GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Need and Adj PHB - Sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/11, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Need and Adj PHB - Sugestions?

After the Steeda Sports install the rear end is shifted a ways to the passenger side. I read somoene here say that it should shift to the driver's side if at all.

Does that mean something is wrong because it shifted the other way?

Also what PHB recomendations do you guys have? I'm thinking poly ends, nothing exotic, just need to get her centered. She's pulling to the right pretty bad at this point.

Any PHBs to stay away from?

BTW it dropped about 1.25" in the rear and right at 1" in front.
Old 6/26/11, 03:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
After the Steeda Sports install the rear end is shifted a ways to the passenger side. I read somoene here say that it should shift to the driver's side if at all.

Does that mean something is wrong because it shifted the other way?

Also what PHB recomendations do you guys have? I'm thinking poly ends, nothing exotic, just need to get her centered. She's pulling to the right pretty bad at this point.

Any PHBs to stay away from?

BTW it dropped about 1.25" in the rear and right at 1" in front.
That's interesting that it would shift to the passenger side, the attachment point for the panhard rod to the chassis on the passenger side so as the arm swings, you would expect it to pivot around that point and go more to the driver's side. I don't necessarily know if anything is wrong with your car though, factory tolerances aren't all that great. Some people have noticed that their rear ends were off after getting wider rims, and their cars were never lowered.

I have the Steeda adjustable PHB. I like it just fine, it's been very solid for the last 4 years. The only thing I don't like about it is the locknuts are at the ends of the bar. On the driver's side, that's fine. On the passenger side, it gets to be a bit of a PITA because the chassis mount kind of gets in the way. I ended up grinding down one side of an open ended wrench to make it fit better, so I could tighten it down properly. I also had to use locktite because I guess I couldn't torque it enough to keep it from loosening up after a couple days of driving. After I did the Locktite, it hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever.

The only competitor I know anything about is BMR. Their adjustable PHB has the adjustment mechanism in the center of the bar, so you don't have to worry about getting a wrench to fit with the clearance at the chassis mount. For some reason, it doesn't seem to me like it would be as strong, but you'd have to talk to someone that actually has that bar.
Old 6/26/11, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently got a J&M Adjustable Panhard Rod for my 2008 Shelby GT from American Muscle (AM) for $96.81 shipped. This was while it was on sale through 5/31 for $102.99, less another 6% using an AM Coupon Code that you can request from AM as a member of TMS. The bar (link below) is now selling for $114.95, but it still a great value. It also has the adjustment on the ends, but is made from billet aluminum, so it will never rust.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-pan...0%5E1%5E102.99

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 6/26/11 at 03:59 PM.
Old 6/28/11, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the BMR one five years ago and havent had one issue. Little pricier than some but worth it in the long run.
Old 7/1/11, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have the Steeda and a brace to go with it. It is kind of a pain on the passenger side but seems to do what it needs to well. It is chromoly and seems sturdy.

Btw, After your front alignment where did your Steeda mounts end up with the adjustment indicator?

Last edited by randy_tho; 7/1/11 at 07:54 PM.