V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Got my procharged stang back... update

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/06, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, that really sucks you got BS'd like that. Doesn't sound like Procharger takes their customer relations too seriously. Hope everything works out for you and you get your setup tuned properly.
Old 1/16/06, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

wow..... just wow
Old 1/16/06, 10:48 PM
V6 Member

Man thats too bad Belial.....Hope everything works out....keep us updated
Old 1/16/06, 11:56 PM
GT Member

Well I will cross one of the sc/tc options of my list, bad service is the worst. Sorry to hear that hope all works out.
Old 1/17/06, 01:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe we should all email procharger and let them know how many customers they have lost.

Procharger: OUT

Explorer Express: IN
Old 1/17/06, 03:53 AM
MSP
Banned

Really sorry to hear about the problems... But basically, this boils down to a tunning issue in regards to a proper firmware for the 05 Mustang, then a proper tune for the V6... Basically, your kit is installed and working properly component wise, but a proper engine management program is all that is needed...

It is more than obvious that Procharger had access to a Mustang GT in order to create a proper tune.. However, we are driving 2005-06 V6 Mustangs..

What this means is, finding an owner of a 2005 V6 who wants a Supercharger, is much harder than finding a 2005 Mustang V6 owner who wants a Supercharger, and decided to just buy a GT...

I understand your frustration, but frankly the 2005 V6 Mustangs are a huge surprise to everyone.. Most companies didnt know that the 4.0 would be such a good motor to Supercharge and Turbo...

What I am trying to say is this... Blame Procharger for faulty equipment, missing parts, and very poor customer service.. But blaming them for trying to find a needle in a haystack, which is what we all are who own 2005 Mustang V6's who desire 300+ RWHP, is alittle pre-mature...

This situation needs a huge amount of perspective.. One of which is most guys who wanted 300RWHP bought a GT... These guys typically want more, so they were easier to find for Procharger... But finding someone who owns a V6, who initially sought to forgoe 300HP is very hard...

This is a situation where most likley Procharger didnt have access to a 2005 V6 Mustang to create tunes.. They would need to find 2.. One an Automatic, and 1 a 5spd...

I say you keep looking, and hang tough.. I understand about the injector situation.. Those should come with the kit, depending on if its offered.. However, if they told you to use your 19lbs injectors, then its most likley due to them not having access to a 2005 V6...

Lets all step back and away from the situation and look at it with reality...

Agreed they should inform the customers that they are buying kits without tunes..

I also want to add that Procharger brought this upon themselves.. Of course you all know I'm in no way defending them.. Just using common sense.. However, that still does not change the fact that they released and sold the product before it was ready without informing the customer of the situation.. They will have to deal with the damage done as a bi-product of upset customers posting bad reviews...

Did they perhaps put profits ahead of reputation, and customer satisfaction? Obviously... So in that alittle more is understood about the type of character which is in charge over at Procharger.. These types of things must be considered when choosing a power-adder... What type of company are you engaging for the lifetime of your car.. One who has your utmost in satisfaction as their main concern? Or one who is more focused on your money.. Of course all businesses have a primary resonsibilty to make money... Some companies will first build a reputation, and understand that profits will follow... Some look for the quick profits, and your satisfaction has little concern to them...

A good company is one that is more concerned with your satisfaction of the final product, and will accept whatever profits can be made on reputation alone.. This is the kind of company I want for our 2005 V6 Mustangs.. Its hard enough for us as it is.. We are all looking at an uphill battle, from the time we leave the dealers lot.. We need good companies with good reputations.. In turn we get good products for our 2005-06 V6 Mustangs...

This philosophy is not an option for us... This is a mandatory course of action...
Old 1/17/06, 04:45 AM
Cobra Member

Ok... not to rub salt in your wounds... not to be a smart hiney...

but I'm sorry to say this is exactly the kind of thing Lidio predicted... When the ProCharger first hit the market I asked him about it and he basically grabbed me by the throat and told me not to go with a ProCharger... The things the Belial is running into are exactly the things Lidio told me would most likely happen... especially tech support and customer service... Lidio stopped carrying ProCharger in the mid-90's...

again... sorry to hear about all your troubles... I certianly hope it all get's sorted out in the very very near future...
Old 1/17/06, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Belial@January 17, 2006, 12:14 AM
My advice....
Do NOT buy the Procharger full kits yet.

After entirely too much time left sitting in the shop, having Procharger swear up and down they had working tunes for it, it turns out they never did.

Now they're denying they have full kits ready, and claiming they are only selling the "tuner kit" sans programmer.

Interesting, given that I know of three people who paid the FULL PRICE for a complete kit, and now have un-usable mustangs.

Rather than halting shipping of the kits, Procharger included tunes with the 2005 GT software loaded. Yes, the GT software.

Thank you SO much, Procharger. Then, of course, as I said, they denied the entire thing, now claiming that an official Procharger tune is 30 days off.

