GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/07, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot something - a telescoping steering wheel or a steering wheel spacer type thing. My arms and legs can't seem to compromise on the perfect seat position.
Old 3/5/07, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
I forgot something - a telescoping steering wheel or a steering wheel spacer type thing. My arms and legs can't seem to compromise on the perfect seat position.
Ford has enough trouble trying to conform to normal expectations, without your physical abnormalities! You freak of nature!
Old 3/5/07, 04:42 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrow

Ew, dude. Just ew.
Why the heck is that "ew"?
Old 3/5/07, 05:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I was thinking the same thing
Old 3/5/07, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I think ew means "eeeewwww" as in no-no, disgusting, no-way, etc. but I could be wrong LOL!
Old 3/5/07, 05:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by tom281
I think ew means "eeeewwww" as in no-no, disgusting, no-way, etc. but I could be wrong LOL!
I figure that's what he meant, but after his prior post, #102, I'm wondering why he would trash someone's idea to delete the antenna?
Old 3/5/07, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Gotta keep the passenger happy and stay in touch with my feminine side (...yeah, I know, but this isn't the right place for that... ...)...

My wife has always had a thing for Stangs and is on her third. How 'bout lighted visor mirrors, at least for the passenger side? Last minute touchups before the final destination. She keeps using the interior lights which can be distracting at night.

+1 on real gauges, but agree that the current IP is awesome looking, just needs a little true functionality.

Factory should have a sunroof option (+1) and the FRPP handling pak should be a build option, not aftermarket.
Old 3/5/07, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

antenna delete is pretty amazing
Old 3/5/07, 07:36 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Budders

antenna delete is pretty amazing
sweet Is the hood open in that pic?
Old 3/6/07, 05:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
center console organizer
Old 3/6/07, 06:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A valet that knows how to drive
Old 3/7/07, 05:30 AM
V6 Member

Mach Type chinspoiler

??Sometimes simple is better
Old 3/7/07, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
It was a joke....unless you like the idea of "filling your body hole"....
I'll remember not to make puns around you anymore. Humor is best used on people who have a sense for it.

Originally Posted by DaddyJ
My wife has always had a thing for Stangs and is on her third. How 'bout lighted visor mirrors, at least for the passenger side? Last minute touchups before the final destination. She keeps using the interior lights which can be distracting at night.
Yeah, I thought that was kinda crappy, too. I've had foreign cars that have cost half as much as my 'Stang, and they've had lighted vanity mirrors. Unless your 'Stang is 100% race, yer gonna want the comforts at some point, especially when the op sex is involved. There's a bit of work needed on the interior design of the S197.

+1 on real gauges, but agree that the current IP is awesome looking, just needs a little true functionality.
Agreed. Even a more accurate gas gage would be useful! Not to mention a true tach. I wonder if there's any way to tweak the existing setup? The stock gages are nice looking, even if they have all the precision of an old man on draino...

Factory should have a sunroof option (+1) and the FRPP handling pak should be a build option, not aftermarket.
Agreed, and agreed. I would have forked out the extra cash to have the suspension upgraded as part of a package with the GT...but it wasn't offered...
Hollandia offers a sunroof for the Mustang that can also be installed by Ford before delivery. The problem is, although Hollandia offers excellent quality sunroofs, they offer only a specific set of designs, and not any tailored for specific model cars. So you can get a sunroof, but it won't be as good as something designed explicitly for the Mustang.

BTW, is anyone actually listening to this thread anymore?
Old 3/7/07, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Here is the one item I cant seem to find.

A mini fuel cell for a stand alone fuel system dedicated for nitrous. Only need to be able to hold 2 quarts ish or so... Mounts under the hood in a convient place, maybe where the batetry is for those that move the battery to the rear, or driver side front where the old air box is at. 2 to 3 mounts and a small custon touch like lazer etching, powder coating or what ever.

and GT 500 front end for cheap, I dont care if it's a true ford part or a slight change to make it a knock off. As long as it fits and is cheaper.
Old 3/7/07, 12:33 PM
GT Member

Pauls High Performance custom fitted '04 and eariler mirros to a s197 long time ago. Cant seem to find pictures but it was on a red stang. I called them and asked and they said it was a pita. If you could make a way to mount '03, '04 cobra mirrors since they fold in that would be money in the bag!

Can't be much more then mold/grafting them onto the mount and making the wires work. Could be a decent investment!
Old 3/7/07, 12:53 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Arrow
It was a joke....unless you like the idea of "filling your body hole"....
I'll remember not to make puns around you anymore. Humor is best used on people who have a sense for it.
Hey, F-off. My sense of humor is just fine, apparantly it's your communication skills that are lacking because I'm not the only one who didn't get your 'joke'. Your 'joke' had no smileys, explination, or any other way to describe humor. And, after seeing the way you needlessly pick apart someones post and imply that they might as well keep their opinions to themselves, there was no reason to assume any 'pun'.
Nowhere in your post did it say anything about filling a body hole. It was about an antenna delete kit, which is a good idea, which is what this thread's about. So, on second thought, maybe you should keep your humor to yourself.

BTW - what is the point of picking apart the post, adding comments like Already mentioned, so I guess this is another vote... I'm sure we're all glad you're here to keep track of things. Nice way to treat a guy with 2 posts, I'm sure he'll be encouraged to share his ideas more often.
Old 3/7/07, 04:19 PM
GTR Member

Old 3/7/07, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
so hows it going?
Old 3/7/07, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone settle down--how about some puppies to diffuse the tension!
Attached Images  
Old 3/7/07, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
those weren't the kind of puppies I was hoping to see........

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...