SVT Mustangs that will equal or surpass the GT500 so it's all good.

The end result: this is an awesome time to be a Mustang enthusiast!! Honestly, 5 years ago would any of us have expected that we could purchase a 450 hp non-Cobra R Mustang from the factory? Anyone who would have suggested it would have been mocked heartily. Relax and enjoy, this is going to be one fine ride!!

Quick Reply: Will the Shelby be available to the Public?