Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Eleanor kit only suits late 60s stangs

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/05, 09:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just my opinion,
so far the kits i have seen on pics posted here and the one on ebay just do not look right on the 2005 mustang. i understand the '05 has the retro throwback accents but to try to make it into an eleanor just doesnt fit.

my biggest problem is that the wheel diameter of the '05 is just way too large for it to look right as an eleanor. the original eleanor has 17" wheels and very low profile. the bodykit is really the focus here on that car.

the 05s have huge wheel diameter and for this car, choosing the right 19 or 20" wheel is most important to how the car will stand out.

just my opinion....

thanks all
Old 4/4/05, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

I think time will tell. I think it suits the car very well personally...after all, we all fell in love with the concept '05, and that was closer in representation to an early Shelby than the production version. I'd like to see someone make window and side scoops closer to that...to modernize the look in order to 'better' suit the '05 in this era...but I still think the car looks similar enough that even the more retro shelby/eleanor kits look fantastic...and what is especially cool about it, is that you can have the look and feel of the 60's pony/musclecars with the modern convenience. I think that is the entire point of Ford building this car, it is retro, and if you like it for that reason, but not for the extension of other retro aspects, such as the GT500/Eleanor body kits, then you are being somewhat hypocritical.

As a matter of taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but there is no underestimating peoples poor taste. I think there will be very good, and very bad representations of retro with this car...it's going to come with the territory.

Josh
Old 4/4/05, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree w/ both of you to an extent. I agree w/ Walden on that I feel the whole "Eleanor" design should be left to the Mustangs of the last millenium. And Josh, he hit the nail on the head, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Elleanor project is not my cup'o'tea.
Old 4/4/05, 03:41 PM
V6 Member

Very good points.
At the end of the day, its up to the individual taste.

for me, if i want the eleanor, i'll order one from unique performance and for the '05, i'll order one from Saleen!

Originally posted by Josh69@April 4, 2005, 11:12 AM
I think time will tell. I think it suits the car very well personally...after all, we all fell in love with the concept '05, and that was closer in representation to an early Shelby than the production version. I'd like to see someone make window and side scoops closer to that...to modernize the look in order to 'better' suit the '05 in this era...but I still think the car looks similar enough that even the more retro shelby/eleanor kits look fantastic...and what is especially cool about it, is that you can have the look and feel of the 60's pony/musclecars with the modern convenience. I think that is the entire point of Ford building this car, it is retro, and if you like it for that reason, but not for the extension of other retro aspects, such as the GT500/Eleanor body kits, then you are being somewhat hypocritical.

As a matter of taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but there is no underestimating peoples poor taste. I think there will be very good, and very bad representations of retro with this car...it's going to come with the territory.

Josh
Old 4/4/05, 03:44 PM
V6 Member

eleanor is not my cup of tea either for a NEW car.

but again, up to the individual.

Originally posted by slavehand@April 4, 2005, 1:14 PM
I agree w/ both of you to an extent. I agree w/ Walden on that I feel the whole "Eleanor" design should be left to the Mustangs of the last millenium. And Josh, he hit the nail on the head, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Elleanor project is not my cup'o'tea.
Old 4/25/05, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WaldenNYC+April 4, 2005, 2:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WaldenNYC @ April 4, 2005, 2:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>eleanor is not my cup of tea either for a NEW car.

but again, up to the individual.

<!--QuoteBegin-slavehand
@April 4, 2005, 1:14 PM
[/b][/quote]
:nono: If you are Nick Cage and making a movie, fine.
If you are not ,you turn into a wannabe.
Old 4/25/05, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

The car was a wannabe in the first place. It was a more elaborate take on the original and none of them were real shelby's. (Actually one was and it was kept by the director....which is exactly what i would have done but thats neither here nor there.) so the whole concepts of the eleanor is more of a tribute car in general. I think it suits the new body style just fine but i haven't seen a kit yet i am truly nuts about. Noone has made the correct quarter scoops yet and the kit in general should not be a bolt on kit. The parts need to be molded into the body, i know thats a PITA but you can't just bolt on the 68 kit and anything worth doing is worth doing right. I would rather it cost more to put on the car so there were 100 great recreations of it on the road rather than 1000 cheap looking body kits. BBR will probably be the closest once he molds everything in. But they still need to put the right quarter scoops on and punch through the wheel well to make the lower scoops functional.
Old 4/25/05, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by stoic21@April 25, 2005, 9:34 AM

The car was a wannabe in the first place. It was a more elaborate take on the original and none of them were real shelby's. (Actually one was and it was kept by the director....which is exactly what i would have done but thats neither here nor there.) so the whole concepts of the eleanor is more of a tribute car in general. I think it suits the new body style just fine but i haven't seen a kit yet i am truly nuts about. Noone has made the correct quarter scoops yet and the kit in general should not be a bolt on kit. The parts need to be molded into the body, i know thats a PITA but you can't just bolt on the 68 kit and anything worth doing is worth doing right. I would rather it cost more to put on the car so there were 100 great recreations of it on the road rather than 1000 cheap looking body kits. BBR will probably be the closest once he molds everything in. But they still need to put the right quarter scoops on and punch through the wheel well to make the lower scoops functional.
So, you would suggest us to cut out the lower scoop section to just make it functioal, My scoops are molded in, they are not just glued on as you would want to beleive. You would have to see the two BBR LNR 05 gts upclose to appreciate the fine detail that has went into the design. As you know this is an 05 not a 67 and I'm not trying to be Nicolas Cage or any other movie star. I'm just trying to fix up my car. weather you or any one else likes it I personally don't care. you have your oppionion of what you want your 05 to look like and I have mine. This kit is not in any way a cheep kit! keanan, done a fine job on his design. My car is not done yet, But , when it is I will post more pictures. My interior is a custom interior, and when post pictures in a few weeks I post pictures of it too.
Old 4/25/05, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

I just think the kits I have seen carried it a little too far.

The original was clean and elegant while still being aggressive. The new ones have too much ricer influence IMHO (everything is really big, over the top and almost cartoon looking).

I think the problem lies in trying to recreate the design too closely. The '67s were long and lean. The '05 are bigger and bulkier, and the two just don't quite seem to mesh well.

I would love to see what Foose and the guys who did the original design would do to the '05s though. That would be interesting to see, and you would not end up with the kits you see today.

And that is not to say the current kits are poorly done -- quite the contrary, they are very well done. Just not my cup of tea.