GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/07, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mco05gt
(clock)??

Look at Tacobills pictures for the front and rear rotors. You want the inner most hole to pass thru the brake pad first when rolling forward. That is how I found out I had an issue with the rotors I was sent. Each wheel has a specfic rotor as far as the drill pattern goes. Trust me!! Look at Bill pics and look at mine and you should see why I knew I had an issue. Take pictures before you hit the road and we will help if needed!!!
Scott
Old 6/25/07, 05:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
If anyone has any additional info please jump in.
Here's all the rear brake info from the Service Manual.
Old 6/25/07, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Here's all the rear brake info from the Service Manual.

Thanks Bill,
I find it interesting that in all that info you don't see anything about how to adjust the rear pads and parking brake. The rotor and pad install is finished and somewhere else I read you just pumped the parking brake up and down about 20 strokes and that would adjust the rear pads. ( Self adjusting) I did that and it seems it worked to me. It tightened up the rear pads to the new disc and seems to be balanced to me.
Scott
Old 6/28/07, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update? Pictures? Lol
Old 6/29/07, 04:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

I got my rear rotors,pads and lines on last night. I am going to try to do the fronts today. Only problem I had was the stock rotors did NOT want to come off. Took some very large persuasion to break loose.
I will post pictures next week
David
Old 6/29/07, 04:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Update? Pictures? Lol
Hey Jonathan,
If you are refering to me about pictures I am still waiting to get the correct rotor for the passenger front wheel. The latest from Rich @ Rotorpro is my rotor shipped yesterday and if I am lucky I will get it on Saturday. My car is up on jack stands in the front just waiting. I will post a few pictures when finished.
Scott
Old 6/29/07, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just e-mailed Rich about pricing.

I used the Duplicolor kit to paint my calipers looked real good for the first year. Needs to be redone badly now. I think I will wire brush it of and go with the G2 kit this time. I did the Red with Redfire, looked pretty good to me.

Still don't have the car back, hopefully next week.
Old 6/29/07, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Ben slightly off topic, but the G2 kits that I've seen in Red are a brighter red, more like Torch and not Redfire. Just FYI.
Old 6/29/07, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Jonathan,
If you are refering to me about pictures I am still waiting to get the correct rotor for the passenger front wheel. The latest from Rich @ Rotorpro is my rotor shipped yesterday and if I am lucky I will get it on Saturday. My car is up on jack stands in the front just waiting. I will post a few pictures when finished.
Scott
Oh yeah I remember that you were sent the wrong rotors.

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Just e-mailed Rich about pricing.

I used the Duplicolor kit to paint my calipers looked real good for the first year. Needs to be redone badly now. I think I will wire brush it of and go with the G2 kit this time. I did the Red with Redfire, looked pretty good to me.

Still don't have the car back, hopefully next week.
You have any pictures of the color match? Curious. I know the G2 color is noticably off.
Old 6/29/07, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Hey Ben slightly off topic, but the G2 kits that I've seen in Red are a brighter red, more like Torch and not Redfire. Just FYI.
That's why i did mine in Black.

I did wonder though if I purchased a black and a Red kit and then added some black to the red paint what it would look like.

Richard
Old 6/29/07, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are some pics they are not great, but I thought it looked pretty good to me. Most comments were all vavorable. Not the best for showing the calipers, but I only have them because Tom took them a the first Dyno Day at Brent's.
Attached Thumbnails Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)-100_3681.jpg   Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)-100_3692a.jpg  
Old 6/29/07, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I thought Ben's calipers looked great with the Dupli kit...... too bad they didn't hold up a little better but oh well. Hey anyway Ben, PM me when you get your car back on the road!
Old 6/29/07, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Went to the shop to check on it today. They were block sanding the Cervinis Concept Hood. They have all the panels fitted to the hood and they are just waiting on the paint now. When the painting is done the should be ablt to put it back together. Man I really miss it.
Old 7/1/07, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well this mod definitely took too long and it finally got finished up this morning. I finally received my replacement rotor for the passenger side front yesterday. Since I already had the calipers painted and the new pads installed in only took about 15 minutes to swap out the rotors. I used the G2 sivler paint kit and as you can see they pretty much look stock just a bunch cleaner. I love the look of the Rotorpros on the car and need to go out yet and bed in the new pads. All in all it was money well spent. I will try to upload some pics later. TMS will not take pics now for some reasons.
Scott
Old 7/1/07, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good deal Scott, can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 7/1/07, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cant wait to see the finished product. Im on the fence between the rotors or gt500 spoiler. Contemplating which to do first.
Old 7/1/07, 06:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here is a couple of pics of the finished product. I am happy with the final outcome. Jonathan...If you are in turmoil about which mod to do first than maybe you should do both at the same time!!!!!!!! :.)
Scott
Attached Thumbnails Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)-rotorpros1.jpg   Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)-rotorpros3.jpg   Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)-rotorpros2.jpg  
Old 7/1/07, 06:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here is a couple of pics of the finished product. I am happy with the final outcome. Jonathan...If you are in turmoil about which mod to do first than maybe you should do both at the same time!!!!!!!! :.)
Scott
They look amazing

I WAS going to do both at the same time but I purchased a new Beltronics radar detector and the funds which woulda went to the spoiler and rotors got spilt. And since my money tree died last year I'm going to have to make some executive decisions as to what mod deserves to go on first. Lol.

Im leaning more towards the spoiler as of today. But i change my mind constantly. Haha
Old 7/2/07, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scott
Scott, the rotors look great and IMO the silver was a wise choice on your calipers. Job well done! but I would expect no less from a guy named Scott......
Old 7/2/07, 07:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks great Scott!

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics)