GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/07, 05:51 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd love to see a slightly scaled down 69 cougar eliminator scoop contoured to fit the s197 hood...I bought a OEM one a while back, love the shape on the car, not too tall etc...but its kinda big- 75% sized would be really cool. I might still bolt it on there, but think more likely I'll just save it for my 69 mustang- it looks perfect on that long hood...cant say if I'd prefer the eliminator or a shaker, but if the eliminator were downsized, I think I'd lean that way.
Old 2/19/07, 05:53 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
The GT500 front end IMO is probably one of the nicest looking Mustangs ever made. Its in the top 3, at least! The body stuff is fun to work with. Let me see what I can mock up.

CR
Tillman Speed
to me the 69/70 shelby with the wraparound bumper was coolest, probably followed by the new shelby, then the standard 69 (I got a standard 69FB in pcs, so am kinda biased)
Old 2/19/07, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
to me the 69/70 shelby with the wraparound bumper was coolest, probably followed by the new shelby, then the standard 69 (I got a standard 69FB in pcs, so am kinda biased)
That's a pretty good list! I think GT500 front fascia's should be standard equiptment!
Old 2/19/07, 11:18 PM

A new wing that looks more like a '67 Shelby wing, and '67 shelby style tail lightts. And I still want gauges like the 2007 Shelby.
Old 2/20/07, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like this thread's turned into the "GT500 Fan Club" thread.

Not that there's anything wrong with the GT500, but that's not the topic of the thread, right?

Old 2/20/07, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor

Very True. We got a little carried away! Back to what should be made!!!
Old 2/20/07, 11:47 AM

Ok so I'm a fan of GT500 stuff, I think it should be made. That's the topic of the thread what I wish they made. Sorry not everyone likes my idea, but it's my idea. I would buy those things if they were made, so someone should make them.
Old 2/20/07, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very True. We got a little carried away! Back to what should be made!!!

I think this has been mentioned before, but how 'bout a boot for the hand brake? I'm always losing crap down inside it. There's probably a couple french fries still in there...

Also, I know this is a bit unusual, but how about a bike rack specifically designed to fit our 'Stangs? You know, the kind that latch onto the trunk. I like to drive up to the local trail and get some excersize, but it's a PITA to get a bike inside this car! Aftermarket bike carrying setups are geared towards minivans and sedans...
Old 2/24/07, 05:27 PM

BIKE RACKS ARE FOR HIPPIES I WILL EAT YOUR GRANOLA FED CHILDREN HIPPIE!

/end unnecessary flaming
Old 2/25/07, 04:31 PM

How about a gauge pod / wiring kit that would replace one or both of the center air vents. Seems like a natural place for more gauges with the round openings and all.
Old 2/27/07, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DavidM
How about a gauge pod / wiring kit that would replace one or both of the center air vents. Seems like a natural place for more gauges with the round openings and all.
Those center vents are too important. Aimed at the shifter, they keep my hand warm when the windows are down during the winter!

Besides, they're the only heat source for the back seats!
Old 2/27/07, 12:21 PM

Well I was thinking more for those hard core guys who just race, the kindov guys that do the rear seat delete thing and so forth.
Old 2/27/07, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DavidM
Well I was thinking more for those hard core guys who just race, the kindov guys that do the rear seat delete thing and so forth.
I know. I'm just fooling with you.

Gages in the vents would be good, but you'd have to have a good vent redirect (don't want to heat-up/freeze your gages) and you'd have to design them so that the face of the gage is turned slightly. The vents ports don't face the driver. If they were mounted straight, the driver would have to lean over to see them....which would suck.
Old 2/27/07, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

My vote's in for a true padded dash. I was looking into this when they came out on the GT500's, but found out you can't purchase just the dash pad, you have to buy the whole dash console, guages, passenger air bag, etc., too. It looked like it was going to be insanely expensive and time consuming so I dropped the idea.

Also was interested in the leather padded armrests that you can now get on 07's, but not in the 05's or 06's.

Also leather boot for the e-brake, that just doesn't stuff into the rubber slot, but actually seals at the rubber and functionally keeps the dirt out.

Performance wise - a 1 piece bolt on driveshaft under $300 bucks. Doesn't have to be aluminium or 700 HP proof, just something that works and gets rid of the sloppy two piece CV joint stocker.

Not that it would probably do much but a rear upper shock mount brace that you can bolt on, for around $100. Only one other mfg makes one, but you have to weld it on.
Old 3/2/07, 10:01 AM
GT Member

BACK TO THE TOPIC! LOL

I like the ideas so far. The ones I'm going to R&D thus far...

Dash pad with gauges
Rear emblem from older mustang gas cap
Shock tower covers
A/C relocation
Rear lip for stock bumper
What...no fog light delete grille?
Old 3/2/07, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
What...no fog light delete grille?
Can't you already find stock GT grills without fog-lights? If Ford doesn't offer the part (I don't know why) you should be able to find them on other sites selling grills.
Old 3/2/07, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford is coming out with one very soon, if you check this boatd you can probably find the part number, check the bullit section
Old 3/2/07, 11:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
Can't you already find stock GT grills without fog-lights? If Ford doesn't offer the part (I don't know why) you should be able to find them on other sites selling grills.
I want a stock looking grille (like the V6 has but won't fit a GT) with the grille horse and no fog lights
Old 3/2/07, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

I’d buy these today if someone made them…

* Replacement panel that adds switches between the A/C, re-circulate and defrost switches
* Shift light that changes the color of the stock tach dial at a programmable RPM
* Steering wheel stereo controls
* Plastic tonneau cover that fits in the trunk
* Integrated key/remote
* Head-up display
* Antenna delete kit that fills the body hole
Old 3/5/07, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Scottbert
* Replacement panel that adds switches between the A/C, re-circulate and defrost switches
The models with heated seats have switches for the seats in those positions. If you were looking to do something else with the switches, I'd suggest getting the parts from Ford and just dropping them in.

* Steering wheel stereo controls
Already mentioned, so I guess this is another vote...

* Plastic tonneau cover that fits in the trunk
CDC makes something along those lines I believe.

* Integrated key/remote
There's a post somewhere in this forum about making your own. I think the only tools you needed were a hacksaw, wire cutters, some glue, and an affection for Dodge keyfob styling...

* Head-up display
Already mentioned, so I guess this is another vote...

* Antenna delete kit that fills the body hole
Ew, dude. Just ew.

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...