GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Mufflers: Stock vs. 5230 GTAs

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/07, 05:59 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Your right! the 2007 Shelby GT and the 2006 Hertz GTH both run the X-pipe and GTA's there are a few sound clips around of that set up! I'm running GTA's I think going run the O/R Pro Chamber with them!
I've finally decided that I'm also going to run the Mac O/R Pro Chamber with the GTA's as well..
Old 2/28/07, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I've finally decided that I'm also going to run the Mac O/R Pro Chamber with the GTA's as well..
I think you made a good choice Rocky! 70MACH1OWNER's sound clip was what really made my mind up!.......
Old 2/28/07, 08:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey blkstang06, is that your 67 in your picture? sorry to go off subject
Old 3/1/07, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
hey blkstang06, is that your 67 in your picture? sorry to go off subject
I wish it was, but its not. Thats a Restomod, built by Unique Performance, its for sale! I think their asking $110.000 for it!
Old 3/1/07, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Kelly, being the GTA's are a chambered designed axle back it's important that I find out from others what they sound like with an off road X-pipe before deciding as to whether or not to purchase them ? Therefore if you feel that I'm blowing this out of proportion ? then fine so be it..And although Mustang Buster is claiming the FRPP X-pipe doesn't make the GTA's sound higher pitched ? what he isn't saying is whether or not he's using the factory cats along with them and if he is ? this would explain the reasoning behind why the sound isn't higher pitched..However on the other hand, if the stock cats are removed ? I can pretty much guarantee the sound will change..As for TBone69's situation ? yes he did indeed mention in his post that he was considering an X-pipe to go along with his GTA's but wasn't sure which is exactly my reason for responding to his post otherwise, I wouldn't have offered my advice to begin with..

No problem Rocky, it just seemed like you were a little harsh with him that's all. Also from my experience when someone talks about exhaust on this board, they say whether they have O/R pipes or not.

Additionally I have heard that x-pipes make it raspy whether there are CATs or not. but that's just what I've heard.

I'ts all good, hope you find what you are looking for!
Old 3/1/07, 07:24 PM
JGT
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
There's nothing like Long Tubes with cats and GTA's IMO.
This is the exact combination I am considering, longtubes with catted H and GTA mufflers! So you have heard this personally? How does it sound compared to the stock manifold with Borla mufflers or the GTA mufflers? I am looking for more classic muscle car sound vs Nascar sound.
Old 3/1/07, 08:02 PM
Cobra Member

ah to bad, I actually grew up near Unique Performance and through a friend of a friend I got to tour their facility when they were just opening up. I couldn't keep my mouth off the floor, ok no more off topic stuff...
Old 3/1/07, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
No problem Rocky, it just seemed like you were a little harsh with him that's all. Also from my experience when someone talks about exhaust on this board, they say whether they have O/R pipes or not.

Additionally I have heard that x-pipes make it raspy whether there are CATs or not. but that's just what I've heard.

I'ts all good, hope you find what you are looking for!
Well to be perfectly honest with you Kelly ? yes I was a bit harsh with him and I don't know if you read his first reply he sent back but when he made the comment about (how many times must he say that an FRPP X-pipe doesn't cause the GTA's to sound higher pitched) ? I took that as being a wisea$$ remark and then when he brought the Shelby GT into it like he did ? that really ****ed me off as though he were insulting my intelligence or something.. Therefore if anyone was being harsh ? that remark is what provoked it all in the first place..As for talking about saying anything on this board as to whether or not he had O/R pipes ? No he didn't mention a single word which also didn't help the situation any either...Anyway your right about what you've heard and X-pipes are very well known for causing more of a raspy tinny sound which is why it's not recommended to run a baffled or chambered axle back with an off road X-pipe and as much as I hate to say this ? I found out the GTA's are a chambered muffler and have no clue why Ford paired them together with their X-pipe ? the only logical reason I can come up with is the factory cats must have something to do with it otherwise they would sound too raspy and even more tinny On the other hand, a straight flow design axle back like the FRPP Stingers ? are perfectly suited for an off road X-pipe for there's no baffles for sound waves to bounce off from...Anyhow, it looks as though I'll be going with the GTA's and Mac O/R Prochamber..
Old 3/1/07, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Well to be perfectly honest with you Kelly ? yes I was a bit harsh with him and I don't know if you read his first reply he sent back but when he made the comment about (how many times must he say that an FRPP X-pipe doesn't cause the GTA's to sound higher pitched) ? I took that as being a wisea$$ remark and then when he brought the Shelby GT into it like he did ? that really ****ed me off as though he were insulting my intelligence or something.. Therefore if anyone was being harsh ? that remark is what provoked it all in the first place..As for talking about saying anything on this board as to whether or not he had O/R pipes ? No he didn't mention a single word which also didn't help the situation any either...Anyway your right about what you've heard and X-pipes are very known for causing more of a raspy tinny sound which is why it's not recommended to run a baffled or chambered axle back with an off road X-pipe and as much as I hate to say this ? I found out the GTA's are a chambered muffler and have no clue why Ford paired them together with their X-pipe ? the only logical sense I can come up with is the factory cats must have something to do with it otherwise they would sound too raspy and even more tinny On the other hand, a straight flow design axle back like the FRPP Stingers ? are perfectly suited for an off road X-pipe for there's no baffles for sound waves to bounce off from...Anyhow, it looks as though I'll be going with the GTA's and Mac O/R Prochamber..
Sorry you took it that way Rocky, but my signature has always shown exactly what I have, and nowhere on their do I say anything about an O/R H or X-Pipe, and I have always said that I have the same exhaust as the SGT/GT-H, which as you know includes cats. Life is way to short to get wrapped around the axle on such little things.
Old 3/1/07, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Sorry you took it that way Rocky, but my signature has always shown exactly what I have, and nowhere on their do I say anything about an O/R H or X-Pipe, and I have always said that I have the same exhaust as the SGT/GT-H, which as you know includes cats. Life is way to short to get wrapped around the axle on such little things.
The reason why I took it that way Buster is because most of us assume that when somebody is running either an X or H pipe ? chances are their aftermarket and not stock at least that's how I look at it anyhow I also apologize for taking everything in the wrong way, it's just that I'm very interested in upgrading to the GTA's for my Stang and just need to make sure that I don't end up getting the wrong off-road pipe to go along with it..
Old 3/1/07, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

The reason why I took it that way Buster is because most of us assume that when somebody is running either an X or H pipe ? chances are their aftermarket and not stock at least that's how I look at it anyhow I also apologize for taking everything in the wrong way, it's just that I'm very interested in upgrading to the GTA's for my Stang and just need to make sure that I don't end up getting the wrong off-road pipe to go along with it..
No problem Rocky, all is good. I assumed that we all just put our mods in our signature so everyone could see at a glance what we have so we don't always have to type it over and over. I also forget sometimes how different what we type might "sound" like to someone else. It is far to easy to offend someone when they can't see you and catch all the verbal and non-verbal communication that we use everyday to convey our true meaning. I hope you enjoy your GTA's as much as I do.
Old 3/1/07, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by blkstang06
I think you made a good choice Rocky! 70MACH1OWNER's sound clip was what really made my mind up!.......
The sound clip was definitely the main factor along with your input, CR from Tillman and Scott for providing the clip as well..
Old 3/1/07, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
No problem Rocky, all is good. I assumed that we all just put our mods in our signature so everyone could see at a glance what we have so we don't always have to type it over and over. I also forget sometimes how different what we type might "sound" like to someone else. It is far to easy to offend someone when they can't see you and catch all the verbal and non-verbal communication that we use everyday to convey our true meaning. I hope you enjoy your GTA's as much as I do.
That's the only bad thing about the internet that really sucks, because it's so impossible to know what somebody is actually trying to communicate when you can neither see nor hear what message the person is attempting to get across when all you have to rely on is reading text ? So yes it's very easy to forget and to be perfectly honest with you ? I much prefer communicating over the telephone than typing online for that reason and besides my typing skills leave much to be desired that's for sure lol. As for enjoying my GTA's ? more than likely I'll be getting the Mac o/r ProChamber first and see what they sound like with the Stock mufflers for awhile and then get the GTA's shortly afterwards..