GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/05, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, as some of you saw, my mustang is here ( http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=21570 ) and as I promised, here is the poo on the SLP Loudmouths.

First, before I get started, I LOVE THEM! for anybody worried that they are too loud, they are not, they are just perfect. Infact, there is little to no difference in the noise level inside the car (except above about 4500rpms, and there is NO drone except when you are giving it gas at 2300 rpms, but it goes away very quickly, and is barely noticable. For me, I dont think it is loud enough.... if I wasnt in CA, I would put an off road H pipe on for sure, but because I cant do that, this is as close as I can get. In my opinion, this should be the only after market muffler for this car, I mean, it gets it done like no other .

So anyway. Installation:

It went pretty smooth. I used 2 jack stands, and one floor jack (see pix) and only let the car cool down about 30 minutes . It was the stock mufflers came off pretty easily, except for taking off the hanger that is right above the muffler, because mine were still hot, and the was VERY little room to wrench. But after they came off (I did one side at a time), the SLPs went on VERY easily, and putting the hanger was much easier because of the lack of mufflers . The hardest part, was trying to decide if I had the tips even, and how much I wanted them to stick out the back. And let me tell you, the stock mufflers are HEAVY! All you need are a 1/2" and 5/8" wrench..... but I suggest sockets, extentions, and hand wrenches for all the different angles you will be working with.

Sound:

As soon as I started it up, the car backfired like a female dog, but after a minute of idleing, when i revved it, it stopped. The sound isnt much different than stock.... unless you are behind the car. Then....... what can I say? It $%&#ing RIPS. I am VERY happy I bought this, and it was worth every penny I paid.

Install Pix:

Here is one tip.... before installation:

Here is one side done, one side stock, for comparison:

and here is a lame video we shot in a hurry, and I promise there will be a bigger better kickass video tomorrow . but I thought I would post this to hold you over.

Right Click, Save As. http://emperor666jorden.web.aplus.net/SLP1.wmv

So hang tight till I can post the REAL videos.... and get my friend to hold the camera still! Oh yeah, and that chirp from first to second... that was with stability control on. Wow, my M3 never did that with it on!!
Old 4/16/05, 07:11 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, the stock mufflers get removed and the pipe and tip go in it's place?
Looks great. Do you think you got some weight reduction?
Any gain in HP?
How much did they cost ya?
Lastly, is the SLP logo visible once they're installed?
Old 4/16/05, 07:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 16, 2005, 6:14 PM
So, the stock mufflers get removed and the pipe and tip go in it's place?
Looks great. Do you think you got some weight reduction?
Any gain in HP?
How much did they cost ya?
Lastly, is the SLP logo visible once they're installed?
Yea, the mufflers come off. Yes, there was a nice weight reduction. It FEELS faster because it screams at WOT it cost $224 @ www.lmperformance.com shipped.

The SLP Logo is visible, but not noticable unless you look.
Old 4/16/05, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds and looks awesome!!!!!!! Just ordered mine! Now I just need my car. :bang:
Old 4/16/05, 08:05 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool set up Jordan ,the sound is awsome
However it must have got lost in the mail I haven't got it yet
Old 4/16/05, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Very nicely done Jordan. Im sure we all appreciate the video and the install info. Congrats on the new setup, I say this is a must have item.................
Old 4/16/05, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey! It ain't the 18th yet . . . . WTF ???????

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the db meter results????????
Old 4/16/05, 11:15 PM
V6 Member

Dude....f****** awesome. I was debating the loudmouths cause i thought it would be too loud. They are very throaty and not too loud. Awesome. I was really waiting for a post like this so that I could make the right choice. Thanks.
Old 4/16/05, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow... taht just reinforced my decision. SLPs seem to be the best choice.
Old 4/16/05, 11:52 PM
V6 Member

Your right tip seems to sit higher than your left, I have the same problem with my loudmouths, can't seem to figure out how to fix it without finding a way to physically bend the hanger.
Old 4/17/05, 01:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by BackwardHatClub@April 16, 2005, 11:55 PM
Your right tip seems to sit higher than your left, I have the same problem with my loudmouths, can't seem to figure out how to fix it without finding a way to physically bend the hanger.

I saw that too. Mine do the same thing.
Old 4/17/05, 02:03 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Shannon+April 17, 2005, 3:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shannon @ April 17, 2005, 3:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BackwardHatClub@April 16, 2005, 11:55 PM

[/b][/quote]

Yep, on my right side you can't fit a finger between the pipe and the bodywork (it's not touching though) on the left side you can easily slide your fingers in-between. I tried a couple different ways to get it up a bit higher on the left but nothing worked, it's very annoying.
Old 4/17/05, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BackwardHatClub+April 17, 2005, 2:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BackwardHatClub @ April 17, 2005, 2:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Shannon@April 17, 2005, 3:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BackwardHatClub
@April 16, 2005, 11:55 PM

Yep, on my right side you can't fit a finger between the pipe and the bodywork (it's not touching though) on the left side you can easily slide your fingers in-between. I tried a couple different ways to get it up a bit higher on the left but nothing worked, it's very annoying.
[/b][/quote]

Maybe take it to a muffler shop and them bend the hangar??
Old 4/17/05, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BackwardHatClub+April 17, 2005, 1:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BackwardHatClub @ April 17, 2005, 1:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Shannon@April 17, 2005, 3:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BackwardHatClub
@April 16, 2005, 11:55 PM

[/b][/quote]

Well, i just came in from my garage after spending the last few hours trying to even them out, because I noticed this last nite. If you unclamp the driver side tip, and have somebody pull up on it while you re tighten the clamp, it fixes it temporarily, but after a bit, it slips down again. I think the hanger is just a little bit off. But, man, it sounds so good, I think I can overlook it, or maybe later take it to a shop and get a new hanger.

But, darn, I dont even want to get it tinted yet, because I dont want the car outta my hands even for a second!
Old 4/17/05, 12:26 PM
I lust for a M24

I'm leaning towards that SLP system, looks great. I waited at the shop for my tint, only took the guy about an hour. I backed it into his shop, and pulled out. Still, no one's driven it but me.
Old 4/17/05, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

when you ordered from lm performance, how long did it take to receive?
Old 4/17/05, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dumb question, but based on those pics, couldn't you take the car to a muffler shop and have them put a piece of pipe in there and weld a tip of your choice on it? I think that's what PNYXPRESS on this site did if memory serves.
Old 4/17/05, 02:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by MTAS@April 17, 2005, 3:01 PM
Dumb question, but based on those pics, couldn't you take the car to a muffler shop and have them put a piece of pipe in there and weld a tip of your choice on it? I think that's what PNYXPRESS on this site did if memory serves.
I was wondering the same thing. Since there's no muffler, does the tip do anything except for look good?
Old 4/17/05, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

It took EXACTLY one week form when I placed the order to when the UPS guy came. They are in Florida, I am in CA.

Yes, you can get pipes and tips welded in, and I checked, it would cost about $150. The SLPs are $224.
In my opinion, the huge hiney SLP tips make the sound deeper. Why you ask? Well, I started it up with NOTHING on, before I put the SLPs on, and it didnt sound at all like the SLPs. Also, these are bolt on, so they can come off pretty easily, and if they are welded on, and you change your mind later, you will have to cut.
Old 4/17/05, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Db meter results?

Quick Reply: SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.