GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

TCI 5R55S Super StreetFighter

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/08, 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TCI 5R55S Super StreetFighter

Anyone having any experience off there’s TCI 5R55S? And got it? I ordered my in April, first deliver was set too June 3 then it moved too June 22 and now July 12?? I’m wondering what next date will be?

So I’m wondering if anyone has got there 5R55S and what there experience are? Do they deliver or are they just talking?

I started to contact them already in Nov 2007 and first the 5R55S was not availably until Jan, but then they had no price an now it seams they don’t have any gearbox availably?

Please feel free to let me know Lennart
Old 6/26/08, 07:07 AM

You're talking about TCI. They were promising a ratchet shifter for the 5R55S and they never produced it but have advertised it for like a year. Complete vaporware in my opinion. The transmissions have been advertised and have never been avaialable. Frankly, my experience and contacts in this hobby have kept me from buying anything from TCI, as their products have not the best reputation.
The list of modifications TCI has posted that they are doing to the 5R55S transmission is pretty short.
I have a Level 10 Stage III and it has more beefed up parts. Larrys transmissions in CA has a kit they install which includeds a forged input shaft. Either choice is better than TCI empty promises.
Old 6/26/08, 12:27 PM
V6 Member

Thank you uberPony

Thats what i was suspecting, promises promises but no action thats my experience also. Anyone else?
Old 7/2/08, 03:17 AM
V6 Member

Hi again uberPony
I have got som more info about TCI and it seams like your right on the spot. They have problem deliver because they have a core problem. And the "supergearbox" isnt much of super, all they do is to change some band pretty much, so all you get is an overhaul old gerbox and som new band!? that is if you get one? So I will cancel my order, since they dont even bouther to reply my effort to get in contact to them.
Old 7/2/08, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

TCI is full of it. the shifter and trans will never see production was a nice idea tho.i even called them about the shifter and the person just started laughing . but i do say that they have a great advertising dept
Old 7/8/08, 01:50 PM
V6 Member

Today i got the new Mustangs & Fast Fords and on page 167 TCI has an ad about two new? 5R55S one spec up to 850 hp and the one i order as an 650 hp is now spec 1200 hp!!??

I don't understand anything but then again since they dont ship any i guess they can say anything they want? for ex they can say they never had any problems to there set up on the 5R55S:

Im confused and frustrated since they dont even answer my e-mail anymore. So i guess i can even cansel my order? Allready payd stupid me.
Old 7/8/08, 03:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

if you have payed and havent recieved it yet file a complaint with the better business bureau
Old 7/8/08, 06:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
You could try contacting Brenspeed...... I believe they were expecting some of these units, they could maybe atleast confirm or deny the availability.
Old 7/24/08, 05:10 AM
V6 Member

TCI what a bull**** company. Yesterday they say they can put a gearbox toghether in two weeks? Ive been waiting for three month now. Wy would I believe them now?

I canselled the order, or more correct they did by not shiping my payd gearbox. I dont want to have anything more to do about them ever.

By the way, the ney Super Street Fighter they advertice has not yet left the drawingbord!? how about that?

The coming winter i will try too see if i can get someone to fix me an Hi performance gearbox? Any tip is welcome.

Do some burneouts for me out there folks
Old 7/24/08, 11:37 AM

Old 8/4/08, 06:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I was thinking about this over the weekend when I was with the Brenspeed crew.

Brenspeed has ordered, received, and installed 3 (THREE) of these transmissions, two of which are in their own shop cars and the third is in a customer's car. They are performing flawlessly.

As I suggested previously (but obviously was ignored) you should try contacting Brenspeed about these transmissions.
Old 8/5/08, 10:25 AM

Funny how TCI wont sell him one though.
I like Brent but TCI is another story.
Old 8/5/08, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I was thinking about this over the weekend when I was with the Brenspeed crew.

Brenspeed has ordered, received, and installed 3 (THREE) of these transmissions, two of which are in their own shop cars and the third is in a customer's car. They are performing flawlessly.

