V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

After Market Improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/05, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually having listened to the Magnaflow audio again, I think it sounds a little too high pitch for my tastes. Do you know if the JBA has a deeper sound?

Also, does the tune for the 2005 work correctly for the 2006?
Old 10/14/05, 10:04 PM

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/JBA-2005-2...haust-m305.html This site has the JBA for $175, is that a good price? It sounded deeper to me from the sound clip.
Old 10/15/05, 03:11 AM
GT Member

Be careful odie... Once you start modding...it's a very slippery slope *LOL*..

Welcome to the forum...
Old 10/15/05, 05:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kevinicus@October 14, 2005, 11:07 PM
http://www.partshopper.com/shop/JBA-2005-2...haust-m305.html This site has the JBA for $175, is that a good price? It sounded deeper to me from the sound clip.
I know guys that love the JBA... I did not go with the JBA because it's not 100% stainless steel.. I'll have to try and get a good clip of my magnaflow... LOL
Old 10/15/05, 05:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by DanteMO@October 15, 2005, 4:14 AM
Be careful odie... Once you start modding...it's a very slippery slope *LOL*..

Welcome to the forum...
This warning is for real!!! LOL! And it's not a slope... I've been sliding so long it must be a friggin' glacier!!!!
Old 10/15/05, 07:59 AM

Well, I think my plan will be:

1. SCT X-Cal2 with tunes provided by Alternative Auto - Scrming how did you buy all that?

2. Muffler - Do I only need to replace the Muffler, seems like the kits I've seen replace a lot more. Assuming it's just not a Muffler replacement but the pipe behind it too - what does it take to install? Will I have to cut, bend, or weld anything?

3. CAI [this one seems simple]

Oh, so I got a 2006, how does that effect my wish list above? All I see is "2005" parts on the web.

Edit:
Question:
Does anyone know if changing the tune will effect the Mustangs information panel [under speedometer]? It was part of a upgrade package... it shows Average MPH, Average MPG, Gas used, etc.
Old 10/15/05, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, keep in mind the clip on the magnaflow web site is not accurate. Mine definitely sound deep and give my car that muscle car sound. It turns heads all over DC. LOL.

But if you like JBA's, or the really loud flowmasters...go for it.

@odie

Putting a tune on your car will not impact the information panel. 2005 parts are the same for the 06's. I gues ford figured, why mess up a good thing. LOL.

You have two muffler options, axle back which is the muffler itself, or catback which is the pipe behind it, and usually this means a dual option. You can bolt on a GT muffler for like $30 bucks and get a nice deeper sound. You can also get a kit or GT dual take off and have a shop put it on. Or do it yourself if you use clamps.

I went with the GT take off muffler first, took 30 min to install, after that I had magnaflows put on. The GT take off muffler did make a big difference in sound and it seemed to flow better, I had it on for about a month....lol. It's still sitting in my garage...I need to get it on ebay. Heh heh.

Good luck.
Old 10/15/05, 09:02 AM

Naw, duals seems over-kill. Seems from what I read it really does not improve things [other than looks I guess].

When you say "magnaflows", you just changed out Muffler out with a different band/model? I also assume that the GT Muffler would be the Ford GT Stock Muffler?

Edit @ rygenstormlocke
PM me about your GT Muffler... perhaps we can work on a private deal - since it's just laying around.
Old 10/15/05, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Another train of thought: handling. HP upgrades seem to be king but there are also things like wider tires, sway bars and lowering kits that all influence, not how fast you get there in a straight line, but how well you maintain speed thru turns.
Old 10/15/05, 09:14 AM

Agreed MojoKhan but I think starting off with my 3 Item Wish list is a good start - as least for me. I also have to beg my wife and doing the "easier" stuff will increase my chances. Bring up changing the tires and installing lowering kits will get me into the dog house for sure. LMAO!
Old 10/15/05, 09:16 AM

I had to put hardwood floors in the house before I could slip my mods into the budget. LOL. Then bought her a new car...now she says I can put stripes, ducktail spoiler...nitrous...and anything else I want. In comparrison, the mods are cheap compared to buying off the wife!!!

hehheh.
Old 10/15/05, 09:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@October 15, 2005, 9:19 AM
I had to put hardwood floors in the house before I could slip my mods into the budget. LOL. Then bought her a new car...now she says I can put stripes, ducktail spoiler...nitrous...and anything else I want. In comparrison, the mods are cheap compared to buying off the wife!!!

hehheh.

