GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/05, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by emperorjordan+April 21, 2005, 12:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ April 21, 2005, 12:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AJC@April 21, 2005, 3:52 AM
any indications that you have lost power? or seems the same?
Power is the same..... it might rev a little faster, which is good, but the SOUND combined with the power of this car makes it SEEM much faster. Once you get them, you will know what I am talking about.

and yeah..... my friend was really steady with the camera He is always like that, man, you should see the motorcycle videos we made. "can't see poo, captain!"
[/b][/quote]

Nice videos Jordan! Find your db meter yet? :worship:
Old 4/22/05, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really have no clue where it is. This is getting embarassing!
Old 4/22/05, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by emperorjordan@April 22, 2005, 12:30 PM
I really have no clue where it is. This is getting embarassing!
No worries . . . I can't even find the '64 Olds Cutlass I have burried in my garage.

Old 4/27/05, 12:36 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so are these not just tailpipes and not mufflers? Why call them mufflers when there are no baffles. Also, correct me if I am wrong but are these not illegal for street use?
Old 4/27/05, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

WOW, great video, thought that was a cop behind you for a sec...LOL..
Old 4/27/05, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 27, 2005, 12:39 PM
so are these not just tailpipes and not mufflers? Why call them mufflers when there are no baffles. Also, correct me if I am wrong but are these not illegal for street use?
SLP website says its emissions legal in all 50 states. This had me confused too, because the state of Texas in the emissions section of their inspection criteria says a muffler must be preset and defines a muffler as

"Muffler defined: Muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle plates or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and/or turbine wheels for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from a diesel engine, both of which are effective in reducing noise."

Perhaps the tips double wall acts as a chamber for reducing noise and therefore passes under the letter of the law.

I emailed SLP wishing to address this before I ordered and have yet to receive a response. For now I am going to trust SLP when they claim that their product is emissions legal in all 50 states. If this is not true I fully expect SLP to refund my purchase.
Old 4/27/05, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by emperorjordan@April 20, 2005, 6:56 PM
Not too loud for sure. I think they are way too quiet inside the car even with the windows down. They would be GREAT on a vert.

They really arent loud at all unless you are BEHIND the car and have line of sight with the tips. Then its loud. But infront of the car or inside, its really not that loud. Which kinda stinks, cuz the guy behind me gets to enjoy them more then me.

Jordon

My "Original Muffler Deletes" has people from a block away turn & look at me as I approach them. WOT is insane. I think my 4" tip helps the DB level.
Old 4/27/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MTAS@April 17, 2005, 2:01 PM
Dumb question, but based on those pics, couldn't you take the car to a muffler shop and have them put a piece of pipe in there and weld a tip of your choice on it? I think that's what PNYXPRESS on this site did if memory serves.
Hi Dave

Your right. I should have made a deal with my muffler shop on selling the "Muffler Deletes". I am sure they could have been sold for somewhere around $150.

Hind sight 20-20.
Old 4/27/05, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by klous+April 27, 2005, 12:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klous @ April 27, 2005, 12:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@April 27, 2005, 12:39 PM
SLP website says its emissions legal in all 50 states. This had me confused too, because the state of Texas in the emissions section of their inspection criteria says a muffler must be preset and defines a muffler as

"Muffler defined: Muffler is a device consisting of a series of chambers or baffle plates or other mechanical design for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine and/or turbine wheels for the purpose of receiving exhaust gas from a diesel engine, both of which are effective in reducing noise."

Perhaps the tips double wall acts as a chamber for reducing noise and therefore passes under the letter of the law.