Bottom line, i.e. my review of this kit: The hardware is outstanding, absolutely outstanding. 300+ RWHP on at least one guy's stang, with only 7 PSI. The software is nonexistent. The customer support... has been one big steaming pile of bull..poop.
That really suck, man! I was hoping that you were out enjoying your new car so much that you didn't have time to write. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. The good news is that your loss was a gain for the whole community. Like any pioneer, you have given much by being the first to push this boubdary for us. I salute you, sir, for your courage and enthusiasm!! :usa:

The good thing is that you will eventually be driving around in a very powerful car. The software is fixable. Can't the shop that dynos your car make a custom tune for you? Anyway, your car is not broken, you have just had a very unfortunate experience. I look forward to the day when you write us and tell us that the issues have been resolved, you are smoking GTs and 350Z's at the light, and plan to add an intercooler and go with 9psi so that you can take the M3 that's been revving at you...
Old 1/17/06, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Bedial also sorry to hear you stll having problems, Procharger really needs to step up and take care of this. I believe by now they or I would have sent someone out by now. I'm about to do what what Burntpony said in a nice but firm diplomatic way (" Maybe we should all email procharger and let them know how many customers they have lost.") say the word and consider it done!

On a side note this guy does not have nice words for another charger company he choose either (see post # 34 at the below link)http://www.mustangforums.com/m_75700..._2/key_/tm.htm

Here is a dealer seller brand new 2006 Mustang V6's with Prochargers installed.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

Maybe give thier service dept a call and talk to thier techs

Good Luck
Old 1/17/06, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

To Procharger in case you happen to come to this site.

I would like to say your Procharger was contending at the top of my list of 3 companies for the system I was going to install on my Mustang. I have to say seriously in all honesty I do not want to spend $4.500.00 -$5,000.00 and have the problems Bedail is having. I will say as of now with out a doubt your system is 3rd on my list now to consider.

It would be nice if you responded here like other companies do and a least send someone out to find out what the problem is so Bedail can have his car running properly with your system installed and show that you will respond in a positive way for customer support for your product.

This intern will encourage people who see this positive action will consider or reconsider your product knowing they can count on good customer support and choose your system with a level of confidence that customer support and service will be there.
Old 1/17/06, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

MSp, I think thats the wrong attitude. Procharger, intentionally mislead thier customers. There is no honest mistake here, no accident, they lied to the very people who keep them in business.

All of you do as you please. I grew up under the philosophy that the customer is "the boss". I refuse to do business with a company that doesnt provide waht they advertise, or what I pay for.

Im going FI, maybe this year, maybe next. Depends on how the hpuse remodel goes $ wise.

Ive been leaning toward procharger, not anymore.
Old 1/17/06, 11:48 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by BurntPony@January 17, 2006, 10:03 AM
MSp, I think thats the wrong attitude. Procharger, intentionally mislead thier customers. There is no honest mistake here, no accident, they lied to the very people who keep them in business.

All of you do as you please. I grew up under the philosophy that the customer is "the boss". I refuse to do business with a company that doesnt provide waht they advertise, or what I pay for.

Im going FI, maybe this year, maybe next. Depends on how the hpuse remodel goes $ wise.

Ive been leaning toward procharger, not anymore.

Sounds like someone skimmed my post.. Before addressing me on this subject, please read my entire post...

To skim a post should be against the law.. Then to hit reply before the context of a post is completely understood, shows a lack of something.. Not sure what is lacking, but hitting reply and responding way off track to a post intent, means you must pay closer attention to details... Read, contemplate, reply... Not Skim, reply... :scratch:
Old 1/17/06, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

MSP
But basically, this boils down to a tunning issue in regards to a proper firmware for the 05 Mustang, then a proper tune for the V6... Basically, your kit is installed and working properly component wise, but a proper engine management program is all that is needed...

They had that 05 Mustang V6 running 13's with the Procharger and that dealer is selling 06's with Procharges installed.
So they have a working tune, they need to send someone out and get his problem strengthen out period.

The only problem out I read was a very few of the 06 models only had a problem with accepting the Diablo tune.
Old 1/17/06, 02:21 PM
V6 Member

Everyone, much thanks for your condolences. I finally got a working tune in there; a mustang shop in Florida (Modular Madness) finally put together a workable fix, and I got the car back. It's still got the check engine light on, the diagnostics all say it's running a little rich still.

Nevertheless, I don't have a clean dyno sheet to post, but 302.5 RWHP at redline and a 291 RWTQ around 5100 is nothing to sneeze at at all. And the power... well, at idle and when being light on the throttle, I don't feel a darn thing (except for that wonderful whine). When you put your foot in it, though... it feels like a shot of NOS once you hit about 4000 RPM, with the car just blasting up through the gears and upwards of 60 in what feels like mid-5's.

So I'm very happy with my car, VERY happy. Again, still running a bit rich according to the error codes, but that should be fixed.

And what really DOES burn me up (not to mention annoys the heck out of the guys at the shop) is how far out of their way Procharger went to obscure the truth.

Before I received the kit, around November 20th, 2005, I called Procharger to ask them the status of the kit I pre-ordered. They said there was a holdup on shipping, they needed to know whether I had a manual or automatic V6 or GT before they shipped the kit. Yes, they SPECIFICALLY asked whether they needed to include a v6 or v8 tune before they sent it.

