GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the gauges, I would like a set where the RPM and MPH gauges are switched. The RPM on the right side where it should be.
Old 2/8/07, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish Ford would have had several more choices with the seats. I would have loved to seen Ford offer Black/Blue inserts in their seats, as well as some other colored inserts. Also, a true aluminum pedal upgrade with deadpedal (like what was in the Ford GT). Also maybe an embossed headrest with the tribar, or GT or pony logo on it. A true factory Ducktail like what Street Scenes sells, not the GT500 one. That would do it for me. Though the fella who mentioned a way to run factory calipers on 14" rotors would be SWEET!! I too can't justify a $2,500 to $3,000 brake upgrade.
Old 2/8/07, 09:01 AM
GT Member

How about a "factory" fog light delete grill with the grille horse for a GT?
Old 2/8/07, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

That grill sounds like a pretty cool idea, actually.
Old 2/8/07, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
That grill sounds like a pretty cool idea, actually.
Well...If you make one, I'll buy it
Old 2/8/07, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
How about a "factory" fog light delete grill with the grille horse for a GT?
Add to it ducting to redirect cold air over to 'aftermarket' CAI area.

or

A GT Grille with the fog light configuration of the V6 Pony Package. I hate the huge fog lights on the GT!

-danny
Old 2/8/07, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

1. A manutronic system for the AT model.

2. Better headlights.

3. A sunroof option. (Hey, I like sunroofs.)

4. Customer colors for the gages that changes ALL gage colors. (hi-beam, OD, etc, should change colors to match the customer color setup.)

5. Better anti-roll equipment. (Weebles have nothing on the S197!)

6. A functional hood-scoop option. (Hey, even a downdraft pipe would be better than a fake bump.)

7. 6-inches less trunk space, 6-inches more backseat-space. (I know it's a coupe, but all my friends who have legs find it difficult.)

8. iPod integration standard. (AUX jack doesn't cut it anymore.)

9. On-wheel stereo controls.

10. Relocate door-mount speakers. (Speaker mounted cleverly right next to leg, so leg can effectively block sound.)

11. Cup-holders in FRONT of shifter, or somewhere else. (Placing them between the console box and the shifter puts any drinks right in the way of getting to the shifter. Which sucks.

12. Relocate antennae to the back. (Preferably to the back left.)

13. Bigger glovebox. (Perhaps one you could actually fit gloves into...or a thimble...)

Okay, rant over. Few more than 4-5, but s'all good. No one get the wrong impression, I LOVE this car...but that doesn't mean it doesn't have stuff to be desired.

*brb, I gotta go kiss my 'Stang*
Old 2/8/07, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Arrow
5. Better anti-roll equipment. (Weebles have nothing on the S197!)
Old 2/8/07, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

17x10 black bullit wheels that weigh about 18lbs
Old 2/8/07, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
...... Please make Steel a strap-on placebo bumper!.. to go with his Curb Feelers.......
LOL... There you go... That's what I'm talking about... not too bright as usual... Actually, you plagiarized my curb feeler comment. Remember, that's what I said to you in a previous post...? Oh well, keep trying
Old 2/8/07, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
Back to the gauges, I would like a set where the RPM and MPH gauges are switched. The RPM on the right side where it should be.
I think you may be able to do this yourself secondly the SVT guages are like that
Old 2/8/07, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cruisin
I think you may be able to do this yourself secondly the SVT guages are like that
I was told different things about this. Someone said you had to have an SVT VIN to be able to reuse the computer settings and mileage. If anyone has any info on this, I would greatly appreciate it. I will do this tomorrow if I could.
Old 2/8/07, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Brake caliper brackets where you can use the stock calipers, but run 14" rotors. This for the front and rear. I just can't see paying $2500 for a brake upgrade.
Baer makes a kit. 14" rotors front 13" rear, slotted, cross-drilled or both. $500 for front and $500 rear
Old 2/8/07, 02:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup Baer makes the +1" conversion kit. Still need upgrade pads and may as well do SS lines, but you can do fron't and rear's cheaper then typical BB kits for just the front. Rear set is a bit of a pain having to remove the axles, but its not rocket science.

Only think I've seen I agree on is the blank grille for GT's. They should make a line option to delete the fogs. problem would be it would be no-cost and you would loose the switch too. So probably would be better as a FRPP part. They would just need to do the V6 grille with an updated rim to fit the V8.
Old 2/8/07, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I would like to see something that made the STOCK gauges (oil press, temp, amps) read correctly. Right now they are "dummy" gauges. Ever notice that the amp meter and oil press. gauges NEVER change, no matter what as long as the actual values are not in the danger area. If oil pressure drops to say, 2lbs, the oil press. gauge reads "0", and lights up red. Otherwise the gauge reads the same at 20lbs as it does 80lbs. Same for amps. As long as the battery isn't dead, it reads the same. Useless. Temp. gauge is better, but once again it reads the same as long as the temp is above 160 I think (not exactly sure what exact temp it is). Same readings from 160? to like 240. Once it reaches 160, the gauge will not go any higher no matter the engine temp. unless it is dangerous temps. Useless.

I would like to see an aftermarket soultion WITHOUT adding extra aftermarket gauge pods. Hooking a working sending unit into the stock gauges would be ideal to me. I'm sure it is complicated, but I would buy it if possible! I bought the upgraded dash partly for the extra gauges, not for USLESS gauges!!
I agree. Gauges. Years ago I changed out the dash on my Buick to the stock appearing "GNX style" round gauges, and though even then it wasn't cheap [the kit came with all the senders], it was one of the best mods I've made on it. I still smile when I look down and see the actual oil pressure or the boost with NUMBERS on them...

Mike E
Old 2/8/07, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

How about an easy way to finally get rid of that ridiculous traction control along with the button that lights up when it's off?

A kit to raise the passenger seat [I know that someome here did a heckuva job showing how to do it yourself a while ago].

Mike E
Old 2/8/07, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
LOL... There you go... That's what I'm talking about... not too bright as usual... Actually, you plagiarized my curb feeler comment. Remember, that's what I said to you in a previous post...? Oh well, keep trying
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
... Oh yeah, you were wrong about the Vet too... . A little more on-line research is needed from you . I usually don't go below 120 mph; even in my driveway. I guess mine is functional . Great insight!

Number 1 if you would actually read the posts! you would realize I said nothing about the Corvette!.. and from the list of your Mods a spoiler would not be apropreate... but curb feelers would!! and I would be willing to bet the only time you have seen 120 MPH is on TV...so grow up! Sweet Pea!!..
Steel your memory is poor! probably damaged from sitting in your car in the garage all the time! ...Note the above post! nov,24 you will find that it pre-dates your curb feeler comment!... So get it straight ! and keep practicing your right turns !......Goat Boy!
Old 2/8/07, 03:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

a cover like the one from scott drake that covers the lines on the dome lights but has holes for the motion sensors
Old 2/8/07, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor

This is some of the most interesting stuff. I thought this thread would be like some standard improvements. This is some off the wall stuff! I LOVE IT!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/8/07, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rear window louvers like the Saleen/Parnelli Jones that they're not going to release to the public.

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...