V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Pony Package?

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05blackV6
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't decide!!!!!!!!!!

I love my car and how it looks now, but that grille does look good on black and it would add some character to the front end. Also it would really add the the retro look which is one of my favoreite things about this car.

Any advice for someone who can't make up their freakin mind? :P
I'd say go for it. I put the Pony Package grille in my car and love it, no regrets at all. If you decide you don't like it at some point you can always sell it.
Old 2/9/07, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by jay_wx
I'd say go for it. I put the Pony Package grille in my car and love it, no regrets at all. If you decide you don't like it at some point you can always sell it.
+1, get it it looks great and having the fog lights is both helpful(driving lights) and looks cool when you turn just them on.
Old 2/9/07, 03:04 PM
GT Member

I love my car and how it looks now, but that grille does look good on black and it would add some character to the front end. Also it would really add the the retro look which is one of my favoreite things about this car.

Do it! You won't be sorry it really completes the front end.
Old 2/9/07, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

How hard is installation for a noob? Are the instructions clear? Where is the best place to get the kit? (And cheapest)

I found one on v6mustangstuff for $485
Old 2/9/07, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Installation is not difficult at all...I cleaned the area behind my grill really well before putting the new one on (as it's somewhat visible). As far as wiring, it comes with everything you need including the factory switch just like the GT's. It also comes with a couple of relays to hook up, it says to wire tie them to the shock tower but I used industrial strength velcro, looks much better IMHO. The hardest part is taking the driver's side front wheel well liner out to run the wires, and that's not that hard at all. I was dragging my feet and it took me about four or five hours, but that's cause I was being VERY lazy cause it was hot outside. ;-) I'd say you could put it in in say a couple hours and most of that is for running the wires neatly. I found one recently on Ebay for $475, and another for $275 but that was without the wiring harness and switch. I got mine off Ebay for $420, you could check with Kevin (clevparts@aol.com) and see what he can do, I'd recommend him first.
Old 2/15/07, 07:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know, I got to thinking...you could do the Shelby CS6 grille as well and it would look amazing...you could leave off the Shelby letters, and either put on the standard Mustang grill pony in the middle, or use the tri-bar emblem slightly off center like the center mount foglight grilles. You could get the CS-6 grille and foglights for $350 and it would be very unique and cheaper than the Pony grille...just a thought.

Old 2/15/07, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

get a black billet grille from ebay...that on black would be sick
The pony grilles are cheap..its just those kits charge twice the price to include the wiring kit..you could probably just leave em black for a while or make your own wiring harness.
Old 2/15/07, 11:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the Pony grille for like $100 on Ebay, bought the GT switch for like $35 and the Street Scene wiring harness for like $100... Much cheaper than the kit! I followed the directions for installing the SS harness except for hooking it up to the switch (The SS harness actually comes with its own switch)... It took me a couple hours to do the whole thing and it was well worth it!
Old 2/16/07, 04:09 PM

I love my Pony Package too. Matter of fact before I even went out to look at '06 V6s I decided that I would only get one with a Pony Package [V8 was not really a option for me]

The dealer had one at the front door with , Leader upgrade and Interior Upgrade Package. The two things I disliked about the car was it's color [Tungsten Gray] and the silly mustang strip at the bottom [like we need to be told its a darn Mustang]. For the color, I am glad my wife talked me into it because I have fallen in love with it. For the strip - I removed it.

I get a lot, and I mean a lot of compliments on the car. Heck the other day I was a PF Changs and when the valet brought up the car a group of four people started to talk about how cool the car looked and how "Mustang" it looked. When I took the keys from the valet, I told them Thank You for their compliments... they replied, "Dude, that's a sweet ride".
Old 2/16/07, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I got the IUP with mine also. That was a must
This was the first time that I have had leather. Found out that I like it.
Yellow was not at the top of my list. Tungston was my fist choice, but when I seen this one, I think she chose me. The deal I got it helped alot also.
Old 2/18/07, 12:20 PM

I like both the pony package grill and the gt grille so I ordered a grille for my v-6 that will let me have the gt fogs in the grill because I want to trick people and see the puzzled look on their face when that think that it's a gt and then see the v-6 under the hood. does the pony package put the gt springs on the v6 mustangs?
Old 2/19/07, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by iceman320
I like both the pony package grill and the gt grille so I ordered a grille for my v-6 that will let me have the gt fogs in the grill because I want to trick people and see the puzzled look on their face when that think that it's a gt and then see the v-6 under the hood. does the pony package put the gt springs on the v6 mustangs?
I was under the impression that the GT suspension was in the pony pkg.
But when I took delivery of mine it was without t-lok, so springs, shocks
are unknown. For sure are the GT front and rear sway bars with the
17 in. wheels and tires. A real handling advantage to go with the good looks.
Old 2/19/07, 12:31 PM

Yes, I am wondering about the suspension too.
Old 2/19/07, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

According to our parts department, looks like the springs and shocks have different part numbers depending on how the Mustang is optioned out.

The part numbers are different between a GT, GT convert, V6, V6 with Pony, etc. And, also down to whether a GT has 17" wheels compared with a GT that has 18" wheels.

This will require more research.