After Market Improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/05, 04:53 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help, I will decide on it soon
Old 11/23/05, 09:17 AM

Well, I still have not done a thing to my Car. My wife is so set against it! However, it's funny how we run into other 'stang owners and they "try" to talk my wife into letting me MOD my 'stang.

O/T Funny Story:
About a week ago I took my wife to the theater [Hamlet]. A heavily MOD'ed 04 'stang owner parked right next to me. He gets out and asks, "How's that new GT treating you?". I say, "it's not a GT but a V6". He says, "No way!, you have the front fog likes and the '17 Wheels". I say, "Nope - it's the 2006 V6 with the new Pony Package". Then he starts making eyes at my car like he wants to have sex with it or something! LOL!

Then later we go and get our seats and that guy has a reserved seat right next to me. We start talking more about his 'stang and mine. He even starts out trying to convince my wife why it's good to do some MOD's and how we would enjoy the 'stang more. Then just when I thought my wife was being won over the darn play starts! Figures....

Well, anyways back on topic... I did call Alternative Auto last week and talked directly to Lidio. He told me that he has not done a 2006 V6 tune but the '05 should work just fine. He also did not have a firm recommendation for a CAI [with his tune]. However, he did say that a dealer was coming out with a new CAI that he would do a tune for [and recommend]. I believe he said he would have it in a few weeks. Basically he said the Stock one would do just fine.
Old 11/23/05, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by odie3@November 23, 2005, 11:20 AM
Well, I still have not done a thing to my Car. My wife is so set against it! However, it's funny how we run into other 'stang owners and they "try" to talk my wife into letting me MOD my 'stang.

O/T Funny Story:
About a week ago I took my wife to the theater [Hamlet]. A heavily MOD'ed 04 'stang owner parked right next to me. He gets out and asks, "How's that new GT treating you?". I say, "it's not a GT but a V6". He says, "No way!, you have the front fog likes and the '17 Wheels". I say, "Nope - it's the 2006 V6 with the new Pony Package". Then he starts making eyes at my car like he wants to have sex with it or something! LOL!

Then later we go and get our seats and that guy has a reserved seat right next to me. We start talking more about his 'stang and mine. He even starts out trying to convince my wife why it's good to do some MOD's and how we would enjoy the 'stang more. Then just when I thought my wife was being won over the darn play starts! Figures....
Well, anyways back on topic... I did call Alternative Auto last week and talked directly to Lidio. He told me that he has not done a 2006 V6 tune but the '05 should work just fine. He also did not have a firm recommendation for a CAI [with his tune]. However, he did say that a dealer was coming out with a new CAI that he would do a tune for [and recommend]. I believe he said he would have it in a few weeks. Basically he said the Stock one would do just fine.

LOL! My wife seemed to be ok with most of my mods... When see found out that "i'm putting in the Zex kit" meant I was putting in Nitrous... well that made her freak out a little... LOL! Taking the car to the track was were I ran into the most resistance... I had Lidio drive the first time I went and I shot avideo of it and showed here how "safe" it was! LOL!

speaking of Lidio... hmmmmmm... new CAI... hmmmmmm.....