GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

TUNES- Race, Torque, & Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/06, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thecarguy
I just don't know how else to say it... I have gone back and forth between the 91 torque and 91 race, and besides the snappier throttle response of the race tune, the 91 torque feels stronger.

Let me expand a little on this, someone else said the race tune feels like the torque down low with more up top - I disagree. To me the top end of the torque feels just as strong as the race with a little added down low. Am I the only one that feels this way?
I'll let you know as I'm about to load the 93 tq. To be honest, I didn't really notice an extreme difference between the 87 performance and the 93 race. I'm going to wait until I go through a whole tank on 93 octane before I make my finale assessment. Something else that I noticed with the 87 performane tune was that the exhaust sounder louder than the 93 race, however, the race seemed more refined with a better tone. Does that make sense. Nonetheless, It's great to have a forum like this to educate us noobs...lol
Old 11/29/06, 03:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

C&L street CAI Quality is unsurpassed ! and I run "brenspeed.com" tunes go to Brents web sight ! watch his video's ...brenspeed knows the Stang! better than most ! and by the way! you can always trust Gear Heads from Indiana!... you can take that to bank! or better yet the track!...
Old 12/1/06, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005sonicgt
I hear that the JLT is excellent btw.
Oh yeah, it is![/quote]

I'll second that - had the JLT II on my '05 GT and loved it!! Plus Jay is a stand up guy who will make sure you are satified with his products!
Old 12/2/06, 06:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I posted this in another thread, but will reiterate as it is applicable...
I am running the race tune now and it is OK for everyday use- no problems in parking lots, garages, etc, and it does have some zipppp! Being new to tunes I guess I expected more... Don’t get me wrong, comparing no tune to a tune is insane, however, comparing different octanes/type tunes is not as dramatic. Generic scale of 1-10: No tune vs. tune = 8, 87 vs. 93 = 1.5, 93 tq vs. 93 race = 1. IMO a tune is a MUST, but if you’re expecting a great range with "tunes", and octanes, you’ll be disappointed. To be honest, so far for everyday use, I thought that the 87 performance tune was fine. I'm still experimenting though and may change my opinion, but that's my preliminary evaluation thus far.
Old 12/2/06, 07:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
.........you can always trust Gear Heads from Indiana!... you can take that to bank! or better yet the track!...

Old 12/2/06, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

.........you can always trust Gear Heads from Indiana!... you can take that to bank! or better yet the track!...

hoosier..daddy!
Old 12/6/06, 06:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I posted "this" in another thread, but decided to repost as I started this threat. I finally loaded my 93 torque tune tonight. I found that the 93 race tune, that I've been running the past few weeks, pulled just as good as the torque. Not only does the 93 race pull just as hard, it continues to pull throughout... I don't know why anyone would run the 93 torque if you have the race available . I only wish that I had the 93 performance to compare with...
Old 12/6/06, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I posted "this" in another thread, but decided to repost as I started this threat. I finally loaded my 93 torque tune tonight. I found that the 93 race tune, that I've been running the past few weeks, pulled just as good as the torque. Not only does the 93 race pull just as hard, it continues to pull throughout... I don't know why anyone would run the 93 torque if you have the race available . I only wish that I had the 93 performance to compare with...
Steel you kill me man!.... I'm just pull'in some chain don't get freaky on me! I'm running 93 performance from brenspeed I like it, but I am thinking about trying some other tuner's and don't tell me Doug rock's please!.. he's on my list...have you learned how to turn right yet!
Old 12/6/06, 08:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Steel you kill me man!.... I'm just pull'in some chain don't get freaky on me! I'm running 93 performance from brenspeed I like it, but I am thinking about trying some other tuner's and don't tell me Doug rock's please!.. he's on my list...have you learned how to turn right yet!
Doug ROCKS!!! Go kick Dozer... BTW, where did you catch that STD, Tiffany? Just pulling some chain
Old 12/6/06, 09:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Doug ROCKS!!! Go kick Dozer... BTW, where did you catch that STD, Tiffany? Just pulling some chain
Dozer, never met a leg he didn't like!.. ... Doug may rock! but are his tunes any better than other tuner Guru's... and I'm not trying to start any tuner wars here! but some dyno comparisons would be interesting!..and yes Steel, Tiffany is pretty hot!