You got off easy. I had to promise mine a baby!
Old 10/15/05, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by MojoKhan@October 15, 2005, 10:22 AM
You got off easy. I had to promise mine a baby!

Nice!!

I already gave her two kids.(the lastest for my big screen tv and surround sound, THX 7.1 system)....but now I created a monster. She wants me to mod her truck. She wants intake, grill proctector...new bumpers...uggggg.
Old 10/15/05, 09:34 AM

Mojo,

What you running on your stang?
Old 10/15/05, 10:26 AM

Well thankfully, I'm not really into many of the appearance mods, only 2 things I'd be interested in are bullit wheels and racing stripes, but they're not that important to me. I would like some better performance (who wouldn't), but I won't go overboard....of course before last night I wasn't even thinking about mufflers....
Old 10/15/05, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by odie3@October 15, 2005, 9:05 AM
Naw, duals seems over-kill. Seems from what I read it really does not improve things [other than looks I guess].

When you say "magnaflows", you just changed out Muffler out with a different band/model? I also assume that the GT Muffler would be the Ford GT Stock Muffler?

Edit @ rygenstormlocke
PM me about your GT Muffler... perhaps we can work on a private deal - since it's just laying around.
Just as a comparison here is my stock V6 muffler and then a clip of the GT takeoff muffler installed. Took me about 30 min to do. Very easy an cheap mod till you can get what you want. Makes a big differance I think.

V6
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?f...BF-E529578DD7B2

GT takeoff
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?f...8D-BC0D2103C725
Old 10/15/05, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GIDDEUP@October 14, 2005, 3:18 PM
Also hadn't seen Lidio's site before. What's the difference between the X-cal 1 and the X-cal 2?

Anyone??
Old 10/15/05, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by GIDDEUP@October 15, 2005, 1:16 PM
Anyone??
The SCT-2 has an LCD screen and tons of extra features. You can change a lot more of the tune yourself. You can actually change the tune as you are loading it. It has data logging. scrming is the resident expert here but you seem like you're in a hurry! I'm sure he'll be along shortly to give you the full story. I wouldn't even think of getting the SCT-1 now that the other one is out. HTH!
Old 10/15/05, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@October 15, 2005, 1:48 PM
The SCT-2 has an LCD screen and tons of extra features. You can change a lot more of the tune yourself. You can actually change the tune as you are loading it. It has data logging. scrming is the resident expert here but you seem like you're in a hurry! I'm sure he'll be along shortly to give you the full story. I wouldn't even think of getting the SCT-1 now that the other one is out. HTH!

yep... i'm here now... just got back from the track! LOL! I had Lidio make a run in my car so I could video it! LOL! I'll try to get the video posted asap....

in the meantime... to answer the question... the X-Cal2 is the way to go... The orig x-cal is just a black box that hold 3 tunes... you push the buttons to get it to load and watch the flashing light to know what it's doing... the x-cal2 has the nice LCD that steps you through the flashing process.. you can now also make changes to the tune right on the X_Cal2! Very very handy! Plus with the x-cal2 you get the datalogging which is useful and very neat... and I've acutally used my x-cal2 now to pull and clear trouble codes...
Old 10/15/05, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@October 15, 2005, 4:06 PM
yep... i'm here now... just got back from the track! LOL! I had Lidio make a run in my car so I could video it! LOL! I'll try to get the video posted asap....

in the meantime... to answer the question... the X-Cal2 is the way to go... The orig x-cal is just a black box that hold 3 tunes... you push the buttons to get it to load and watch the flashing light to know what it's doing... the x-cal2 has the nice LCD that steps you through the flashing process.. you can now also make changes to the tune right on the X_Cal2! Very very handy! Plus with the x-cal2 you get the datalogging which is useful and very neat... and I've acutally used my x-cal2 now to pull and clear trouble codes...
Well, how did it go at the track?

Quick Reply: After Market Improvements?