GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pulled trigger on LT's

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/08, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled trigger on LT's

Just ordered the OBX LT's. Could not get passed the price, and all you that have them seemed happy with the way they are holding up and performing. So...... I will try out both H-pipes and the one I like the least I will cut and clamp on cats so I can pass inspection (will still cost less than any other LT setup).

Please no product bashing. I know that buying American is important But the USD value is not getting any better, and my pockets are not getting fat very fast. As you have guessed, cost is a factor. If I had more $$$ to spend then I would have gone with BBK because I really wanted a ceramic coating. But SS is nice too.
Old 5/15/08, 06:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Don't have to justify it to us. You made a good choice as everyone has been happy with them. Enjoy the LT's they are awesome.
Old 5/15/08, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Good luck with them. Are you going to install them??
Old 5/15/08, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, soooooo, lets not keep us all in suspenders where did you get them and for what price????? Inquiring minds want to know
BTW, congrats on the new LT's let us know how you like them
Old 5/15/08, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats dude. When you hear your car for the 1st time after the install you will have a smile a mile wide!!! I know I did when I heard my car on the dyno!!! The sound is SICK!!! Good luck with the install.
Old 5/15/08, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GTMark052
Ok, soooooo, lets not keep us all in suspenders where did you get them and for what price????? Inquiring minds want to know
BTW, congrats on the new LT's let us know how you like them
you can find them on ebay for less than $500 shipped. I bought mine from I guy with the username of dialod.
Old 5/15/08, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought them from Seller racingpartsdepot on ebay. Paid $481 shipped. If they guys that do own them are right about the quality then the price is SWEET! I will let ya'll know if the seller is worth buying from again when I get them.

My wife's uncle has an engine lift so he will help me with the dirty work, and make my life easier. And for a case of beer the install cost will be hard to beat!

I hope the factory mufflers can keep the sound down, I love sleepers. When they are quiet cops don't pay as much attention and also people don't have a clue what you got under the hood as you put them in the rear view mirror.

One question, anybody running a PD SC with these headers? I have plans for a Kenne Bell next summer and would like to know how they handle the heat with a sc.
Old 5/15/08, 11:37 PM
Cobra Member

I am running a roots type supercharger on about 11 lbs of boost and they are just fine with it.
Old 5/16/08, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered the OBX LT's. Could not get passed the price, and all you that have them seemed happy with the way they are holding up and performing. So...... I will try out both H-pipes and the one I like the least I will cut and clamp on cats so I can pass inspection (will still cost less than any other LT setup).

Please no product bashing. I know that buying American is important But the USD value is not getting any better, and my pockets are not getting fat very fast. As you have guessed, cost is a factor. If I had more $$$ to spend then I would have gone with BBK because I really wanted a ceramic coating. But SS is nice too.
you have made an excellent choice w/ headers..... im not on a budget, but still chose OBX. they are the price headers should be for these cars. no point in paying more. also stainless will be fine. ..... heat is not an issue for me, i've finally found a good use for the shaker hood. also i see you're in texas.... the H w/ the resonator will pass our visual inspection. im in the piney woods (easttexas). good luck w/ the install.... i should be very do-able.
Old 5/16/08, 07:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You'll like the OBX headers. I have been running them since Xmas and they fit just fine and heat has not been an issue up to now anyway.
Scott
Old 5/16/08, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the words of incouragement! I hope all goes as planned!!
Old 5/16/08, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Keep us informed, I am intrigued. To all others with them I have basic boltons and delete plates. what kind of gains are you guys experiencing with these??
Old 5/16/08, 01:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I don't have any dyno results before or after. I live in a one horse town with no dyno!

I can say that it feels fast and sounds a hell of a lot faster.
Old 5/16/08, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by firestang70
Keep us informed, I am intrigued. To all others with them I have basic boltons and delete plates. what kind of gains are you guys experiencing with these??

If you are still running your stock H-pipe with cats and go to any longtube with no cats you can expect about 20-25 rwhp gain. Half of the that gain comes from losing the cats and the other half from better breathing. If you are all ready running an offroad pipe your gain would be only 10-12 hp.
Scott
Old 5/16/08, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
If you are still running your stock H-pipe with cats and go to any longtube with no cats you can expect about 20-25 rwhp gain. Half of the that gain comes from losing the cats and the other half from better breathing. If you are all ready running an offroad pipe your gain would be only 10-12 hp.
Scott
My JLT and 93 race tune is said to be worth about 20-27 whp and 20 wtq, that cut my 1/4 mile times by .8 sec. So adding anouther 20-25 whp should make this car feel like a new machine! How much time should I expect to shave by trashing my stock h-pipe and manifolds? Anybody have time slips with setups like mine (will be). I'm still learning to race a stick and my times reflect, stock best: 14.2@102. As is now: 13.6@107.08 and 13.4@105.65. And my hopefull with the LT's: 12.8@109.

Will they affect highway mileage? Don't care about city!
Old 5/21/08, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

What H or X pipe are you guys running with your OBX LT's??? I'm looking for a high flow catted version and don't want to run into fitment issues with the OBX headers.
thanks,
Mark
Old 5/21/08, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

What H or X pipe are you guys running with your OBX LT's??? I'm looking for a high flow catted version and don't want to run into fitment issues with the OBX headers.
thanks,
Mark
you set of headers should come with 2 different h-pipes. one looks like it has high flow cats but they are just small mufflers (though they do trick the emmissions guys )

I would say just get a couple high flow cats if you really want to run cats, and have them welded into one of the h-pipes that is supplied.
Old 5/21/08, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're telling me the headers already come with their own H pipe at that price??????!!!!!! SOLD!
Old 5/21/08, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

You're telling me the headers already come with their own H pipe at that price??????!!!!!! SOLD!
they come with two different h-pipes for that price.
Old 5/21/08, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Mark...NO you are wrong. The OBX come with TWO H-pipes!! You get a standard H-pipe set-up and an H-pipe setup with resonators in them. Here a link to a set getting ready to sell in 1 hour 9 min from now. You can see both of the H-pipes you get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-0...spagenameZWDVW
Scott

Quick Reply: Pulled trigger on LT's