GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are these SLP Loudmouth pipes similar to the Glasspacks of "Years Gone By" anybody? If so I know what a difference they make on acceleration noise. Many a times I had to push the clutch in as I cruised by a police car just to keep from drawing unwanted attention.
Old 5/5/05, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

These are just 2 1/2 inch ss pipe with 3 1/2" tips, no restriction at all. Just straight pipe. It's not loud at all unless your in it. My wife's truck has glass packs and it's just as loud as my car now.
Old 5/5/05, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

I need a little input, 1st of all, these things sound SWEET! That being said, I may have a little issue, I plan on getting some JBA Longtubes and dumping my cats, I fear these 3 together would be WAY too loud. Thoughts?
Old 5/5/05, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Can you say dragster/NASCAR sounding..........
Old 5/5/05, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

JBA long tubes... no cats, SLP loudmouth = STRAIGHT PIPES.

So you may or may not have a problem depending how you look at it. When I get home, I have a vid of a 2004 GT with long tubes, no cats, SLP loudmouths, and cams. I will post it.
Old 5/5/05, 01:46 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

once you get used them - they arent too bad.. just startling at first - since they are so much better than the stock sound

since i put them on theres a big grin factor when I get on it.... they are awesome.

took a co-worker for a ride today - if they were too loud she would have said so.. she thought they sounded good.
Old 5/5/05, 04:00 PM

For anyone not wanting to wait for shipping, i went to Performance muffler here in Vegas. They put 2.5 inch pipe with 3.5 inch chrome double wall tips in about 2 hours, ( removing the stock Muffler of course) for $150 cash. No mine doesn't say SLP on it, but sounds like it. I have guys in Firebirds (the WS 5.6) pull up and say they dig the sound from the pipes. Dude no mufflers is the way to go. I will to post some viseo to see if they sound the same. the videos don't sond near as good
as when your right there.
Old 5/5/05, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

good call man! i am doing the same thing!!

I had loudmouths on order for 2 weeks and i guess they have been waiting for more tips to be manufactured. I will be having rowdy exhaust by the weekend!!!

woohooo!
Old 5/5/05, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

56k beware, these files have not been compressed. These clips sound very very close to in person audio quality of my vehicle.

SLP Loudmouth Exterior 9megs

SLP Loudmouth Interior w/ Tach 5megs

Enjoy!

-Dan
Old 5/5/05, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds good!! Very familiar!

Let it idle more though! it sounds just as cool at idle as when you rev it!
Old 5/5/05, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

here is a mustang with cams, headers, an off road H pipe (no cats) and SLP Loudmouths.

Right Click, Save As: http://ikeadan69.rickysanders.net/cams.mpeg
Old 5/5/05, 09:47 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Okay - I admit it - they are really awesome.. and I am really glad I installed them
Old 5/6/05, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that this has been discussed before but I need a honest answer. Do the loudmouths drone very loud? I have magnapacks now and at 2000 RPM it drones bad enough to give me a head ache (if I'm on the gas that is). Don't get me wrong, the Magnapacks sound great, its just at around 2000 RPM if feels like your head is going to explode. I really like straight through pipes but the drone kills me.
Old 5/6/05, 12:12 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

with SLPs there isnt a drone, just when accelerating and especially when getting on it. when mashing the pedal its loud. at around 2100 rpms - they are pretty quiet. not too bad at all.

if the magna packs are giving you headaches. I dont think you will appreciate the SLPs either.
Old 5/6/05, 12:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

its ok if they are really loud, its just when on the highway going 65 MPH with the cruse control on that there is the very low bass loud drone that bugs me. Its the resonance that is the problem. I am also researching bassani as well. Once again, I like them loud but just not the resonance. Thanks for your input.
Old 5/6/05, 08:08 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

well if loud doesnt bother you then the slps are great when you get on it. When cruising the slps are pretty good They really mellow out.
Old 5/6/05, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

The drone on the SLPs is only when giving it gas, and is EXTREMELY short lived.

I drive 70 or so miles a day on the freeway, and the drone doesnt bother me.
Old 5/6/05, 09:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

thanks for your input. Since I haven't had my magnapacks very long I'm going to at least give them a chance to grow on me for a while longer and if they don't I will try the loudmouths. Good thing that they aren't as expensive as other exhausts.
Old 5/9/05, 10:14 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

All my coworkers are raving about the sound of the SLPs and today a Guy in black gt pulled up next to me at a stop lite and asked about my exhaust. He has flowmaster and prefered the sound and look of my SLPs... that pretty much sold me - Im keeping them on.
Old 5/14/05, 03:22 PM

Based on Jordan's clip I ordered a set of SLP Loudmouths. Have had them on for about a week. Really do love 'em. A few things I've noticed:

1) After 3-4 days they seem to break-in a bit. Maybe just a tad mellower than the first 5 minutes I had them. Could of course be me breaking-in to the SLPs and getting used to them too. They really are "just-right" in my book. Not too loud.
2) Does seem to be a slight subjective power gain. But it is slight at best.
3) They are clearly a bit louder when the car is cold. Nothing better than a cold start in the garage with my co-workers around. They just drool.
4) No drone problems in my book. I do notice there is a "spot" right at about 2000 RPM when you are tipped in on the throttle that a resonnance it quite perceptable. But at any other RPM its just not there, and again a few days go by and you get more and more used to it.
5) The WOW factor is huge. I already had almost every stranger at every gas station gawk. But now it is every stranger and their dog. Seriously, the compliments just roll in.
6) I would add that I had the SLPs installed at a professional muffler shop. The shop manager told me in no uncertain terms the system would NOT pass Missouri inspection (good thing my current one is valid for 2 years!). Of course, he said you can always try to find some rural gas station that needs an extra $20. But that any reputable inspector would fail me. Apparently MO law requires the presence of a "muffler"....and these resonator tips DO NOT qualify. Might be worth double checking in your state despite the 50 state claim SLP makes.

Thanks again to Jordan for the post. And thanks to LMPerformance for the speedy shippment. Really one of the best mods out there for the $.

Quick Reply: SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.