GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
BACK TO THE TOPIC! LOL

I like the ideas so far. The ones I'm going to R&D thus far...

Dash pad with gauges
Rear emblem from older mustang gas cap
Shock tower covers
A/C relocation
Rear lip for stock bumper
Add gauges with the tach and speedo switched and I'd say you've got yourself a good list.
Old 2/10/07, 12:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GoFaster
Oh, and one more thing: a hidden or integrated antenna. My 01 Accord had one, why the hell can't an 07 Mustang come without some giant whip antenna straight off a PRC-77?
I don't know why ANY cars have an antenna anymore. The whole concept of a mast sticking out of the body is outdated and rediculous. Reception equipment is so much better today, there's no need for all that crap. It just ruins the appearance of the car, gets in the way of car covers, and gets bent over 120. Not to mention the stock antenna is disgustingly tall. Unless they're trying to do deep-space research, 36" is moronic.

All recieving equip should be built into the body these days. Not only does it provide a cleaner look, but its safer for the equipment.

...okay, done ranting...
Old 2/10/07, 12:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Good Rant BTW
I wish Someone made a hard shell top for a 2005-2007 Mustang Convertable , like BMW's as well Mercedes Benz have to replace the cloth in colder rainy,snowy weather conditions !
Old 2/10/07, 04:26 AM
V6 Member

i think if there would be some way in puttign a bigger engine into the new 07s without needing to change too much , i probably sound liek an idiot now but , is there neough space for a big block in there or even the shelby 5.4 ?
Old 2/10/07, 04:58 AM

A printing press to crank out more money as more mods are required.
Old 2/10/07, 05:22 AM

1... Better seats (think Recaro or Sparco... Recaros were offered as an option around 1980... how about now?)
2... Six speed manual in the GT
3... For the folks who like/want an automatic, how about a sport shift mode with paddles for the 5R55S (or, better yet, a six-speed auto with paddles).
4... IRS. I know the current live axle handles well, but has its' limitations... especially on rough New England pavement!
5... A sound system delete option... have all of the wiring there... this would make it easier for a customer who plans on immediate upgrades.
Old 2/10/07, 06:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Arrow
I don't know why ANY cars have an antenna anymore. The whole concept of a mast sticking out of the body is outdated and rediculous. Reception equipment is so much better today, there's no need for all that crap. It just ruins the appearance of the car, gets in the way of car covers, and gets bent over 120. Not to mention the stock antenna is disgustingly tall. Unless they're trying to do deep-space research, 36" is moronic.

All recieving equip should be built into the body these days. Not only does it provide a cleaner look, but its safer for the equipment.

...okay, done ranting...
I'm with ya brother...
Old 2/10/07, 07:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jskibisky
2... Six speed manual in the GT
3... For the folks who like/want an automatic, how about a sport shift mode with paddles for the 5R55S (or, better yet, a six-speed auto with paddles).
I'm with you there bro... I don't understand why Ford doesn't offer a six speed option of the 6 speed they were gonna put in the Sport Trak they were doing for SVT. But then again they would most likely have some weird allocation plan that would make it a pain to get them... Just like getting a 5 speed manual has been for some.
Old 2/10/07, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by dr awesome
Also, how long did it take to find a picture of a hillbilly wedding, link the URL, add it to the forum and then think of something witty to say about it?
Not long... just type "Camaro Owner Registry" into Google and you get 1000's of toothless redneck pics to choose from.

Originally Posted by dr awesome
Also, it took Ford 10 years to match the horsepower of the '93 Camaro. You were saying something about GM?
Still living in the past, eh? Welcome to the present: '05 Mustang vs '05 Camaro

Old 2/10/07, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
BACK TO THE TOPIC! LOL

I like the ideas so far. The ones I'm going to R&D thus far...

Dash pad with gauges
Rear emblem from older mustang gas cap
Shock tower covers
A/C relocation
Rear lip for stock bumper
Hey Tillman.

Just to add to the A/c relocation, please don't forget the bottom row of buttons. The rear defrost is in the absolute worse spot.
TIA
Old 2/10/07, 01:46 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brad mentioned this in another thread, but:

I wish for a factory looking front fascia that has fog lights built into the lower part (below the front turn signals like on the GT 500).

I also wish for an aftermarket hood that has a funtional center ramair scoop that is molded into the hood. Like the 65-66 GT 350 hood and scoop.
Old 2/10/07, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I wish for a factory looking front fascia that has fog lights built into the lower part (below the front turn signals like on the GT 500).
I will definitely second that.
Old 2/10/07, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gremlin190
I was actually going to Pm you Tillman for this, but I decided not to. I didn't think there would be enogh people liking this idea to justify it, bu5t here goes:

Swap the position of the buttons on top of the center console with the air condition controls.

I drive a five speed and when in fifth gear it is almost impossible to adjust the air condition and IS impossible to see the setting that it is on. Also, I use the A/c controls a whole lot more then the info, setting, tcs , hazard button.
Don't we all drive five-speeds?

I know when someone says five-speed they usuually mean manual but I wish we had a six speed!

Tillman...that's not my official request, I'm just being a smart-a$$.
Old 2/10/07, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK here's my wishlist:
  1. Overhead console with storage bins for glasses, etc. - has to look OEM though!
  2. Taller shifter handle that works with the stock shifter. I like the tall Hurst handle but then I have to replace the actual shifter. The cup holders are basically unusable on a five-speed(manual) and the **** should be high enough so you don't have far to go from the steering wheel to the shifter - like on the Ford GT.
  3. Spoiler Delete Kit - I have no creative ideas on how to do so but I really like the clean spoiler-less look but don't want to fill and paint.
  4. Key w/integrated remote fob. There's a thread on this but I wish someone would make it!
  5. Aluminum vented hood - scoop or not I want vents like on '67-'68 Shelby hood. Maybe this would help the hood lifting problem I have.
Good Luck!
Old 2/10/07, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
The overhead console was on my list too but I forgot to mention it........ thanks!
Old 2/11/07, 01:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
  1. Spoiler Delete Kit - I have no creative ideas on how to do so but I really like the clean spoiler-less look but don't want to fill and paint.
Then why'd you get it with the spoiler?

Old 2/11/07, 01:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, just stumbled across these, for those looking for strut-tower covers:
http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...=49&Itemid=104
Old 2/11/07, 05:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

+ 3 on the overhead console
Old 2/11/07, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
Then why'd you get it with the spoiler?

I purchased during the zero% special and had to take from dealer stock. Not too many Legend Lime Spoiler Deletes at that time. In fact the only spoiler deletes in my area at the time were "Deluxe" models and I wanted leather, etc.

Believe me if I could have timed everything right I would have ordered it exactly the way I wanted it. I also have Dark IUP and thought I wanted the Satin but I actually like the Dark IUP better now that I've had it for a while. So it turns out the Spoiler Delete is the only thing I really have a problem living with.
Old 2/11/07, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

LOL @ Camaro owners registry!

I'm working on some of this stuff this weekend already. I got out the fiberglass, resin, and I'm already covered from head to toe.

CR
Tillman Speed

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...