Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

GT500 dealer allocations

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/05, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 30, 2005, 7:39 PM
There is another option. Go back a year or a few years if you like. There has been a pattern for demand on the Cobras, the SEs, and the latest GTs. The first 6 to 9 months the sharks have a feeding frinzy and there are a lot of fortunate owners who find out, for different circumstances and reasons, they can't afford keeping the car or want to keep the car. Slowly the AutoTrader, ebay, and used car dealers begin to have them available. Someone's loss is someone else's gain. This has happened not only with the most desirable Mustangs but with other manufacturers' sports coupes and sports cars.

Anyone interested in getting the (used) latest Cobra, Mach 1, Bullitt, or '05 GT has/had no problem getting one. I doubt the GT500 will be the exception.
I agree. I think it will be available just like the Terminators, Mach 1s, etc. I'm not too worried about that.
Old 10/30/05, 08:31 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@October 30, 2005, 5:39 PM
There is another option. Go back a year or a few years if you like. There has been a pattern for demand on the Cobras, the SEs, and the latest GTs. The first 6 to 9 months the sharks have a feeding frinzy and there are a lot of fortunate owners who find out, for different circumstances and reasons, they can't afford keeping the car or want to keep the car. Slowly the AutoTrader, ebay, and used car dealers begin to have them available. Someone's loss is someone else's gain. This has happened not only with the most desirable Mustangs but with other manufacturers' sports coupes and sports cars.

Anyone interested in getting the (used) latest Cobra, Mach 1, Bullitt, or '05 GT has/had no problem getting one. I doubt the GT500 will be the exception.
Yeah, no question about this. My only concern in buying one of these used, is getting one that hasn't had some yahoo driving the bag off it before they realized, "Gee, I can't afford this." I doubt you'll find too many have been owned by "little old ladies from Peoria."
Old 10/30/05, 08:33 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by crazyhorse@October 30, 2005, 3:18 PM
BC, thanks for caring. I'm getting better. It's just a matter of healing now.
Well, considering all the jokes people have been making since the beginning of the year about donating organs to get into one of these, you had us worried there for a sec.

After all, it's just a car.

Glad you're feeling better though.

I had some surface surgery done a few weeks back to remove a sizeable cist about three inches below the pectoral muscle, and the surgeon didn't use enough anesthetic. As she began cutting into me, I said, as politely as I could, "HEY, I CAN STILL FEEL THAT!!!!" The worst part is that she didn't acknowledge me and kept on cutting. I swear she had all the bedside manner of Wyatt Earp. Get 'em in and get 'em out was her philosophy.

Never have surgery performed on a Friday.