GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

NEW! 2005-2009 Mustang Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger System!

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/08, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey if you need a test vehicle Im in Ohio and I race mine so let me know.
Old 12/8/08, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I meant to write $6399.99. 6399 may sound steep... but that's good for 600-950RWHP AND COMES WITH 60# INJECTORS (you may have to upgrade injectors or pumps on extremely high horse apps). We're going to have MANY different stage packages.
W-O-W!! have you seen the manual? Is this "weekend car mech" doable?

Looking forward to a kit that upgrades the basic, but safe for my stock internals. After my tour in Iraq, momma is giving the thumbs up for a SC! She even paid off Shadowfax while I was gone!
Old 12/9/08, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are your installed prices
Old 12/9/08, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor

850 installed
Old 12/9/08, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Chris... any news on timing??
Old 12/9/08, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

over 8k installed for the upgraded package... thats not even with the PODS or gauges.... i bet if you do wwhat brenspeed did and offer free installs on the first 10 order's they will sell like hot cakes !!!!! Cause i would be all over this but i have cash so it sucks for me.
Old 12/13/08, 12:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just say be glad, if i wanted this installed i would still have to pay for the product, plus guages, plus gas to get from south texas to CR's shop, then install of guages if not included in price, then the fun drive back. But either way this is a fun kit for my installer down here so i might end up going this route instead of suspension. I got a friend down here that is running 10s with a GT and a Saleen SC and some other mods, he is waiting on a Saleen SC 5.0 block but he still has high numbers for stock internals.
Old 12/13/08, 09:30 PM
V6 Member

Chris. great talking to you today, i hate you right about now, after i talked your ear off for 30 mins, i can't stop thinking about this kit. Hopefully i can get to your shop after the first of January and check out the setups. Again thanks for your time and i'm looking foward to doing business with you.

Last edited by ECR5.0; 12/13/08 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12/14/08, 10:04 PM
V6 Member

You know what's interesting is that SMS, Steve Saleen's new company, has a charger for the challenger that looks pretty close to was edelbrock just released for the mustang. Here is the link http://www.smssupercars.com/pdf/SMS-...percharger.pdf
Old 12/17/08, 06:32 PM
GT Member

that edelbrock system is based on the chevy ZO6 platform, so I guesss that there really is no 'new' S/C on the market, for any new car's.

just my 0.02 Cents...........

Tim
Old 12/17/08, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mustangbaxter
that edelbrock system is based on the chevy ZO6 platform, so I guess that there really is no 'new' S/C on the market, for any new cars.

just my 0.02 Cents...........

Tim

ZR1, not Z06.
Old 12/17/08, 10:21 PM
Former Vendor

That's like saying because Capri's came with turbos, that a Hellion turbo kit for an S197 is old news.

It's four lobe TVS technology. Yes the ZR1 had it, and the title new is because Edelbrock just came out with the part number and all the components to make it work on an s197. Speaking in other terms, this still is fairly new technology for automotive superchargers.

Techo, the company mentioned above and Roush are the only other two companies that have kits, both within the last few months, for this particular application.

The edelbrock system leaves the other two in the dust in my honest opinion. Based on parasytic loss, and IAT's. That's due to the Edelbrock manifold. The Techo may be fairly close, though... from the looks of it.
Old 12/17/08, 10:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So have you gotten the level packages set up CR, can you post up the level prices and what they include. I should be getting a nice check in the mail soon and i want this.
Old 12/18/08, 04:17 AM
Cobra Member

Also when all the packages will be available for install please.
Old 12/18/08, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

CR, did you get a shipping eta for these from Edelbrock yesterday?
Old 12/18/08, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Doogie your on the pre order list right? Did he give you a time frame when it was gonna be available for install?
Old 12/18/08, 07:11 AM
Cobra Member

Yes, mine is ordered. Per my message above, CR was supposed to get an update from Edelbrock yesterday, but never heard back... so no news yet. I was really hoping to have mine by this weekend so we could install it over the holidays, but I knew that was going to be a long shot when I ordered it considering there was no solid dates from Edelbrock.

I plan to call Chris again this morning and will let you know what I find out.
Old 12/18/08, 05:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
ZR1, not Z06.
Sorry for my mistake, I;m a Ford guy, not a Chevy person. Me bad...

Tim
Old 12/19/08, 04:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are three types of superchargers - roots, twin-screw, and centrifugal. You may already be familiar with these buzz-words, but most people don't understand how each technology differs. Before buying a supercharger, you should familiarize yourself with how each type of supercharger works. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages that may make it ideal - or not - for your performance needs. Today we take a technical look at the technology behind each type of supercharger.

The roots supercharger features two counter-rotating lobes that trap air from the intake side of the supercharger (normally at the back of the supercharger), move it around the outside casing of the lobes, and out the bottom of the supercharger through an outlet / discharge port. Like the twin screw supercharger, the roots is a "positive displacement" aka "fixed displacement" supercharger, meaning that it moves a fixed volume of air per rotation. Notwithstanding minor amounts of air-leak at low rpms, the roots supercharger cannot flow backwards like a centrifugal supercharger, and is thus nearly as efficient in its ability to pump air at low rpms as it is at high rpms. What this means is that roots superchargers are very capable of making large amounts of boost even when engine rpms are very low. This makes for great low-end and midrange power, and also makes them great for trucks and towing vehicles. The roots is also self lubricated, and is the simplest of the supercharger designs, meaning it is reasonably priced and very reliable.

The twin screw supercharger at first glance appears to look similar to a roots supercharger both inside and out. The two technologies are indeed similar, however there are significant differences. At the heart of the twin-screw supercharger are two rotors, or "screws" that rotate towards each other. The rotors mesh together and draw air from the back of the supercharger. The twisting rotors move the air to the front of the supercharger, while compressing the air before discharging through a port at or near the front of the supercharger

Although the centrifugal supercharger is founded on a technology much newer than either the roots or the twin screw, it was the first supercharger to be successfully applied to automotive applications. Unlike the roots, the centrifugal supercharger is NOT a positive displacement / fixed displacement supercharger because it does not move a fixed volume of air per revolution. The centrifugal supercharger essentially operates like a high speed fan propeller / impeller, sucking air into the center of the supercharger and pushing it to the outside of the rapidly spinning (40,000 + rpm) impeller blades. The air naturally travels to the outside of the blades because of its centrifugal force created by its rotating inertia. At the outside of the blades, a "scroll" is waiting to catch the air molecules. Just before entering the scroll, the air molecules are forced to travel through a venturi, which creates the internal compression. As the air travels around the scroll, the diameter of the scroll increases, which slows the velocity of the air, but further increases its pressure.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=76

Originally Posted by Pwny
So can anybody tell me, but is TVS the same thing as a twin screw? I can't really figure it out.
Old 12/19/08, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

So, anybody know which one "lysholm" applies to? ( I think it's twin screw).

Quick Reply: NEW! 2005-2009 Mustang Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger System!