Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Cupholders? CUPHOLDERS!

Old 4/21/05, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok... so there are cupholders in the new Mustang... I actually am totally against that... but whatever, I can at least tell myself that the Mustang is for a wide range of people and isn't necessarily a "sports car."

But cupholders in the Cobra!!

Come on!!

I wouldn't let anyone drink, eat, smoke, or whatever else in my car... Cobra, Mustang GT... heck... if I drove a friggin Yugo I wouldn't let anyone do any of that stuff.

But to put cupholders in a car like the Cobra it's like putting ketchup on icecream... doesn't go... doesn't belong... UGH!

Ok... off my soapbox... I'm sorry... ummm <_< no I'm not CUPHOLDERS!!!
Old 4/21/05, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh well.

I like cupholders, and I use mine all the time. Usually for non-drinks, but every once in a while I actually use them to hold a can of soda. Unlike some people I guess, I can actually drink without spilling it all over myself or the car...

Dave
Old 4/21/05, 08:41 PM
Banned

I agree with S197. I use my cupholder all the time for (non-drink items) Like gas receipts, or extra cash if i dont want to put it in my wallet right away. Does bother me to have them!
Old 4/22/05, 06:56 AM
V6 Member

I agree with the previous two posters...I use them all the time to hold stuff. i.e. cash, gas receipts, sun glasses, loose change, cell phone...... and, yes..... CUPS! :shock:

Would you (Imatk) prefer if Ford marketed them as "Storage Compartments".

I think the point we are making is that the "cup holders" can actually be convenient cubbyholes to temporarily put your stuff. I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 4/22/05, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is unlikely that I will ever use my cup holders either but I don't have a problem with them being there. Pretty much standard in every car as far as I know. How about the c6 vette? It would be nice if they had a movable cover, similar to the toyota camery.
Old 4/22/05, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

There has not, nor will there ever be any eating or drinking in my car.... but the cup holders are useful. I use it to hold my cell phone.
Old 4/22/05, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Same a Lynell. It holds my cell and thats it. I have had any drinks in my Mustangs
Old 4/22/05, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

you people are freaks!!!

Doesn't anyone ever get thirsty.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for preserving the quality of the car and trying to keep it in as nice condition as possible, and I can certainly understand the no food rule, but c'mon now! Never drinking in your car??!!!

I'm stoked for the new cobra too, but keep in mind, a quarter million dollar exoticar, it's not.
Old 4/22/05, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futuresvt@April 22, 2005, 10:59 AM
you people are freaks!!!

Doesn't anyone ever get thirsty.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for preserving the quality of the car and trying to keep it in as nice condition as possible, and I can certainly understand the no food rule, but c'mon now! Never drinking in your car??!!!

I'm stoked for the new cobra too, but keep in mind, a quarter million dollar exoticar, it's not.
:nono: Nope, not a freak... just if I get thirsty I stop and get a drink!!
Old 4/22/05, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Of all the complaints we've seen in this forum regarding the GT-500, this is most definitely the weirdest! :crazy:
Old 4/22/05, 12:03 PM
Cobra Member

Well it's interesting what people call weird just because they don't happen to hold the same opinion.

I don't think people are weird because they want cupholders, I understand why they want them... I just don't agree with the notion of having cupholders in a car that's supposed to be a performance vehicle for the driving enthusiast.

I guess I belive that when driving a car one should DRIVE the car and not talk on a cell phone, eat, drink, put makeup on, read a book... or whatever else people do when they drive.

Not to say that cupholders aren't good for storing things... but yes I would much rather they be storage compartments... the idea the you should have a nice Big Gulp in your Cobra is just crazy to me... but that's just my opinion I guess
Old 4/22/05, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Imatk@April 22, 2005, 12:06 PM
Well it's interesting what people call weird just because they don't happen to hold the same opinion.

I don't think people are weird because they want cupholders, I understand why they want them... I just don't agree with the notion of having cupholders in a car that's supposed to be a performance vehicle for the driving enthusiast.

I guess I belive that when driving a car one should DRIVE the car and not talk on a cell phone, eat, drink, put makeup on, read a book... or whatever else people do when they drive.

Not to say that cupholders aren't good for storing things... but yes I would much rather they be storage compartments... the idea the you should have a nice Big Gulp in your Cobra is just crazy to me... but that's just my opinion I guess
Lighten up...it was meant to be a humorous comment.
Old 4/22/05, 12:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Jeez, do you guys take your shoes off before you get in too? If I am on a long road trip, I need something to drink.

And the cupholder is nice when I get fast food to bring home, a little safer than holding it in my hand and trying to steer and shift at the same time.
Old 4/22/05, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Imatk@April 21, 2005, 3:56 PM
Ok... so there are cupholders in the new Mustang... I actually am totally against that... but whatever, I can at least tell myself that the Mustang is for a wide range of people and isn't necessarily a "sports car."

But cupholders in the Cobra!!

Come on!!

I wouldn't let anyone drink, eat, smoke, or whatever else in my car... Cobra, Mustang GT... heck... if I drove a friggin Yugo I wouldn't let anyone do any of that stuff.

But to put cupholders in a car like the Cobra it's like putting ketchup on icecream... doesn't go... doesn't belong... UGH!

Ok... off my soapbox... I'm sorry... ummm <_< no I'm not CUPHOLDERS!!!
Lighten up.
Old 4/22/05, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Heh... dude I'm light I'm about as light as you can get... I'll probably not ever drive a Cobra because I don't have the cash... I just posted an opinion... for what it's worth... and we all know what they're worth
Old 4/22/05, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

.and they sure beat those silly things that used to hang off your window !
Old 4/22/05, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by basicblack@April 22, 2005, 12:51 PM
.and they sure beat those silly things that used to hang off your window !

LOL they still make 'em though....
Old 4/22/05, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I throw my cellphone in there...
Old 4/22/05, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm definitely against it. Takes away from the look of the car and encourages people to eat and drink while barreling down the highway at 80 MPH.

I'm not against a little slot or nook on the driver's side, maybe under the headlight selector, for extra change, cash, or receipts.
Old 4/22/05, 01:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@April 22, 2005, 1:08 PM
I'm definitely against it. Takes away from the look of the car and encourages people to talk on their cellphones while barreling down the highway at 80 MPH.

I'm not against a little slot or nook on the driver's side, maybe under the headlight selector, for extra change, cash, or receipts.
Cupholders encourage people to talk on their cell phones? I don't follow the logic of that one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cupholders? CUPHOLDERS!