"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 04:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
... Oh yeah, you were wrong about the Vet too... . A little more on-line research is needed from you . I usually don't go below 120 mph; even in my driveway. I guess mine is functional . Great insight!

Number 1 if you would actually read the posts! you would realize I said nothing about the Corvette!.. and from the list of your Mods a spoiler would not be apropreate... but curb feelers would!! and I would be willing to bet the only time you have seen 120 MPH is on TV...so grow up! Sweet Pea!!..
Steel your memory is poor! probably damaged from sitting in your car in the garage all the time! ...Note the above post! nov,24 you will find that it pre-dates your curb feeler comment!... So get it straight ! and keep practicing your right turns !......Goat Boy!
There's that senseless babble that I missed... LOL. Dude, get a life. I can't believe that you actually researched MSF archives. You are truly a loser.
BTW, Have you actually responded to the thread's inquiry, or are you stalking me again . Some closing advice: Take a course in English grammar, and learn how to write before joining any forums. Spell check software wouldn't hurt either... Keep trying Goat boy, babbbhaaa...
Old 2/8/07, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone else confused by all this. With all the smileys, I thought it was an inside joke at first, but it's obviously not.

So, to stop it before it gets worse....
Old 2/8/07, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Is anyone else confused by all this. With all the smileys, I thought it was an inside joke at first, but it's obviously not.

So, to stop it before it gets worse....
Oh, it's a joke alright... We're just busting chops. I hope nobody was offended. Scottie and I go way back.
Old 2/8/07, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Gotcha...thanks for clarifying
Old 2/8/07, 05:19 PM

That's easy for me... lightweight 15" drag wheels that clear the calipers and aren't priced like they are made of gold. Everyone else can buy a 15x10 Weld wheel for $200... why can't we!
Old 2/8/07, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor

^ +11111111111!! Bogart wheels now come with a Rolex I think!
Old 2/8/07, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I though noone would ever ask!

I was actually going to Pm you Tillman for this, but I decided not to. I didn't think there would be enogh people liking this idea to justify it, bu5t here goes:

Swap the position of the buttons on top of the center console with the air condition controls.

I drive a five speed and when in fifth gear it is almost impossible to adjust the air condition and IS impossible to see the setting that it is on. Also, I use the A/c controls a whole lot more then the info, setting, tcs , hazard button.

Also, I like these ideas

1. Better headlights. (HID that cost around 400, not 800)

2. Customer colors for the gages that changes ALL gage colors. (hi-beam, OD, etc, should change colors to match the customer color setup.)

3. On-wheel stereo controls. (thought about making an universal control for this one... hell, that still isn't a bad idea, they make them for tv's, why not car stereos?)

4. Cup-holders in FRONT of shifter, or somewhere else. (Placing them between the console box and the shifter puts any drinks right in the way of getting to the shifter. Which sucks.

5. A functional hood-scoop option. (Hey, even a downdraft pipe would be better than a fake bump.) The reason why I don't have one! And not the shaker one either

That is all for now

P.S. Most of this post was shamelessly ripped from Arrow's post. Thanks for the ideas!
Old 2/8/07, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...highlight=list
Old 2/8/07, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Oh, it's a joke alright... We're just busting chops. I hope nobody was offended. Scottie and I go way back.

Hey STS, what don't you like about this one? http://www.lmperformance.com/5917/73.html
Old 2/8/07, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

Sorry, didn't realize there was already one of these posts floating around.

I like the AC controls idea. I also like the idea of a rear bumper lip only. Hmmmm
Old 2/8/07, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed

I like the AC controls idea. I also like the idea of a rear bumper lip only. Hmmmm
Didn't mean to be a smarta$$, just posting up some other opinions that were floating around....... I still wish someone made a replacement dashpad and I'm still waiting for the TS blowers to come down.
Old 2/8/07, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor

I'm trying to think of a way to make the dash pad not look cheap like your typical one. There's got to be a way. And the gauge has to be subtle, and can't just stick out of nowhere. I'm following you on that one!
Old 2/8/07, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm trying to think of a way to make the dash pad not look cheap like your typical one. There's got to be a way. And the gauge has to be subtle, and can't just stick out of nowhere. I'm following you on that one!
That would be hot!
Old 2/8/07, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I second both of those.

The only downfall with the ac relocation is the kit would have to include harness extenders. I don't believe the factory wiring is long enough. I wish I could draw, I would make a pic for you!

Another idea I have is for a real billet grille that you don't just bolt onto the existing grille, but changes out the oem one for this one AND retains the fog lights... I liked the idea for a grill for the gt that was based on the Pony package grille also, I don't think the "Rally" lights look the best for this car. I won't buy a grill until I find one that exchanges the factory grill and retains the fog lights! Also, it definetly would improve air flow to the engine because it would have less holes covered up.
Old 2/8/07, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GPStang06
That would be hot!

Hey GPStang06, long-time / no-talk; how you been?

Regarding the dashpad, I remember back in the early '90s when I managed a highend audio/video shop and the IROC Z28's were still around and popular from the mid to late '80s...... There was a company (that I can't remember the name) who manufactured replacement dashpads that came prepped with a center-channel speaker opening in the middle of the new pad. We used to combine the new pad with the early generation DSP units that were available, and it was a pretty slick sounding and looking deal. You literally unbolted the stock dashpad (just a bunch of 7mm bolts), installed the new speaker(s) in the new pad, and bolted the new one in place.

That's what I picture for these cars- the long, flat panel reminds me (eek!) of the Z28s of that era and I could see how easy it would be to yank it and install the revised model with the gauge pods molded into it. I like the idea of the CDC three-gauge pod, but it just looks tacked on. I wouldn't mind that same pod, just molded into the pad to look like factory. That, IMO, would be kickass.
Old 2/8/07, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

I wonder how hard it is to get ahold of a stock dash pad... cheap.
Old 2/8/07, 07:19 PM
GTR Member

1. calipers that look like Brembos but fit stock rotors
2. billet switch plates
3. bolt on rear diffuser
4. pre cut and sized steel braided hose kit for engine bay
5. cal dreamin aluminum hood(Or more choices in aluminum)
Old 2/8/07, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
5. cal dreamin aluminum hood(Or more choices in aluminum)
I hear ya on that one. Bloody fiberglass...I ain't put'n those ugly hood-pins on my beauty! Whatever happened to good ol' fashion metal....not to mention a nice lightweight honeycomb aluminum sandwiched section. Tough as nails and light as silk. Besides, we're not ricers. If our hoods weigh more than 20lbs, we're not screwed...
Old 2/8/07, 07:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
I hear ya on that one. Bloody fiberglass...I ain't put'n those ugly hood-pins on my beauty! Whatever happened to good ol' fashion metal....not to mention a nice lightweight honeycomb aluminum sandwiched section. Tough as nails and light as silk. Besides, we're not ricers. If our hoods weigh more than 20lbs, we're not screwed...
I never really understood the concept of lightweight hoods on front wheel drive cars. Yes, it takes away weight, therefore HP to weight ratio is higher. But, at the same time, it takes away traction
Old 2/8/07, 08:03 PM
Cobra R Member

dont know if this was mentioned.

a gt500 front end that uses the stock gt grill foglights.

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...