They then shipped the kit. No mistaking it was a v6 kit, the tubing is completely different, and the instruction manual INCLUDED WITH THE KIT specifically listed the kit contents as including a Diablosport predator WITH v6 TUNE.

Not only that, but the price tag on this unit reflected the listed price for the full kit, with programmer and tune.

Now, to come back two months later and have the guy I spoke to at Procharger swearing up and down that nothing other than a tuner kit has ever been sold for the car pisses me off beyond belief. I can show the company THREE SEPARATE INVOICES for full kits. Amazing, given that they apparently don't exist.

And rather than trying to fix the problem, Procharger has done the following:

1) referred me to a tuner who would SELL ME A TUNE.

2) charged me for the fuel injectors that THREE DIFFERENT TUNERS/SHOPS ALL BELIEVE THE 7PSI KIT REQUIRES
(Though Ryan's Performance, my shop, picked up the tab...huge props to them)

and

3) BSed to my face (well, ear) that they never had a working tune, and never claimed to.

Right now I'm talking to my shop seeing about some sort of compensation. I spent a good amount of money for this kit, and the shop probably wasted a good 30-40 man hours and equally as many dyno hours trying to get my car working. I think it's safe to say that if Procharger wants to keep their customers, and don't want me to raise heck, they'd better at least come up with some sort of apology.
Old 1/17/06, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Everyone, much thanks for your condolences. I finally got a working tune in there; a mustang shop in Florida (Modular Madness) finally put together a workable fix, and I got the car back. It's still got the check engine light on, the diagnostics all say it's running a little rich still.

Nevertheless, I don't have a clean dyno sheet to post, but 302.5 RWHP at redline and a 291 RWTQ around 5100 is nothing to sneeze at at all. And the power... well, at idle and when being light on the throttle, I don't feel a darn thing (except for that wonderful whine). When you put your foot in it, though... it feels like a shot of NOS once you hit about 4000 RPM, with the car just blasting up through the gears and upwards of 60 in what feels like mid-5's.
Excellant!! Glad to hear it, and rich is better than lean Those are excellant numbers at only 7psi Bedial Congrats.

kept posting updates.

I look foward to you posting the dyno data.
Old 1/18/06, 01:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 17, 2006, 2:51 PM
Sounds like someone skimmed my post.. Before addressing me on this subject, please read my entire post...

To skim a post should be against the law.. Then to hit reply before the context of a post is completely understood, shows a lack of something.. Not sure what is lacking, but hitting reply and responding way off track to a post intent, means you must pay closer attention to details... Read, contemplate, reply... Not Skim, reply... :scratch:
When yoy assume... I read every word of your post.
Old 1/18/06, 01:41 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Belial@January 17, 2006, 1:24 PM

So I'm very happy with my car, VERY happy. Again, still running a bit rich according to the error codes, but that should be fixed.
And what really DOES burn me up (not to mention annoys the heck out of the guys at the shop) is how far out of their way Procharger went to obscure the truth.
Before I received the kit, around November 20th, 2005, I called Procharger to ask them the status of the kit I pre-ordered. They said there was a holdup on shipping, they needed to know whether I had a manual or automatic V6 or GT before they shipped the kit. Yes, they SPECIFICALLY asked whether they needed to include a v6 or v8 tune before they sent it.

They then shipped the kit. No mistaking it was a v6 kit, the tubing is completely different, and the instruction manual INCLUDED WITH THE KIT specifically listed the kit contents as including a Diablosport predator WITH v6 TUNE.

Not only that, but the price tag on this unit reflected the listed price for the full kit, with programmer and tune.

Now, to come back two months later and have the guy I spoke to at Procharger swearing up and down that nothing other than a tuner kit has ever been sold for the car pisses me off beyond belief. I can show the company THREE SEPARATE INVOICES for full kits. Amazing, given that they apparently don't exist.

And rather than trying to fix the problem, Procharger has done the following:

1) referred me to a tuner who would SELL ME A TUNE.

2) charged me for the fuel injectors that THREE DIFFERENT TUNERS/SHOPS ALL BELIEVE THE 7PSI KIT REQUIRES
(Though Ryan's Performance, my shop, picked up the tab...huge props to them)

and

3) BSed to my face (well, ear) that they never had a working tune, and never claimed to.
Right now I'm talking to my shop seeing about some sort of compensation. I spent a good amount of money for this kit, and the shop probably wasted a good 30-40 man hours and equally as many dyno hours trying to get my car working. I think it's safe to say that if Procharger wants to keep their customers, and don't want me to raise heck, they'd better at least come up with some sort of apology.

That is good to hear that everything has worked out for you... 302RWHP is great... One question, are you running a dual exaust, or still the stock one? Also, I think alittle rich is good.. However how much is very important...? But from what it sounds like, it would appear that you are currently in an optimum A/F situation, based on the 302RWHP at only 7PSI...

Please try and keep us updated... Also, I am glad that you have the Diablo Predator.. Maybe someday we can try and figure out some things together in regards to tunes...