I emailed SLP wishing to address this before I ordered and have yet to receive a response. For now I am going to trust SLP when they claim that their product is emissions legal in all 50 states. If this is not true I fully expect SLP to refund my purchase.
[/b][/quote]

Well, I have no choice but to believe SLP about being 50 state emissions legal, and as far as noise legal.... stock is 94 dB, and 95dB is the legal limit, so ANY after market exhuast will make it "illegal" sound wise.

and Pony Express, no offence buddy, but I have been known to hit people who spell my name "jordon" :nono:
Old 4/27/05, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

got the wifes loudmouths on today.Sounds great.My steeda sounds a bit deeper at low revs,but when ya hit the throttle the SLP's rule.
Old 4/27/05, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to hear you like em!
Old 4/28/05, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to Jordan for the vids and posts on the SLPs. I ordered a set and they should be arriving today and hopefully being installed this weekend (weather permitting). Can't wait to hear these with mine own ears.
Old 4/28/05, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, so I'm very dense (maybe it's just because I'm at work and my mind is in 92384729347 places). So to add these things you're actually removing both mufflers and then just placing these pipes in place of them?
Old 4/28/05, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@April 28, 2005, 10:26 AM
Ok, so I'm very dense (maybe it's just because I'm at work and my mind is in 92384729347 places). So to add these things you're actually removing both mufflers and then just placing these pipes in place of them?
Exactly. Pipes with really hot, good looking, tips.
Old 5/1/05, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

I got mine Thursday, put them on today!!! Wow they rock!!!! An hour on the ground no jacking no nothing. Sounds great!!!!!
Old 5/1/05, 09:24 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mustang69-05@May 1, 2005, 6:22 PM
I got mine Thursday, put them on today!!! Wow they rock!!!! An hour on the ground no jacking no nothing. Sounds great!!!!!

Mine arrive 5/4/05 - so I am waiting!
WOw didnt have to jack the car - thats a suprise.. So how hard a time did you have lining them up?

I was thinking installing the driverside first since that seems to be the problem side for other people. Figured I could then line up the passengerside to them.

How about some pics?!
Old 5/1/05, 09:30 PM
GT Member

Is everyone experiencing alignment problems?
Old 5/2/05, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

I did the passanger side first, really easy. Took off the rear hanger and it slid right out. Lined up the tip so it looked good and tightened it down, 15 min. max. The drivers side you have to undo both hangers and the forward one is a pain to get at, that's where you need the open/box end wrench. Not hard just a bit of a pain. Just took my time with this side, didn't take more than 30 min. for this side. I'll take some pictures when I get home, I didn't want them sticking out too far so I kept them sitting about like the stock ones. Looks and sounds awsome. I'm not a little guy and had plenty of room. Just threw a tarp on the ground and went to town. A lift would be alot easier, but there is no problem doing it this way.
Old 5/2/05, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

no align probs here.
Old 5/4/05, 11:01 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Well I played hookey today to wait for the UPS guy and then installed the SLPs...

WOW is all I can say. They are alot more throaty than the video suggest. :shock:

I'm pretty sure I have noticed a performance improvement also. When I get on it I can feel a little bit more power. Its noticable. I dont think its in my head. I took my Wife and father inlaw out for a spin and both commented they could feel a difference in the cars response when I got on it.

When going up hills - they are pretty noisy.. But at cruising speed they quiet down nicely. When you get on it - look out Harley Davison - there is a new roar on the road!

I recommend safety glasses for the crap that falls in your face.. and something to protect the forehead from falling box end wrench when working passenger side...

It took me about 2- 1/2 hrs to install them. I think this is because I took my time to make sure I got them perfectly lined up.

After driving a hour or so, including getting on it I got back underneath -no jacking necessary- to make sure the clamps were holding tight. No problems...I had my wife rev the engine while I walked around the car to make sure they were not vibrating or shaking. I was also judging the sound they make. Louder in the car I think than outside.. I have to get used to the noise. Its pretty loud when accelerating but deep sounding. Although I noticed people turning their heads when I goose it.

Then I took the Stang out for a cruise tonite- up to broadway and back..

Thanks Jordan for the videos.. that lead me down the path of the SLP loudmouths!

Quick Reply: SLP LOUDMOUTH install pix, video, everything.