GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Mustang GT Automatic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/07, 02:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my updated tunes from doug and installed them on my Xcal2 and waiting till the morning to see and feel the results. Will post my 2 cents once i've done it. Thnx doug for the prompt reply!
Old 9/4/07, 09:59 AM
GT Member

I have loaded an updated 91 race tune from Doug and I notice some difference. He has really good customer service.

Nick
Old 9/4/07, 11:29 AM
mhk
Bullitt Member

Does this new tune work for all the different tunes: race, torque performance?
Old 9/4/07, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
so do you guys think he will give a free upgrade to this tune or not?
Yes, I always give free updates on tune files for minor bolt ons or updates I make. I dont contact each customer, that would take forever but if someone contacts me who has purchased a tuner or tunes then I will let them know whats going on and if there are any updates available for their tunes.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 9/4/07, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Got my updated tunes from doug and installed them on my Xcal2 and waiting till the morning to see and feel the results. Will post my 2 cents once i've done it. Thnx doug for the prompt reply!
Where in the world have you been?

We havent heard a word from Andy and Bean either.

Hope the GT's running well.

Your going to enjoy the tranny tune. Gotta get use to driving an automatic that shifts like a stick without touching the shifter.
Old 9/4/07, 06:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PM'ed Andy the other day, bought his line locks. Still need to get them this week, but Bean sold the stang. did'nt drive it enough. How sad.

Waiting to get my car back to check in with Doug on the up dated tune. Back in Jan, he sent me another set of tunes with some harder shift points, never got them put in due to the wreck.
Also have a few mods going on with some power up grades, so will wait until then to get my tune redone.

Hey mark , nice to see you on the forums, I see John alot on here, just don't reply much. Sorry... but Hi guys.. any word on any body else from the dyno day?
Andy did say a dyno day get together would be cool !
Old 9/4/07, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm gettin all tingly, can't wait to try it out and post some results!
Old 9/4/07, 07:55 PM

Revised tune

Originally Posted by Doug904
Yes, I always give free updates on tune files for minor bolt ons or updates I make. I dont contact each customer, that would take forever but if someone contacts me who has purchased a tuner or tunes then I will let them know whats going on and if there are any updates available for their tunes.

Thanks, Doug.
Doug,
I sent you an email about a week ago asking for you to update them. Any idea when I should expect to get them back?
Thanks.......Ed
Old 9/4/07, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GT John
Been running the recently revised automatic transmission tuner by Doug for the last week.
It works as advertised. Transmission shift scheduling does not change when the KAM is reset. Doug also threw in a few bonus attributes that I'm sure you all will be happy with. This tune may not be for everyone, there is a lot of torque in all gears, yup even in 5th at 60mph I couldnt be happier.
Just got my updated tunes for automatic transmission and this is the best I've had so far from Doug. I could feel the difference when he first started doing the converter lock tunes, but it seemed to unlock at times in high gear, like if you're going up a hill and give it a little gas but not enough to downshift. This new tune has improved that behavior and feels allot better to me than the original converter tweaks he was doing. Anyone with auto trans should get these new tunes.
Old 9/4/07, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
emailed doug today desperatley want these tunes hope he gets back to me soon
Old 9/4/07, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

doug if you can hear me plz answer my email and get me those new tunes. I love what doug does to my car, i really dont think I would have enjoyed it the same without him
Old 9/4/07, 10:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
No kidding...that's why you put someone in the back seat with the camera while you drive. You know what they say... "a picture or vid" is worth a thousand words.
Scott
I wish I could hook my laptop up to the dash connector. Then I could probably monitor just about everything that the computer can "see".

A laptop would be the ultimate tuner...but they gotta keep us down with their **** $400 hand-helds. Bloody Fascists!
Old 9/5/07, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Arrow
I wish I could hook my laptop up to the dash connector. Then I could probably monitor just about everything that the computer can "see".

A laptop would be the ultimate tuner...but they gotta keep us down with their **** $400 hand-helds. Bloody Fascists!
Ummm... SCT Xcal2 does exactly that... The Xcal plugs into the OBD port, and a simple USB goes to the laptop. Fire up the car, launch LiveLink on the PC, select what parameters you want to datalog, click record, and go driving. It really is that simple. The hardest part is deciding on what you want to monitor.
Old 9/5/07, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why do I even need an xcal? Why can't I just have a cable with the right connector on each end? Cut out everything except just the wire.
Old 9/5/07, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Why do I even need an xcal? Why can't I just have a cable with the right connector on each end? Cut out everything except just the wire.
I'm not an IT guy, and I don't play one on TV either, but at first glance, it would be raw incompatibilty of signal format. USB has a very strict data set requirement, and the OBD port has a completely different data set. It's entirely possible that somebody could develop a simple translator dongle (like a USB to serial dongle) that would let the two interface, but I think the demand for that would be so small that the development costs would push the retail far above that of an Xcal.
Old 9/5/07, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

i always email doug and i don't get a response or if i do is a long time after. is this the case with everyone or is it just me
Old 9/5/07, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
i always email doug and i don't get a response or if i do is a long time after. is this the case with everyone or is it just me
He gets tons of email to wade through but he always answers...just takes a few days.
Old 9/5/07, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Here ya go.

Check it out.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=19&pcid=4
Old 9/5/07, 05:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's just a code reader is all. You cannot make adjustment with it.

Richard
Old 9/5/07, 05:40 PM
GT Member

This new update in sweet! I can tell the difference and it feels much more responsive since the torque converter stays locked up.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Automatic Transmission