GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Mustang GT Automatic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/07, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by colbymh
Good to hear Scott and cant wait for a review. Hope to see one in my email soon. Since you have done the email to tuner download, is there any tricks involved?
Ask and ye shall recieve!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...77&postcount=1

Tim
Old 10/19/07, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tdbrown75
I'm excited too, but not so excited that I'm going to call Doug six times! No wonder hes so busy!

Tim

There is an old saying " the squeaky wheel gets the oil" Squeak...Squeak!!
Scott
Old 10/19/07, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good to hear Scott and cant wait for a review. Hope to see one in my email soon. Since you have done the email to tuner download, is there any tricks involved?

Colby,
Tim beat me to it. Just need a USB cable from your computer to the tuner and follow TacoBill's instructions. They are spot on the money.
Old 10/19/07, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
There is an old saying " the squeaky wheel get the oil" Squeak...Squeak!!
Scott
ROFL!
Old 10/21/07, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its going on a week and I still havent heard back. I'm at a cross road with this. I just got my tunes from him, and its incredible, but WHAT IF, something with the tune was actually wrong or not working. The delay would not make me happy.

DOUG. If you are this busy (and I bet you are, cuz your tunes kick @ss), plz hire some young kid to answer phones and respond to emails. Your customers will stay happy and the ones that are thinking about using you, will be more likely to. Just my .02
Old 10/21/07, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

Yep I will say it again. This lack of being able to respond to customer for sometime 2 weeks is the reason I will not try his tunes. I am more than willing to spend the money and buy a new SCT X Cal to house his tunes but not when i keep hearing this type of stuff.

Richard
Old 10/21/07, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Yep I will say it again. This lack of being able to respond to customer for sometime 2 weeks is the reason I will not try his tunes. I am more than willing to spend the money and buy a new SCT X Cal to house his tunes but not when i keep hearing this type of stuff.

Richard
I am really considering getting a tune from Tillmans just to have a stanby option. Not saying their tunes aren't good, but I am more than happy with Doug's tune, but it would be nice to be able to call and speak with someone that day or atleast the next morning and get a resolution.
Old 10/21/07, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pickup the phone and call him between 4 an 5 pm eastern. I have gotten ahold of him twice in the last couple of weeks at this time and received my updated tunes. Pick up the phone you guys!!!

Scott
Old 10/22/07, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Pickup the phone and call him between 4 an 5 pm eastern. I have gotten ahold of him twice in the last couple of weeks at this time and received my updated tunes. Pick up the phone you guys!!!

Scott
Called 11 times today. Guess how many times it was answered. None!!

You have the updated tune, so can you tell us how it feels?

I've noticed a few times, mine feels like there is either a detonation problem or something. It doesnt happen often, but ive noticed it like 3 times now. Almost feels like the tranny is slipping, but its not.

Ive made sure I had all the 87 out before I added 92, buttttttttt, I guess there was 1 gallon left. Would this case any problems?
Old 10/22/07, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've noticed a few times, mine feels like there is either a detonation problem or something. It doesnt happen often, but ive noticed it like 3 times now. Almost feels like the tranny is slipping, but its not.

Ive made sure I had all the 87 out before I added 92, buttttttttt, I guess there was 1 gallon left. Would this case any problems?

Colby,
Well I got the updated tune loaded on my tuner tonight but it is raining cats and dogs here. It is supposed to rain for the next 3 days. So until it clears up the car in garage bound. As soon as things dry up I will get her on the road and post my opinion. Don't give up on Doug. Keep calling him. As far as your detonation problem goes. Just take it easy until you can fill it up again.
Scott
Old 10/22/07, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bama tunes

hi,im new here,i installed the racing tune yesterday and the car feels like a rocket.i use amoco 93 only.on contacting doug i call him around 4 pm and he answers the phone himself,keep trying hes good.
Old 10/22/07, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called at least that much today...
Old 10/23/07, 01:08 AM
Cobra Member

Well good news. I received my email with all 3 tunes adjusted. Thanks Doug.
Old 10/23/07, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got mine today too. I'm still working with Doug to make one more adjustment, but the OD shift points seem to be working as advertised!

Tim
Old 10/24/07, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
Got mine today too. I'm still working with Doug to make one more adjustment, but the OD shift points seem to be working as advertised!

Tim

What is your "other" adjustable Tim. The rain has let up finally and I hope to get the car out tonight to see how I like Doug's updated tune.
Scott

How are you doing Colby with loading your updated tunes on the X3? I know I wasn't much help yesterday. Sorry.
Scott
Old 10/24/07, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is your "other" adjustable Tim. The rain has let up finally and I hope to get the car out tonight to see how I like Doug's updated tune.
Scott
If I downshift to third, it takes 2-3 seconds to actually shift. If I hit the OD button, it goes into third right away.

Tim
Old 10/24/07, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Ive got the tunes loaded onto the tuner, just havent had a chance to load them. Which sounds pretty lame really. 2 mins to load..lol

I will do it today before going to work.

The livewire software was really simple to use. The only beef I have is that it doesnt really say anything on SCT website like "This is what you use for the X3". Would have made it a little easier.

I called SCT to make sure tho. Their customer service was excellent.
Old 10/25/07, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The bogging down around 80km/h is really killing me here, before the update, the car would just shoot through 80km and fele smooth, nad now its just sort of lugs around. The whole torque converter changes make the car fele great, but that thing with it lugging around is really hurting this tune. It kind of feels like it is detonating, but that wouldnt be the case because when i let off the pedal and press the gas again it feels normal(kinda)
Old 10/25/07, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Guys,
Well the rain finally let up and I had a chance to get the car out on the road with Doug's updated tune tonight. I can officially say I am a happy camper now. For those that may not want to read the entire thread a number of us received Doug's latest automatic trans tune that locks the torque converter in each gear as soon as it shifts. You can also tell Doug what MPH you want your car to go into OD. In my case I told him 55. Everything was good with that tune with the exception that once the car was in OD and you decelerated below 55 the car would stay in OD with the torque converter locked all the way down to like 38 MPH. As you can imagine when you stepped back on the gas under those conditions the car lugged pretty bad. I had Doug tweek my tune that so when I started to decelerate once in OD the trans would drop back into 4th gear at 50 MPH. It is now perfect IMO. The shift back into 4th is seamless and really keeps the engine in an RPM range that works great once you accelerate again. I believe this trans tune now shifts as close to a manual as possible but is totally hands and foot free. These automatics are an awesome piece of engineering compared to anything in the past and when people like Doug are willing to work with us to work out the bugs is just great. I truely do not know what else I would ask him to do to it. Thanks Doug!!!
Scott
Old 10/25/07, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
The bogging down around 80km/h is really killing me here, before the update, the car would just shoot through 80km and fele smooth, nad now its just sort of lugs around. The whole torque converter changes make the car fele great, but that thing with it lugging around is really hurting this tune. It kind of feels like it is detonating, but that wouldnt be the case because when i let off the pedal and press the gas again it feels normal(kinda)

Ravi,
Read my post above and email or call Doug to get your tune updated. I will bet money you will be as happy as me.
Scott

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Automatic Transmission