V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/06, 02:40 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys.. Not much time right now... But let me just say, as much as I recommend the Vortech V6 Supercharger, the more afraid I am of the consequences...

Ok.. Now to the scary part.. Lane changes, and passing is very dangerous with this system.. The problem is, where your behind someone and want to shoot around them real quick and get back into the lane.. Well, I climb to 100MPH+ so quick that I am too easy of a target... Would would tell you how I escaped a 106MPH ticket, but am so terrified of that situation, that I'm alittle afraid to talk about it.. Luckily for me the officer happend to own a 69 Camaro with a 502 Big Block.. Needless to say, all it took was for me to open the hood, and he let me off with a warning.. While making sure he told me he really likes his 502 Big Block Chevy! LOL!!

I'm off to work guys.. We'll talk more later... But remember this.. I need to seriously learn more self control at this point.. I think I am going to take the Honda Civic to work.. I need time to grow into this.. Right now, Vortech has put me in such a precarious situation, I need to grow up atleast 5 more years within the next 24hrs!!! LOL!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I'm not afraid to admit it, I am scared of my 2005 Mustang V6... Its actually alittle more than I had bargined for.. This speaks volumes for Vortechs product.. Talk you all later... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 1/31/06, 02:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@January 31, 2006, 4:43 PM
Ok guys.. Not much time right now... But let me just say, as much as I recommend the Vortech V6 Supercharger, the more afraid I am of the consequences...

Ok.. Now to the scary part.. Lane changes, and passing is very dangerous with this system.. The problem is, where your behind someone and want to shoot around them real quick and get back into the lane.. Well, I climb to 100MPH+ so quick that I am too easy of a target... Would would tell you how I escaped a 106MPH ticket, but am so terrified of that situation, that I'm alittle afraid to talk about it.. Luckily for me the officer happend to own a 69 Camaro with a 502 Big Block.. Needless to say, all it took was for me to open the hood, and he let me off with a warning.. While making sure he told me he really likes his 502 Big Block Chevy! LOL!!

I'm off to work guys.. We'll talk more later... But remember this.. I need to seriously learn more self control at this point.. I think I am going to take the Honda Civic to work.. I need time to grow into this.. Right now, Vortech has put me in such a precarious situation, I need to grow up atleast 5 more years within the next 24hrs!!! LOL!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I'm not afraid to admit it, I am scared of my 2005 Mustang V6... Its actually alittle more than I had bargined for.. This speaks volumes for Vortechs product.. Talk you all later... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
Sounds like your head is in the right place, or at least knows where the right place is.

Of course most of the rest of us can only envy the fear your car generates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 1/31/06, 02:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If 350 is Flywheel, what is your RWHP you dyno'd to determine that number?
Old 1/31/06, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

That's the nice thing about the Zex... I can save it for the track and don't have to be tempted to do any silly like 106MPH on a public road... Sorry but I can't condone that type of driving... take it to the track...
Old 1/31/06, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very impressive, can't wait to hear your next report. Seems like you finally got your dream, a V6 that can keep up with the big dogs. Congratulations!!!

Just be careful out there.

Old 1/31/06, 03:32 PM
GT Member

freakin sweet msp....

just wish i can get one here in california...Is the vortech 50 state legal? Some of their systems are.
Old 1/31/06, 03:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 31, 2006, 4:03 PM
I didnt do it on purpose.. I dont condone it either.. I am ashamed of it.. That was a very bad thing I did.. I have learned!! Luckily had a nice cop... Your right about the zex.. Keep it!! Thats the smart thing to do..