As I suggested previously (but obviously was ignored) you should try contacting Brenspeed about these transmissions.
Hi Tom, no you was not ignored. I juat dont see how Brenspeed could help me? If TCI dont have any gearbox for me how should Brenspeed help? Ok maybe you meen I buy from them? Ok then but i have already put out money for one gearbox and i dont have money to spend on anotherone? Maybe TCI just feel they can ignore me because im from Sweden and im not that importen as Brenspeed? Thanks anyway for the tip it was not my mening to ignore you, sorry if you feel that way.

To make some things clear, i ordered the gearbox in mid Maj and the gearbox was set to be shipped 3 of june, then it was change four times and the last I heard was two weeks ago they said they could have a gearbox for me in "another" two weeks?? How would you think after 3 month waiting? I canseled the gearbox and have now let someone here in Sweden to fix may gearbox here and we have got som Hi performance stuff from Level 10, thanks for that. I just wish i had done that from the first time. Now I missed the whole summer here in Sweden, Thanks TCI. Maybe i can make it up next summer?

Buy the way, no money have yet been payd back??
Old 8/5/08, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by uberPony
Funny how TCI wont sell him one though.
I like Brent but TCI is another story.
Well I don't know, maybe they won't now. Have you contacted them about getting one and when did you do so? Like I said, they've installed atleast one of these in a customer's car and come to think of it, I think they've actually installed 2 into customer's cars not counting their shop cars.

Not trying to pick a fight here, so I apologize if that's how it seems. I'm only replying in this thread because there are people saying that these transmissions don't exist, and I just talked to several people 2 days ago that own them..... that's all.

Originally Posted by lelle106
To make some things clear, i ordered the gearbox in mid Maj and the gearbox was set to be shipped 3 of june, then it was change four times and the last I heard was two weeks ago they said they could have a gearbox for me in "another" two weeks?? How would you think after 3 month waiting? I canseled the gearbox and have now let someone here in Sweden to fix may gearbox here and we have got som Hi performance stuff from Level 10, thanks for that. I just wish i had done that from the first time. Now I missed the whole summer here in Sweden, Thanks TCI. Maybe i can make it up next summer?

Buy the way, no money have yet been payd back??
I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. I would be very upset too. I do not work for Brenspeed nor do I work for TCI. I was only posting to let people know that "YES", these transmissions do indeed exist. Maybe they've recently stopped production- that I do not know. I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Old 8/5/08, 07:34 PM

Maybe Brent White has an inside line to TCI but several people have posted in last month that they could not get one shipped. I believe you that he has installe some but it seems others cant get them.

You should be just fine with the Level 10 kit. I have their stage III tranny and it has held up well to my abuse.
Old 8/7/08, 10:07 AM
Cobra Member

I went with Level10 as well.

If you already have an automatic car, perhaps consider pulling it out and sending it to Tony at Larry's Transmission in SoCal. They have rebuilt quite a few of the 5R55s for the guys running out of ST Motorsports.
Old 8/11/08, 07:31 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the tip Hagman, but to send the gearbox over the Atlantic is not an option. Who nows when its back?

I will try to find an gearbox in US and see if i can get it fixed there and then have it shipped over to me in Sweden. Hope for the best.

Mentime i have to live with my new Challenger that i picked up last week, nr 586.
Old 8/11/08, 04:11 PM
GT Member

anyone watch metalocalypse? reading lelle106's posts reminds me of Skwisgar Skwigelf. lol

no offense, i love that show. sorry to hear your getting screwed over on your transmission. a similar thing happened to me with my last car. i was having it converted from auto to manual and it was only supposed to take about 10 days but they ended up having the car for 3 months!
Old 8/11/08, 11:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lelle106
Thanks for the tip Hagman, but to send the gearbox over the Atlantic is not an option. Who nows when its back?

I will try to find an gearbox in US and see if i can get it fixed there and then have it shipped over to me in Sweden. Hope for the best.

Mentime i have to live with my new Challenger that i picked up last week, nr 586.

wow...new challenger...i am not jealous at all. i just want you to know that.