Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

HOT OFF THE PRESS!

Old 3/27/05, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when is production supposed to come out?
Old 3/27/05, 04:10 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlackRiderX@March 24, 2005, 7:49 PM

BTW: any talk about how much this beast weighs yet?
It was in both the Ford press release and in M/T.

The weight is listed as OVER 3600 lb.
Old 3/29/05, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by V10+March 27, 2005, 5:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ March 27, 2005, 5:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlackRiderX@March 24, 2005, 7:49 PM

BTW: any talk about how much this beast weighs yet?
It was in both the Ford press release and in M/T.

The weight is listed as OVER 3600 lb.
[/b][/quote]

Sorry V10. I meant at the shows, other than the mags. My bad.

Over 3600lbs is a given IMO. 4000lbs is a sin, but this car will probably weigh over that with some of the "husky" guys in this world. I know it will have closer to 500HP, but it is easier to gain power than it is to lose that much weight from the car!

After thinking about this car for a while, there are too many uncertain things to put my name on a list yet. Not only that, but I FEAR Ford's first run cars of any model or brand.

Second year maybe?
Old 3/29/05, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd like to hear a little about the new 6 speeds. I've never run 1. Ran lots of 5 speeds, and the old muncie, and saginaw 4 speeds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. like how smooth they shift, comparisons to the old 4-speed, 6th gear, etc. thanks!

I would think 6th gear would haul better on the top end ???

My buddy said he took a 6 speed vette for a run. He said he found 1st and 2nd gears short.
Old 3/30/05, 07:04 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Merlot@March 29, 2005, 10:09 PM
I'd like to hear a little about the new 6 speeds. I've never run 1. Ran lots of 5 speeds, and the old muncie, and saginaw 4 speeds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. like how smooth they shift, comparisons to the old 4-speed, 6th gear, etc. thanks!

My buddy said he took a 6 speed vette for a run. He said he found 1st and 2nd gears short.
The gear ratios can vary, just like in any other tranny, so the gears would be taller/shorter accordingly. I have driven a stick c5 Vette and Viper; both have the T56, which is the same tranny that was in the show Shelby. The T56 necessitates a lot of shift effort, more so in the viper than in the vette. While that would be a bad thing on the track, I think it's fun on the street. It gives the impression of a lot of power, and is not hard enough to hinder driveability. It is a rock solid Transmission, capable of being modded to handle huge power, and I would love to see it in the Shelby. The T56 uses two overdrive gears, so sixth gear becomes on heck of a great highway gear. I got 27 mpg roundtrip when I took the Viper to the Indy Speedway last year, and rode in minimal noise the whole way. Of course, I was running at 1450 rpm .The big thing everyone will wine about, if it is emplyed in the Shelby, is the dreaded skip shift. Due to gas gussler restrictions, engineers found that if the tranny was made to shift from first to fourth throughout a certain rpm range under light load, that the engine would consume less gas. The result is confusion, missed shifts, and a lot of swearing in downtowns and parking lots. Luckily the aftermarket jumped on this, and came out with bypass units that disable the "feature". All-in-all, great tranny!
Old 3/31/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Birdman3+March 30, 2005, 8:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Birdman3 @ March 30, 2005, 8:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Merlot@March 29, 2005, 10:09 PM

The gear ratios can vary, just like in any other tranny, so the gears would be taller/shorter accordingly. I have driven a stick c5 Vette and Viper; both have the T56, which is the same tranny that was in the show Shelby. The T56 necessitates a lot of shift effort, more so in the viper than in the vette. While that would be a bad thing on the track, I think it's fun on the street. It gives the impression of a lot of power, and is not hard enough to hinder driveability. It is a rock solid Transmission, capable of being modded to handle huge power, and I would love to see it in the Shelby. The T56 uses two overdrive gears, so sixth gear becomes on heck of a great highway gear. I got 27 mpg roundtrip when I took the Viper to the Indy Speedway last year, and rode in minimal noise the whole way. Of course, I was running at 1450 rpm .The big thing everyone will wine about, if it is emplyed in the Shelby, is the dreaded skip shift. Due to gas gussler restrictions, engineers found that if the tranny was made to shift from first to fourth throughout a certain rpm range under light load, that the engine would consume less gas. The result is confusion, missed shifts, and a lot of swearing in downtowns and parking lots. Luckily the aftermarket jumped on this, and came out with bypass units that disable the "feature". All-in-all, great tranny!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Birdman. Sounds like a nice tranny.
Old 4/1/05, 05:44 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Come on guys, all you have to do is go to the Ford SVT web-site to get all the details:

T56 ratios for 07 GT-500: 2.97, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, .80, .63