@ALL

Only because I just got back the car, did races on the freeway take place.. I am working on containment.. I am being as honest as I can.. Understanding that guys like Scrming will tell me I'm wrong.. I know I am.. But if you want to bash me, go ahead.. I need to be bashed for doing something irresponisble.. Its the only way I can grow from the situation.. So bash away!! :worship:
I feel ya brother ....that is why I didn't buy a GT...I have gotten into enough trouble with the V6 ...I know with the GT I'd be in Jail by now......I have a heavy foot.... now play by the rules and Johnny Law won't get to know your name....... :notnice: It sounds great though all that power...
Old 1/31/06, 03:54 PM
GT Member

Man its my long term goal (amoung other things in life) to get a SC for my V6!!! I envy you!!! How much for the supercharger it self? Is it stage 1 or 2? How much for installation? Was there any major engine modifications that had to be made or can you run that set up stock?
Old 1/31/06, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05V6@January 31, 2006, 5:52 PM
I feel ya brother ....that is why I didn't buy a GT...I have gotten into enough trouble with the V6 ...I know with the GT I'd be in Jail by now......I have a heavy foot.... now play by the rules and Johnny Law won't get to know your name....... :notnice: It sounds great though all that power...
yeah... that's exactly why I won't install a remote bottle opener! LOL! The 4.10s and 200RWHP is plenty for me around town...
Old 1/31/06, 04:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@January 31, 2006, 7:11 PM
yeah... that's exactly why I won't install a remote bottle opener! LOL! The 4.10s and 200RWHP is plenty for me around town...
I haven't even used mine yet. I haven't wanted to switch from the 93 torque tune. Eh, maybe I'll do it soon. This Saturday for sure.
Old 1/31/06, 04:34 PM
GT Member

where did you get your charger from? their website doesn't have any info about a 4.0 supercharger. I'm most seriously considering the turbo system but haven't really looked into the Vortech. Any info you can give me is appreciated.
Old 1/31/06, 05:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 1/31/06, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, nice update on the votech project. I agree with jimp (who isn't jimp anymore! lol)....we want/need pics!

Drive carefully, MSP...I go too fast with just the stock engine--I can only imagine the need for speed when it can really deliver
Old 1/31/06, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

MSP, YOU FINALLY HAVE WHAT YOU WANTED!!!

13 NANERS FOR YA, BUDDY!!! WISH I COULD HAVE SEEN THE EXPRESSION WHEN YOU GOT THEM KILLS!!! NOW YOU NEED TO PUT 4.0 DECALS ON HER SO THAT THEY KNOW WHAT IS DRIVING BY. PREFERABLY ON THE REAR.....

One of the reasons I bought the V6 is so that I can mod it and get used to the power little by little. I taught myself to ride a Honda 900 motorcycle, and that thing was wicked fast. Did I take it easy or did I accelerate as fast as I could? Well, I am lucky to be alive. I have driven every car I have ever owned fast. That's just me. I talk fast, I think fast, I drive fast. I knew that if I got a GT straight off the bat, I would be a statistic. My 3.73s and 205 RWHP are enough to scream around town. So little by little I will be prepared for my TC or SC when it goes in. And then we all have to meet up in Vegas for the showdown....
Old 1/31/06, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

forget the threat being worthless without pics, its worthless with pics. LOL we need videos!
Old 1/31/06, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Fazm@January 31, 2006, 7:48 PM
forget the threat being worthless without pics, its worthless with pics. LOL we need videos!
I concur!
Old 1/31/06, 08:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So wait... you say it wasn't dyno'd, claim 350hp ?

So was it not dyno tuned?

I'd love to see track times too...
Old 1/31/06, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ya man.. you need to get this thing up on some rollers.. I would figure that would have been part of the deal Vortech offered.
Old 1/31/06, 08:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Im sure they dyno tuned it, but just didnt give him a graph or numbers or anything.
Same thing with my friend. He was the test car for revo (chip company) on his 2006 audi a3. They didnt give him any information on what gains or anything. But still a $750 job for free. He's also the test car for eibach's pro kit (hes doin it this week)
Old 1/31/06, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

MSP.... holy cow! You've created a MONSTER!!

be careful out there!

Quick Reply: MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang