GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Pics of the new built motor

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/06, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 169stang@January 25, 2006, 3:16 PM
I'm keeping everything on the car, A/C, P/S, and whatever else. The car will be completely streetable. I've had to make some compromises, like the differential. The car really needs a spool, but they're not to nice on the street. Some of the accessaries might get relocated. Unsure right now. Bart's also taking out the stock stereo, putting in a single DIN stereo and putting my gauges below that in the other DIN. I've talked to the fella that will be building my roll bar and he's convinced me that you won't be able to see the bar from outside...and be certified.
From those that I've talked to...a built C4 is the ticket with a hefty price tag of $4500. Not including the converter and conversion parts. I'm looking to keep the car streetable though for right now.
I won't be touching the Mystic. It's in it's original state and is immaculate! I'll post up some pics later, once I take some.
The heads on a 96' are B heads. Not the best heads that they put on a 4V.
Hey man, I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that I am excited for you and your project. I have been watching it from over here in Iraq and I can't wait to get back and mess with my babies. I am on the fence on what i want to do when I get home. I'd like to throw the Powerhouse Turbo kit on the 05 and leave the Mystic alone, or I'm gonna upgrade my Mystic to a T Trim and leave the 05 alone... god who knows. (I also have a Mystic that is showroom new with only 36k miles on the clock) The differance in driving the two cars is night and day.

At any rate, good luck with the build

- Jesse

PS What shop are you getting to do your work? I was stationed in miami (Kendall area) for a few years and was big in the Stang scene there.
Old 1/26/06, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled/installed the motor myself. Boss 330 Racing in Vero Beach did the rebuild. Billet Design in Pompano is doing the turbo, fuel, etc. install. ProMotion Powertrain in Ft. Lauderdale did the tranny buildup.
Old 2/2/06, 07:12 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(169stang @ January 26, 2006, 9:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I pulled/installed the motor myself. Boss 330 Racing in Vero Beach did the rebuild. Billet Design in Pompano is doing the turbo, fuel, etc. install. ProMotion Powertrain in Ft. Lauderdale did the tranny buildup.
[/b][/quote]

Any news yet 169Stang? I aint letting this thread get pushed back to page 5.. LOL!! No way, you are not getting off that easy man!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 12:16 PM

The motor took all of 10 mins. to set in the car. Everything else took about 1 1/2hrs to rap up. I loaded the car on the trailer and took it down to Billet design. He's going to have it for 3 or 4 weeks.
To Do:
Fabricate a turbo system
Beef up the fuel system-new fuel lines, second fuel pump and a BAP for backup. New JPC/Metco fuel rails.
Install the ProMotion Prepped TKO600, Lakewood bellhousing, Swarr shifter and new driveshaft.
Weld up the rearend housing and all of the spot welds will be made solid in the entire rearend/chassis.
Minor stuff: Relocate the battery and install 3 gauges
Dyno tune it and it should be ready to roll. Looking to get it back before season opener of course!
Old 2/2/06, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

The earth will shake and tremble when you fire that beast up... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I can't wait...
Old 2/2/06, 08:00 PM

Me either bro!
Old 2/2/06, 08:16 PM

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]